Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-15-2024, 02:04 PM
Life was constantly moving too fast. He did not remember feeling that way in his youth. With the flood, and the recovery of his children, Sirius knew too much time had passed since this competition began. He had never intended to delay it this long. Ah, but life had a way of sneaking up in him.

He made his way into the Col, and settled in beside the fire pit, leaning against a stack of wood, and tossing the occasional piece into the flames. He knew the decision he had made was no easy one, and while he was wary about regrets, he knew he had no true choice. Better to do this now, while he still had strength in his bones. Better to let it be a choice, instead of snatched from him. He tilted his head back, and called for Andy, so she might be one of the first to get the news.

Andromeda

"Dreamer Of Improbable Dreams"

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

Master Intellectual (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - BisexualTeacherOverachieverDouble MasterStudentSamhain 2022
01-17-2024, 01:02 AM

Time has a way of slipping through Andy’s paws and days will suddenly turn into months as it continues to steadily march onward. However, as it continues on, the now young woman has started to become painfully aware of the age of those around her that she loves. For example, her father, the imposing Warlord, has entered his tenth year of life and, while that is a wonderful accomplishment, it does not shake the fact that many wolves tend to pass away at this age.

Since the loss of her mother, Andy has tried to cling tightly to Sirius and, now in the face of losing him to old age, the young woman finds herself suddenly and deeply fearful. True, he has yet to slow down but time has already marked his muscle and settled heavily into his bones. So, here she sits, in her observatory, watching the clouds lazily drift by as her mind runs away from her. Thankfully, a summons from her father has her blinking away the dismal thoughts and grounding her in the here and now.

Swiftly, she leaves her beloved observatory and makes her way down into the Col and to the fire pit where her father waits. Walking up to her old man, a wistful smile fills her face and she moves in to get a gentle hug, wishing to savor them while she can. Only when he is done does she step back and seat herself beside him, softly greeting, “Hey dad.” The fire jumps and crackles, spitting sparks into the air as she looks up at the aging Warlord.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-18-2024, 03:05 PM
He couldn't deny the sense of nostalgia he felt, looking at Andromeda. He could sense that it was reflected in the wistful glint of her eyes. And then she was reaching him for a hug, and he wrapped his paws around her. Knowing that she would be okay when he left. She would look after her litter mates, and they too would be okay when life took him. He kissed the top of her head and smiled down at her. “Andy, there's some things we need to talk about,” he told her gently.

Settling his affairs had been on his mind a lot lately. He released his grip on Andy and gently nudged some space between them, until he could see her face as he spoke. “This likely won't be an easy conversation, so let me know if you need me to stop.” He paused then, waiting for her agreement before continuing. “I don't know how long I have left, but when my time comes there's a couple things I want.” He explained “Let Bear, Marshal, and Bast decide for themselves who/if they wish to continue with. They deserve that choice. My bracers should go to one of the younger generations who aren't outfitted yet. As for myself…” He paused. He knew what he truly wanted, but it was not achievable. He wished to be laid to rest with Zee. But her body vanished along with the statues. “Cast me into the fire, spread my ashes where you please.” He decided. He had more he needed to discuss, but he paused there to give Andy time to adjust.

"Speech"

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

03-02-2024, 10:44 PM

It I always difficult for a child to accept the fact that, one day, their parents will no longer be with them and, as father and daughter embrace, the young woman feels her heart flutter with melancholy and she buries her face in his broad chest for a moment while she inhales his scent. He is home. For so long Sirius has been the foundation that she and so many have built their lives around him and the Armada. The mere thought that one day everything will shift and he will be gone is almost too much for her handle.

Sirius plants a kiss on her head and Andy giggles, remembering all the times that that very action has been repeated throughout her life. A dagger pierces her heart as she realizes that, one day, those will be gone. But there is a steel in her and the lavender woman knows that, when that day comes, she will be there to guide her siblings and herself through the grieving process. Family is everything to her after all. His words pull her head from his fur and she gazes lovingly up at him, ready to face anything and everything that set in their path.

The embrace is released and Andy watches as he separates them slightly, the older man’s need to see her face not lost on the woman. A warm, yet sad, smile tugs at her lips as she meets his gaze, her resolve to sit and hear everything he has to say keeping her fortified. Head bobs as he informs her that this won’t be an easy conversation and, while it won’t be, the lavender knows it is an important one that must be done. Her smile is soft and gentle, encouraging him to speak and say what needs to be done in the time that will come after his death.

Yes, it is difficult for her to hear everything but it also helps ease her mind and to begin forming a plan for the inevitable outcome of life. Nodding along, Andy shifts the puzzle pieces around in her mind, making sure that he can be at peace knowing that everything will be handled after his passing. As her father pauses, allowing her time to absorb the information, she softly speaks up, offering, “It will be done father. If Bear, Marshal, and Bas do not wish to continue alongside anyone, then they will be given plenty of space, food, and love if they choose to spend the rest of their lives here in the Armada.”

