ardent

What Hurts The Most

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-07-2013, 11:01 PM

They had the entire day to themselves, to do whatever it was they pleased. Take a dip out in the lake, go out hunting, lie around like lazy bums and not do anything, rough house, whatever they wanted. He had no one looking for him, no one to answer to, nothing to attend to at home and Mei wasn't going to bother with her trip anymore, so they had all the time in the world to themselves. An amused chuckle rumbled in his throat at the sound of Mei sound of pleasure, finding it to be the most adorable sound he had ever heard in his life. His lips quirked up into a half smile at the sight of her eyes, his heart skipping several beats as it thundered inside his chest in response to her kisses. She turned around to face him, moving to bury her face in his neck, slithering along until she could rest her chin against his shoulders. Gael sighed, still rather in disbelief at the turn of events his life had taken, curling his chin around the curve of her neck, holding her close, burying his nose in her fur, inhaling her scent, unable to get enough of it.

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-07-2013, 11:55 PM

Meili held her Gael like that for several more moments before finally unwinding herself from him and stepping back to look into his eyes with a mischievous grin on her muzzle. "How are you on your feet, handsome?" She chuckled and turned to look at the lake behind them, spying a large oak off in the distance. "How about a race? To that oak tree over there. I'll even let you get a five second head start." She grinned at him and turned to face their destination, motioning with her head for him to go ahead. "Go on! I'll count to five. One... two... three... four... five!

Meili took off right after she got to the final number, sprinting ahead toward him. Her legs stretched out in front of her, her muscles pulling her along with ease. Running was one thing that the small fea was good at and she enjoyed greatly. She could run for days and be perfectly happy. She quickly caught up to Gael and ran in time with him for a moment, giving him a grin before she pushed herself harder and passed him. Being small and light did have its advantages at times!

It took her no time at all to reach the tree that was their goal. She slowly loped to a stop, panting as she turned to face him, joy written all over her face and her tongue lolling out of her mouth. After she caught her breath a little bit she laughed and gave his shoulder a playful nudge with her muzzle. "You may be able to beat me in a fight, but I beat you in speed, you big lug." She chuckled and licked his cheek, affectionately brushing her muzzle against his neck as well.

"Speech."

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-08-2013, 12:21 AM

It felt like an eternity passed -though at the most like it was a few minutes- before Meili finally unwound herself from him, the young man taking his cue as he pulled away from his little woman, lips pulling into a half smirk as she nudged him, asking him if he was good on his feet. Hm, why don't we find out? He followed her gaze, cerulean gems finding the oak that she mentioned, muscles quivering in anticipation for the quick run. A booming laugh erupted from his jaws as she gave him the five second head start, ivory tipped paws becoming a blur beneath him as he launched himself forward, talons pulling at the earth as he sped across the dirt, aiming to reach the oak before Mei did. But of course she caught up with him, her smaller, more slender legs and build allowing her easier speed compared to his larger, bulkier frame. He rolled his in mock disregard, watching as she sped past him, reaching the oak first.

Gael slowed down significantly, bringing his thundering charge to an easy lope, heart pounding wildly inside his chest, pulse hammering against his skin as he took a quick lap around the oak before coming around back to Mei side, slowing a complete stop at her side, salmon tongue lolling free of his jaws, which were open as a gentle pant inflated and deflated his massive chest. A chuff flared his lips as he scoffed at her words playfully. Well I'll be sure to call you if I ever need to chase someone down. He growled playfully, using her moment of distraction to tackle her to the ground, powerful legs becoming a flesh cage as he pinned her beneath him, jaws upturned in a mischievous grin as he nipped the tip of her nose, plume wagging gently behind tawny haunches.

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-08-2013, 08:39 AM

Just as Meili was about to make a come back to his comment on how he would call her if he needed to chase someone down, Gael suddenly tackled her and all at once she on the ground looking up at him. She blinked with surprise before matching his grin, chuckling as he nipped her nose. The small fea clearly had no chance of escape, but she playfully growled at her man, nipping at the end of his nose in return. She laughed softly, flopping her head back onto the grassy ground beneath her in mock exasperation. "Alright, you big warrior, you've clearly made your point... But at least I could catch someone if I had to chase them down." She laughed again and licked the end of his nose, her tail gently waving as well as she looked up into his handsome blue eyes. She wanted to have these fun, playful moments with him for the rest of her life. It made her day every time he was like this.

