An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
02-25-2024, 10:00 AM
Hattori along the corridor, his steps drowned out by the sounds of cascading rain. The rainy season was unsurprisingly just that, constant downpours and grey skies, but as far as Hattori could tell there was no cause for concern. The streams that wove through the maze were certainly full and the ground overly saturated, but the dug out irrigation channels kept the water on the move, prevented build up and thus flooding.

He paused, through the scents of rain and leaves he caught the smell of one of his daughters. He had not seen much of her late and was intent on changing that fact.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Hinata

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Advanced Fighter (60)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
03-07-2024, 10:43 PM

She didn't like the rain much. It soaked through everything, and she didn't like the feeling of...feeling weighed down. She hadn't been out to play a whole lot because of the unbearable rainy season, and not to mention her feet and head constantly thrummed with aches as her horns pushed through and started growing, and often times her talons got caught on this and that and the other as she got used to them as she grew. She felt like a decoration in the den since she hadn't been out doing a whole lot, but she didn't feel too bad today. Just mostly waited for the rain to let up so she could actually enjoy the day.

She was tired of feeling stuck, however, so when she heard the approach of another through the din of the rain, her ears perked up and she went to sit just inside the mouth of the den and just enough inside where the water couldn't touch too much of her. Squinting, she realized it was her father! "Daddy!"

Hinata

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
03-09-2024, 07:31 AM
Glancing up, Hattori padded over to the source of the squeaked greeting. He hadn't seen much of Hinata lately, but he could understand to a degree why she preferred to stay in the shelter of dens, the canopy blocked out much of the rain, but when it was coming down this hard it could only do so much.

"Ah there you are." He greeted, bending down slightly to angle himself towards the mouth of her hidey hole. She was easy to spot in the darkness, the pale of her coat a welcome reminder of his mother. He thought she would have liked that her granddaughters took after her, it was just a shame she never had the chance to meet them. A thought that stirred a slight tightness in his chest. "What is the matter?" Because he presumed something was amiss, why else would she have been in hiding?

Hinata

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Advanced Fighter (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
04-24-2024, 06:26 PM

Her tail slowly wagged as her father leaned toward the den, and she stepped forward to cover his face in soft kisses. She spent a lot of her time in this den. And if not this one, then she often flitted from one den to the next in a desperate attempt to stay dry. But it wasn't just that, it was the headaches while her horns grew in. That put a dampener on her mood more than anything! So when he asked her a question, she stepped back and considered telling him. Her gaze found his own horns, and she wondered if he ever had the same issues. "Well...sometimes my head hurts. Sometimes it's a little, sometimes it's a lot. Is that normal?" She wanted to play more, but when she felt like trash half the time while they forced their way through her skull, it was difficult.

Hinata

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

05-04-2024, 11:25 AM
He accepted her affection easily enough, had always had a soft spot for his daughters. Perhaps his concern was not as overt as any other parent in his position, but it was present all the same, if he did not care he would not have sought her out- it was about as simple as that. Hattori listened quietly as she spoke and he found himself rumbling in understanding, his head nodding as he immediately knew of what she spoke. When he had been her age he used to get headaches too, growing pains he was told as the horns grew longer and sharper than little nubs. Hinata's horns seemed to be taking a different shape, but he imagined the feeling was similar enough.

"Why haven't you spoken to your Mother about it? She would have made you some tea to make you feel better." He told the pup, not quite scolding but he clearly thought it foolish that she took it upon herself to suffer in silence.

Hinata

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Advanced Fighter (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
06-18-2024, 08:08 PM

She sighed quietly as she sat back, paws shuffling in the dirt beneath her. She had considered asking her mother for help, but she didn't want to seem like she was weak for not being able to handle it. She didn't want to feel like she was a whiner about it, either. After all, if she complained or showed weakness, wouldn't that mean she was weak? "I'm sorry father, I didn't want to feel like a burden...I've been handling so far..." She didn't know how much longer she'd have to endure it though. And she wasn't sure she wanted to keep enduring it without help. Looking back up at Hattori, she offered a small smile. "I'll ask mother for something to help. Erm...did it hurt when yours came in? What did you do? I just...I guess I didn't want to seem weak for not being able to handle it on my own..." Was that her being strong? Or foolish? She wasn't sure.

Hinata

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

07-22-2024, 08:43 AM

Hattori could understand, to a degree that she wanted to soldier through this alone. It was no secret he preferred to handle things if he could, the few times he had sought out Kiriko's aid were few and far between, felt like a bruise to his pride, especially when old injuries lingered as stubborn, aching reminders of past failures. Though in this case Hinata had not failed, not by any measure in his eyes.

"They ached, yes." He confirmed with a nod, seeing no reason to deny it. "Mostly when I was young, I soon grew out of it. But you are not weak to admit this, it would be weak to let it hold you back, to not build upon this and strive to be better. You are better than this, Hinata."

Hinata

Tojo-kai
Atotsugi

Advanced Fighter (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
08-19-2024, 12:55 PM

She looked expectantly at him as he explained. But when he got to the latter of his words, they rang in her ears and they fell back like a flower that had wilted under the harsh sunlight. He wasn't wrong. She was better than this. Wallowing in her den because of a headache? It would pass sooner or later, she knew. But already she felt like she was disappointing the one wolf in her life that she did not ever want to disappoint. She shifted her front paws in the dirt for a few, quiet moments as she looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry for disappointing you, father..." She pursed her lips for a moment before looking up at him. "I do not wish to be useless or let this hold me back...so...can we do some training? I-if you have the time, I mean..." She cleared her throat, wondering if he might be too busy for her to do that or not. What with all her other siblings having a head start, she was sure, she didn't want to be left behind.

Hinata