size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - BisexualTeacherOverachieverDouble MasterStudentSamhain 2022
09-07-2023, 02:09 PM

The flood had been terrifying but Andy had managed to survive and she spent the next few days helping the pack recover. The cough never left her and, as the days progressed, she felt her energy begin to wane. Pain settled into her chest and her coughs began to sound wet while her breathing slowly grew more shallow and rapid. She did her best to hide her sickness, to even out her breathing and avoid coughing around others but, when the fever settled in, there was no more hiding it.

Andy is bedridden, the fever dulling her senses as the dirty water has caused pneumonia to take over her lungs. Every time she exhales, her breathes are wheezy and, with every cough, she brings up large amounts of greenish mucus. Pain is the only thing she really is aware of; from the pressure in her chest to the ache in her joints from the fever, the girl is absolutely miserable. Glassy eyes blink open, searching the room for the large form of her father, knowing he will be there. Rough voice softly calls out, “Daddy?” and she struggles to heave her body up off the bed in search for water.

The fever makes her thirsty and her body demands the cool liquid to calm the fire in her throat. A cough begins deep in her lungs, building as it moves into her bronchial tubes before passing into her throat. Her body shakes violently from the force of the movements and she desperately attempts to suck in air between each ragged exhalation. While she may have survived the water, the girl finds herself drowning on dry land as her lungs have filled with liquid. Fear takes hold as the cough continues on and she finds it difficult to draw in the air she needs.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-07-2023, 05:01 PM
The Warlord had thought they were through the worst of it. The flood had happened, and while it had devastated the pack, they had survived it. Clean up was going to be a long and slow process, but a shipment of goods was set to arrive soon from Ethne. The Armada would be okay. So when he heard that Andy’s cough had developed into something much worse, he rushed to her side. His three companions continued to assist the pack in recovery, but the Warlord remained with Andy.

While most of the pack was housed in the training cavern, the Warlords home was also untouched by the flood water. He kept Andy here, safe and dry and warm. He paced the floor while she slept, and was at her side in an instant when she woke. “I’m here sweety, I’m, right here” He promised her, as he rushed to her side. He kissed her cheek, and grabbed the water beside her bed. “Here, drink, slowly” He ordered her. The healer had left him instructions, and he intended to follow them. As she -hopefully- drank, he dipped a fresh cloth in the bucket of water put aside for this purpose, and replaced the one on her brow.

"Speech"

Andromeda

"Dreamer Of Improbable Dreams"

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

Master Intellectual (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-07-2023, 11:20 PM

The feeble call for her father is answered quickly and Andromeda allows her body to sink back against furs. A cough builds, rolling like waves through her body as her lungs attempt to expel the fluid lodged within. It sounds horrible and each bone-jarring, rattling exhalation is filled with a strange wetness that should not be there. The painful, racking cough subsides and she sinks toward her father, weary from the fit that had fallen over her. Her body curls toward him as he offers the water and orders her to drink slowly.

Glassy, fever dulled eyes lift to settle on his blue gaze and a soft whine escapes her lips as she begs, “Make it stop daddy.” Every inch of her hurts and Andy is almost certain that she can feel each individual fur follicle and they are painful. Head drops as her nose grazes the cool water, allowing her breath to ripple the surface as the girl does not drink right away. While her body demands the liquid, the girl knows what will likely happen. The cold water will hit the back of her throat and cause another spasm in her lungs and that will cause her to fall into yet another coughing fit.

Just the mere thought makes her already sore chest ache but she takes a few weak laps of water… for her father’s sake. He has been with her since the fever settled in and she now leans into his large frame as the coughs begin anew. Tears spring to her eyes from force and pain of them but something breaks loose in her lungs and she brings up more of the foul, green mucus. A frown pulls at her lips as she spits it out, turning her head away in disgust as her father replaces the cloth on her brow. The tears that had gathered, slip free, wetting her cheeks as she hoarsely says, “I’m sorry dad.”

Andy has never really been sick before and, to suddenly be dealing with such a dreadful condition… well, the girl has begun to think she might actually be dying.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-07-2023, 11:34 PM
“I know baby, I know. I’m trying” he promised her, reaching around for the packet of herbs he had been left with if she was in pain. Seeing her like this was excruciating, but he placed all of his own emotions carefully aware. Schooling his features to be nothing more than gentle, and loving. He wasn’t concerned, that face said. She was going to be fine.

He held onto the packet, waiting to see if she could keep down the water. He could feel her leaning against him, needing his strength. He would grant her anything she wished to ease her through this. “You have nothing to apologise for baby girl” he told her, gently brushing the fur around her eyes. “I’m going to make you some tea, it’ll help. I’m not going far” He promised her, stepping a couple steps away to where he had water heating. He added the packet of herbs to it - he had no clue what, exactly - but he trusted his healers. He blew on the water, before carrying it back to her. “Try this, sweetheart”

"Speech"

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-07-2023, 11:53 PM

His promises have her head nodding weakly, beseeching eyes peering up at him as they swim with tears. As worried as Andy is, his gentle, loving presence has been enough to ground her and the girl believes she will be fine because he says so. The water stays down and she apologizes to him which has him reassuring her and brushing the fur around her eyes. Exhaustion tugs her eyelids downward as he speaks of making tea and the lavender girl nods her agreement before sinking deeply into the furs of her bed.