It was truly a beautiful day outside. The sun was shining in the sky and there wasn't a cloud to be seen, which was a nice change from the huge storm that had been raging yesterday. The gentle wind made small waves across the surface of the lake, making the water lap against the shore, making the scene almost picturesque. The large oak branched out above them, the budding leaves shading them from the sun. It was truly spring now here in Alacritis and Meili thought it was a beautiful thing. Almost as beautiful as the way Gael looked at her, she thought. She looked up at him tenderly and licked his cheek. She wished there was some way to show him how much she cared for her man, but she guessed these small signs of affection had to be enough.

"Speech."

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-08-2013, 03:15 PM

His plan had worked. He had caught her off surprise, tackling her to the ground -gently of course- and pinning her against the ground. Hook, line and sinker. Alright, you big warrior, you've clearly made your point... But at least I could catch someone if I had to chase them down. He chuckled, licking a wet trail up the bridge of her nose, planting a gentle kiss in the middle of her forehead. If we ever need to hunt someone down, we should definitely tag team. With your speed and my strength, we would make a pretty good team. He bumped her chin, allowing his limbs to fold beneath him as he rolled to his right side, spine twisting along the earth, frame kissing the earth as he allowed himself to lie beside Mei, neck craned back in her direction, cerulean gaze on her teal one, right forepaw reaching out to playfully swat at her closest ear.

He really liked Mei. How could he not. She was obviously extremely beautiful, with her gorgeously stunning teal eyes. But she was a kind heart, sweeter than anyone he'd ever met and a very determined little woman. For having been one who had lost all her memories, she was doing surprisingly well. Gael hoped that one day soon, once he brought her to Valhalla with him, he might be able to call her his in front of the entire world and maybe even help her create some new memories, that way she wouldn't be so worried about the ones she lost. Perhaps if she'd lost them it was to make room for the new ones to come in? He could only wonder.

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-09-2013, 12:44 AM

Meili chuckled at his comment, replying with all the corniness of the comment intended, "Well, I think we make a pretty good team anyway." She laughed softly and watched as he rolled over off of her and proceeded to arch his neck back to look at her and playfully swat at her ear. She nipped at his paw playfully, batting at his own ear with her paw in return. It was these moments that reminded Meili that he really was just a yearling, despite how old he seemed sometimes. These carefree moments really brought out the kid in him, but she didn't mind because she loved to be playful like this with him. She felt younger than she really was most of the time anyway, and him playing with her made her feel like she was more comfortable in her own skin. Having a year and a half of her memories gone really messed with her sense of how old she was.

She nudged his muzzle with hers just as she felt her stomach growl, reminding her that it had been at least two days since she had eaten last. All of the stressful events of the night before had distracted her from her hunger, but now that she was completely relaxed it came back to haunt her. She chuckled and licked Gael's nose. "How about some breakfast?" She rolled over back onto her paws, standing and shaking out her fur to get rid of the grass and dust that had settled into her fur when Gael tackled her. She glanced around the area around them, wondering where the best place to hunt would be. Obviously there was the lake, but she had never fished anywhere but in rivers. Perhaps there were some rabbits hiding out in one of the smaller dens or in the grasses? She decided to let Gael lead the way, figuring he would know the land around his home better than she would. She kissed his cheek and gave him a happy grin. "Lead the way?"

"Speech."

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-09-2013, 02:31 AM

He grinned, swiping at her nose, pulling his paw away before she could manage to snag it between her teeth, eyes narrowing as she batted towards his own ears, jaws snapping playfully at her own paw in return. He always thought himself to be mature, but whenever he was with Mei, she seemed to bring out his actual age, the more playful side of him. Not many got to see that side of him, since he tended to tuck it away when dealing with others. But with Mei, he didn't have to hold back. He could act his age and feel completely comfortable with her. That's what he liked about her so much. She let him be himself with her, the real him, not the serious him the rest of the world got to see. Thank you captain obvious. He teased playfully, a joking tone coating his words as he watched her rise, shaking the dirt in her pelt before turning to him, asking him if he wanted to get breakfast. That's gotta be a trick question right? Or like a rhetorical one? He laughed to himself, thinking himself quite clever.