As she thinks of his faithful companions, a knowing smile tugs at her lips and then she cocks her head as she mulls over the information about his armor. Humming for a moment, she says, “I already have an idea of who would wish to carry your bracers and I will make sure that they are cleaned, oiled, and the blades sharpened before they are presented to them. I will see to it that your body is properly prepared and I will make sure to carry out your funeral myself.” As they speak of these morbid, yet natural things, a strange peace settles over the lavender woman because, while death is inescapable, she can control everything that will happen afterward.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-03-2024, 07:31 AM

The Warlord knew that he trusted Andy to see things done after he was gone. The little purple wolf had a strength inside of her that her siblings would need when his time came. He didn’t think it would be long now, and was scrambling to cover everything he wished to with his pack and family.

“That’s all I ask” He agreed. His companions had faithfully been at his side for many, many years. Bas’s own children lived alongside many of his pack. He did wonder how long Marshal had left, he had lived a long life already.

He put his arm around her again, and closed his eyes. Thinking of all the wolves he had lost in his long life, and wishing he could be there for his children for so much longer. A part of him would always hold so tightly to them. “Is there anything you want? From me, or my things?” He asked her.

"Speech"

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

03-14-2024, 06:42 PM

Andy gazes up at her father and sees in him, the man who gave her the stars and, in this moment, she mourns because she knows that the end will be coming all too soon. The gentle smile on her lips never fades as she reassures him, already setting things in order in her mind as she carefully lays out what she will do once the inevitable happens. After her father has passed, the lavender woman knows that she will quietly fill the role of consoler for her family while also making sure that his wishes will be fulfilled to the best of her abilities. It will be a difficult time but the purple wolf knows that she can help to pull her siblings through it.

Sirius snakes his long limbs around her shoulders again and Andy melts into him, horned head coming to rest against his chest as she listens to the steady, rhythmic beat of his heart. All too soon, that muscle will stop and the father that knows and loves will no longer exist on this plane. But Andromeda cannot find it in herself to become despondent at the thought because, while she will lose him in this physical form, she knows that he will be with all the loved ones he has lost. Years of sorrow will finally give way to peace and the young woman knows, in her heart of hearts, that she cannot deny him that.

At his question, Andy’s lips quiver against his fur and she buries her face a little further into his chest as she carefully considers his belongs. At first, she thinks of asking for one of the furs he sleeps on so that she can keep his scent with her but she knows that will fade away one day. Silence stretches as she loses herself in his embrace, allowing the scared child within her to enjoy this moment as she ponders the gift he offering. Finally, her soft voice fills the air as she says, “I have everything I need. All your teachings and genetic gifts will live on in me and all my siblings. I love you so much dad.”

It is her attempt to let the Warlord know that, even after he is gone, the Fatalis line will endure and survive long after her generation. Pulling away slightly so that she can look up into his eyes, there is a sense about Andromeda as she says, “I… I don’t know what to ask for. Everything I ever wanted or needed has been given to me and I treasure everything that I have. If you would like, after you pass, I can distribute your things among my siblings so that everyone will have a reminder of you to carry with them.”

Andy has never been the selfish sort and she knows that every one of the Fatalis members will struggle after Sirius passes on. However, if there is anything she can to help them in their time of mourning, then the lavender woman will do everything in her power to support them.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-17-2024, 08:38 PM

The old Warlord held tight to Andromeda, knowing that of all his children, Andy would be able to handle this conversation without losing herself. Perhaps it was selfish of him to lay it on her, but these days it was all he could think about - what he was leaving behind, and how his family would manage it.

“I love you too, little star” He told her gently. “That would be perfect, thank you” He trusted her to be able to do it fairly. “I don’t have much left to organise now, before I pass the pack on to Basilisk. I’m going to head to the Hallows for a season or two to allow him time to find his paws without me”

"Speech"

Andromeda

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

03-23-2024, 12:02 AM

Andromeda has always been one with a quiet steel in her soul and the lavender woman knows that she will do everything in her power to help ease the transition between Sirius and Basilisk. For now, she enjoys the embrace, reveling in the familiar as she talks with the man who had singlehanded raised her. At his words, Andy, a smile blooms across her lips and she dips her head in acknowledgement, quietly accepting his love and praise.

Nodding at the next piece of information, Andy softly questions, “Is there anything you would like me to take care of while you are gone?” If he wishes to leave things behind, then she would happily keep them in her den and watch over the items. Or, if one of his companions wished to stay behind, she would be more than willing to take care of them too.

Speaking of den, if Basilisk is taking over the rank of Warlord, then the lavender wolf is fairly certain that he and Hazel will also be taking over the larger den that her father had used. Since her father would no longer be bunking there, she thinks it is time to find and establish her own den. Not that she will use it much since most of her free time is spent up in the observatory that she and her father had built.

Still, Andy would not wish for Basilisk or Hazel to think she is stepping on their paws as they try to settle into their ranks, so she decides that she will scout out a new den quietly.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. There is no cure for age Dreamer's Col 02:04 PM, 01-15-2024 06:32 PM, 07-29-2024