Time passes as she slips underneath the current of fitful slumber, her body twitching wildly as the fever darkens her dreams. Soon, her father returns, gently rousing her into wakefulness and Andy lifts her head, sniffing at the offered herbal concoction a moment before looking up at her father. Pale blue eyes search his brilliant blue gaze for a moment before the girl lowers her gaze and tentatively laps at the warm liquid. It does not agitate her throat and the coughs are not triggered which the girl thinks is a small miracle. Taking it slowly, she is able to take down a good portion of the drink before she is forced to lean back and rest.

A weary smile crosses her lips as the herbs work their magic, soothing the deep ache in throat and suppressing the cough for the time being. With a small sigh, Andy leans toward her father and whispers, “Tell me a story… please?” His voice is soothing to her and, when the fever dreams get to be too much, she can use it to guide herself out.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-08-2023, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2023, 01:58 AM by Sirius. Edited 3 times in total.)
He had never been very good at stories, but he couldn't say no not if it would help to ease her suffering. So he settled down beside her, and closed his eyes. Letting his voice drift into a comforting, storyteller rhythm

"There was once a star in the Andromeda cluster that heard a voice raised in distant song. This star…" here he paused, and after a moment, he made a decision. "Was named Zee, and she was curious by nature. She travelled to her brother star and asked him "have you heard a voice singing?" And her brother shook his star and tsked at Zee 'stars don't sing' he told her, 'now go away, I'm trying to shine here' so Zee went away, but she didn't return to her place in the sky. Her mystery was yet unsolved. So she travelled even further, going from star to star, and asking each one of them 'did you hear the singing?' And each star told her there was no singing, and they were too busy being stars to listen to her. She travelled to the very edge of the Andromeda galaxy, and she looked out into the great blackness beyond and she cried. "Please, I want to hear your song!" And to her great surprise a voice answered. "I am the singer, but you aren't supposed to be able to hear me. I am the Andromeda Galaxy, and I sing to all my stars, but it's a secret." The voice said. The Star called Zee looked around, but she saw no one. "I'm sorry, I didn't know it was supposed to be a secret, but I really loved your song. I just want to hear it again." And after a moment, the Andromeda agreed. She said "if you go back to your place in the stars, I will sing to you. You won't be able to see me, but you'll know I'm there by my song." And the Zee star did as she was bid, and she travelled back to her place in the stars. Where, from that point on, she heard her Andromeda sing to her, and knew she wasn't alone."

"Speech"

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-08-2023, 02:02 AM

He settles in beside her and Andy immediately leans into him, nuzzling deeply into his fur as she listens to the rhythm of his voice and heart. Before the story even begins, the girl has slipped underneath the gauzy surface of sleep where her fever brings the story to life. Color burst into existence in front of eyes and the girl watches with childlike wonder as a dusty purple galaxy spins into existence against an inky backdrop. A song fills the air, its words unknown but its tune, timeless. Her view of the galaxy zooms in to a single star who slowly awakens as if from a deep slumber.

Zee, a teal and tan star, rubs her eyes as she rouses and she blinks her sky-blue eyes with curiosity at the song. Andy follows the star as she tries to find the source of the tune and her legs twitch minutely in the real world as she races along beside Zee. Finally, the pair find the source, the lavender galaxy admitting it was them along and Andy’s gazes watches the scene unfold as tears prick her eyes. Zee went home, knowing that she was no longer along with every song the galaxy sang to her. Her father’s voice falls away and, in its place, she hears her mother’s.

Her eyes sting as she looks around, knowing that she is dreaming but wishing it not to end. From the galaxy, her mother, Zee, emerges, healthy and whole and smiling warmly at her. Andy shifts in her sleep, bumping against her father as she whines softly because, in her dream, her mother reaches out for her. The girl rushes forward, allowing the figment of her imagination to take hold of her and wipe away her tears. Zee echoes the sentiment of the story, letting her know that she is not alone. The girl stays in those safe arms for some time, her body stilling as rest slowly drags her under.

As the dream slowly fades away, the voice of her mother once again tickles her ear, saying, “You all carry my love with you. I am never far away.” A sigh rolls past her lips as Andy slowly climbs through the cobwebs of her mind, her gummy eyelids slowly blinking open as she tries to determine where she is. All that she can say for certain is that time has passed. How much has, she has no clue.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-08-2023, 02:06 AM
It was a good thing that Andy fell asleep so quickly into his story. He continued to tell it, watching her eyelids flicker in sleep. His deep voice was gentle and soft, almost a whisper as he finished his tale. It was a good thing she slept, because she could not see the tears that fell, or the ones he wiped away when he was finished speaking.

After a while of watchingher, and changing the cloth over her forehead, he settled down on a pallet beside her. His larger form rolled out over it as he lay there. He did not intend to fall asleep himself, knowing that lately he thrashed and lashed out. But in the end, his long days and worries caught up to him, and he drifted off to sleep. One that was thankfully, and mercifully dreamless.

"Speech"

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

09-08-2023, 02:24 AM

Even though the fever dulls her senses, as Andy blinks open her pale eyes, the girl would know that dark pelt anywhere. Her father has settled near her pallet, the weight of the world having finally pulled him into a deep slumber. A smile ghosts over her lips as she sluggishly pushes her body toward him. Like a puppy trying to find its footing, she crosses the short distance to where his larger, sleeping form is and the lavender girl presses her face deeply into his fur. The scent that fills her nose relaxes her, reminds her that this is what safety and home is. With her face smooshed in his fur and her body pressed against him, the girl easily slips back under the surface of sleep and has her first, restful night since the fever had taken her.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Hold Back The River Dreamer's Col 02:09 PM, 09-07-2023 03:57 AM, 02-17-2024