Limbs scrambled beneath the young Adravendi, pulling him back to stand up, following Mei's lead, giving his silvery pelt a quick shake to somewhat clean it before coming to stand at her size, nuzzling her neck as she asked him to lead the way. Fine, I'll show you the way, but then you're gona have to catch our food, since you think yourself so light on your feet little woman. He nipped at her ear tips, bumping her with his shoulder before padding forward, cerulean gems flickering back to his companion before looking ahead, scouting out the forest surrounding the lake for possible prey.

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-09-2013, 08:10 AM

Meili smiled when Gael nuzzled her, laughing at his compromise of her catching the food once they found it. "Okay, okay, I'll catch it, big guy." She nudged him back with her shoulder and chuckled as he nipped at her ears. Meili let herself focus back on the task at hand, following her man through the surrounding forest, trying to catch any scent of prey nearby and listening closely to their surroundings. She wasn't sure if her hunting style was "correct" or not since she had taught herself how to hunt, but it had kept her alive so it must not be all bad. Her ears twitched when she caught the sound of something scuffling through the leaves nearby and she slowed down so that she was creeping along, her paw steps almost silent. She smelled the air till she finally picked up on the scent. Definitely a rabbit. Not a big meal, but where there was one there certainly had to be more so Meili wasn't too concerned. She turned toward the scent, still creeping along quietly. Soon enough she spotted her target, a rabbit searching through a pile of leaves. She crouched low and crept toward it, getting as close as she could. Right when the rodent took its first step to run away, Meili leaped, crossing the last of the distance between her and her prey, her paws landing right on its body, pinning it down. Before it could squirm out of her grasp she bit down on its neck, swiftly snapping the tiny bones and killing it. She triumphantly carried her kill back to Gael and dropped it in front of him, giving him a lick on the cheek before turning around to repeat the process, soon coming back with a rabbit for herself.

She laid down with her man and their meals, holding the freshly killed rabbit between her forepaws. "If you want seconds, you have to get them yourself," she joked, giving him a grin before she dug into her meal. Rabbits were plentiful, easy to find, and easy for her to catch so Meili ended up eating a lot of them in her time. She couldn't exactly bring down a deer on her own, she was too small, unless it was a young fawn or maybe a small doe. She didn't see much sense in killing large prey like that for just herself though. She couldn't eat it all and since before now she didn't have anyone to share it with, she didn't hunt any larger prey. She wasn't entirely sure she would know how to hunt one if given the chance anyway. Maybe she could figure it out if Gael was helping her, but otherwise she would stick to rabbits and such. Slowly she devoured the rodent, cleaning the meat off of its bones till she was full. It didn't take much to fill the small fea up, however, and she wondered if Gael had enough to eat. He was quite a bit larger than she was after all. "Would you like me to find you some more food? I really will get you seconds if you want them, I was just joking before."

"Speech."

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-09-2013, 03:53 PM

He chuckled to himself, nudging his little woman forward, pace slowing as he hung back, stopping all together, cerulean gaze intent on her figure as she stalked forward, intent on catching the rabbits up ahead. Limbs folded beneath the young man, lowering his larger frame to the ground, audits folding against his ears as he tried to keep himself hidden, not wanting to spoil the hunt for Meili. For someone who lost their memories and to re-teach herself all the basic things again, she was a decent hunter. With a little more training he supposed she would be able to become one of the best hunters around. She had the build for it after all. She was quick in her movements, precise as she captured her prey beneath her paws, taking a swift bite to its neck to kill before picking it up and dropping it at his paws, presenting him with a kiss before she went back to catch one for herself.

Gael waited until she had caught her own rabbit before lowering himself completely to the ground, silvery belly kissing the earth, lips quirking into a playful smirk. I mean, I guess I could. He mumbled in mock disappointment, the playful glint in his eyes giving away his true feelings. Jaws locked around the haunches of the rabbit, daggers peeling the skin away to reveal the tender meat underneath. It didn't take him long to finish off the rabbit, since it was pretty small after all. Licking his jowls, Gael lifted his head, gaze focusing Mei as she offered up to get him a second rabbit, her comment from earlier meant only as a joke. He shook his head, dismissing her offer. Don't even worry about it, I'm not even that hungry. A grin pulled at his kissers, muzzle reaching out to bump her chin. Though he had to admit that he was still kind of hungry, he wasn't about to let her run off and catch another one for him. She didn't need to. He could get his own food if he really wanted to. She had already done enough for him.

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-09-2013, 06:16 PM

Meili looked at her man suspiciously, not quite believing that he was really not hungry. She was about to insist on getting him some more food but he distracted her with a playful bump to her chin and that infectious grin of his. If he said he wasn't hungry then she wasn't going to argue with him. She decided, however, that if she happened to see some other prey around she would go after it for him, no questions asked. Hunting was no problem for her and if that was one way she could take care of him she would do it. She liked doing little things like this to show that she cared for him and thought that she could never do enough for him. Meili was selfless by nature so it was only natural for her to put him before herself.

A matching grin crossed her muzzle and she reached over to bump his chin in return with her muzzle. She stood, taking the leftover pieces of rabbit in her jaws, and tossed the remains of her breakfast out into a nearby shrub for the bugs and scavengers of the forest. "What would you like to do now, my big man?" She asked, chuckling a little to herself at her variant of his "little woman" name for her. Somehow it didn't feel near as endearing as his name for her. She'd have to keep working on that one.

"Speech."

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-09-2013, 07:30 PM

His distraction had worked, taking her mind off from getting him food, though she eyed him suspiciously, not completely believing that he wasn't hungry. He appreciated that she was willing to take care of him and provide things like food for him, but it wasn't necessary. Yes, he was a yearling, younger than her which made sense for her want to take of him, but he was more than capable of getting things on his own and providing for himself. And besides, he was the man, he was the one that was supposed to take care of her, not the other way around, age difference or not. It was cute though that was trying to take care of him. Made her that much more amazing.

He chuckled gently at her bump, salmon tongue lashing to caress her nose as she rose, taking the leftovers and tossing them into the nearby shrubbery. Gael glanced down towards his own left over, wondering if he should do the same but deciding against it, feeling to lazy to throw them out. He could just leave them out. Something would eventually come along and take them away. Limbs unscrambled from beneath the young man as he pulled himself back onto his paws, cerulean gaze intent on Mei's as she asked him what they should do, tacking on the nickname big man in there. An idiotic grin curled his kissers as he puffed his chest out, attempting to stand taller than what he really was. That's me. Your big man. But anyways, I don't really know. Whatever you feel like doing. I'm usually wandering, but since I don't want to leave your side, I'll do whatever you wanna do. Shoulders rose in a shrug as he let himself return to his normal stance, audits flickering this way and that, always wary of his surroundings lest someone decide to come and ruin his fun with Mei.

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-10-2013, 01:06 PM

Meili chuckled as her big man puffed up proudly at his new nickname. Maybe she would keep it after all. He seemed to enjoy it enough anyway. She returned his shrug, not really knowing what to do either. She did think it was adorable that he didn't want to leave her side though, especially since she didn't want to leave his either. They had crash landed into this strange situation of mutually liking each other. She had no idea how it was even possible to care so deeply for someone she hadn't even known a month. She had always thought she would be the type to maybe find a pack or another loner that she could partner up with, slowly develop a friendship, maybe grow that into something more. Instead, she had almost seemed to have fallen in love at first sight, and had fallen hard A little hateful voice in the back of her mind told her things could change. He was so young, he had plenty of time to find someone he liked more than her. She pushed that voice away, even though she knew that was the reality she was living in now. Even if their feeling did change, she didn't care. She was going to enjoy this time with him and take advantage of every minute that he still felt this way about her.

Pulling herself out of her own thoughts, she replied, "I'd ususally wander too. It's about all there is to do as a loner." She smiled that now ever present smile and licked his nose playfully. It was so easy to smile and be happy around him. "How about we wander together then? See what we can find?" She turned and led the way around the edge of the lake, her pace a steady, comfortable walk. They had nowhere to go, nowhere to be. The made their way around the shore of the lake, just enjoying the lovely day. They walked in silence for a while, Meili looking around at the area, watching dragonflies dance across the water and the wind sway the trees and grass around them. She glanced over across the lake, spotting the huge tree she had hid under the night before, trying to escape the storm. The events of the night before flashed through her head dampening her mood. She hated the fact that she had lost her memories, but part of her wished she could erase the sight of her man broken on the shore of the lake from her memories. It was so heart wrenching to see him like that and every time it passed through her head she wanted to hold him and care for him. She quickly turned her thoughts to something more happy, trying to not brood so much on her thoughts. "I'm excited about going to Valhalla," she told him, turning her teal gaze to meet his. "Nervous, but excited.

"Speech."

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-11-2013, 01:11 AM

I'd ususally wander too. It's about all there is to do as a loner. How about we wander together then? See what we can find. He had absolutely no idea what they could do for the day. For as big as Alacritis was, there wasn't much that they could do. They'd already hunted, rough housed a little, spent the night together; what else could they do? He nodded in agreement to her suggestion, figuring that there wasn't much else that he could say to follow that. Ivory paws carried the young man alongside his little woman, the two circling around the lake, moving back over to the side closest to the den they'd slept in the night before, a comfortable silence swallowing the two as they walked side by side. Cerulean gaze wandered, taking in the quiet morning, but always returning to rest on Meili, audits perking forward as she finally broke the silence between them as she expressed her excitement about Valhalla. I'm glad your excited and nervous, because I'm very much looking forward to bringing you to live with me little woman. And to have you meet my family.

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-11-2013, 01:41 PM

Meili gently bumped her shoulder against his and smirked when he called her his little woman again. She had to admit that the nickname was really cute and she did love it, despite it emphasizing how much smaller than him she was. At the mention of meeting his family she got even more nervous. She really wanted to make a good impression on them and on his pack for that matter, but she had no idea how to even begin to socialize with these wolves. She didn't know if there was some sort of protocol she was supposed to follow or way she was supposed to behave around them. She was sure Gael would show her what to do though, and that eased her fears somewhat. He was always there for her no matter what and she knew that would be no exception. As long as she had his help she had no doubt that she could transition into pack life with him. "I'm ready to meet them, whenever you're ready to go back home. We could go now if you'd like," she told him, ending her sentence with an affectionate lick to his cheek, her teal eyes happily finding his. It was a weird mix of emotions going through her. She was anxious to get started on this new chapter of her life, but at the same time she was hesitant because of her worries. She was afraid they wouldn't like her, that they would think less of her because of her being a loner or because of her broken memories. They were false insecurities, certainly, but it still put doubt in her mind.

"Speech."

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-11-2013, 01:57 PM

It brought out his own excitement to know that she was excited about heading to Valhalla to meet his family. She was pretty brave for wanting to do so, given his family, at least the ones really related to him, was quite big. His parents, Collision and Soleil, his sister Aza, his missing brother Soleon, his three aunts, Chrysanthe, Epiphron, and Eos(though he didn't really remember her much) and his uncle Syrinx. His blood family was super small, but his adopted family made up for it. Would Meili be ready to meet that many family members? What would they think of her? Would they frown down on his new friend because she two years older than him? Her soft voice broke him from his thoughts, cerulean gaze returning to focus on her teal one. I'm ready to meet them, whenever you're ready to go back home. We could go now if you'd like. Ivory tipped tail wagged energetically behind tawny haunches, crown bobbing up and down in agreement. Alright little woman, follow me and brace yourself, I have a pretty big family. He chuckled to himself, nudging her shoulder with his own as he turned in the direction of Valhalla, ivory dipped paws carrying the young Adravendi in the direction of his home, his new friend tagging along at his side.

EXIT GAEL

Talk like this

Meili

gems
size
Small
build
player
Athena I
07-11-2013, 02:17 PM

Geal's excitement was enough to spark the same excitement in Meili, her tail wagging behind her as well. It helped to push away her worries, knowing that he was that excited for her to be living with him. If he really wanted her with him that much then she knew there was nothing to worry about. They could work through her being a loner or forgetting her early life or their age difference. That stuff didn't matter. What did matter was that they were together and she was going to have a new home for the first time in her life. She grinned and returned the nudge to his shoulder as she trotted along beside him toward Valhalla and toward her new life.

Exit Meili

"Speech."