size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

LegendaryPride - DemisexualWordy
05-11-2024, 11:03 PM

The days had grown shorter and shorter and suddenly it was so much darker for longer than it was lighter. Ignita didn't realize winter actually came with these darker days, she barely felt the sun. She had never felt so cold in her life. Even working in the storerooms she had felt like her toes might freeze off if not for the hot springs down the cavern hall.

Her first snowfall was in the dead of night, and she kind of wished Spider was there to experience that with her, or Wylan. And everyone was a lot more sullen and introspective these days. Somehow she didn't feel her usual peppy self, not as eager to get up in the morning and leave her cozy furs behind. Her paws were even too cold to hold a charcoal sometimes. She had started to bring some of her supplies into the hallway by the hot springs to practice her work on making a brooch to hold a fur around her shoulders and keep her warm while she worked. For some reason, her fur didn't get the memo to make a winter coat like it did for everyone else.

But today she didn't feel like it. Her brain was a little foggy on why, it was the first time she literally just... didn't feel like getting up that morning. She just wanted to stay curled up in her furs and snuggle her little possum, who also barely moved out from the furs these days. Her brain felt slow but restless but she just couldn't grasp an idea at all. What was wrong with her? Maybe she should ask Wylan or Ollie. When she decided to brave the snow again, or when Bas came looking for her. Oh he'd be so upset if she was "Lazing about"... She was trying! Really she was... She was just so... tired and warm here.

wc: 316
"Ignita"

[Image: xjgqzZS.png]
Basilisk may enter her threads without warning.

[Image: bU9k2tE.png]

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-12-2024, 03:47 PM
Wylan trotted through the Col, feeling the crunch of snow beneath his paws. He loved winter, there was something magical about the dark nights, especially when you could share them curled up with someone around a warm fire and a mug of tea in front of you. He’d experimented a lot with different herbs in teas, and what better time to try them? His wings were stretched out, and he jumped from snow drift to snow drift, Glacier at his paws.

At least, he was. The next thing Wylan knew, the little bear was zipping off through the Col. “Wait up!” Wylan called before chasing after the little creature. He immediately considered it a game of tag, and tried to catch up, but the bear was surprisingly fast in the snow!

He came to a skidded halt right outside Iggy’s den, sending snow flying in every direction. Glacier on the other hand, didn’t stop. The bear trotted right through the door, pushing it open with his snout. “Glacier! You can’t do that, you have to knock!” He called out with some exasperation, following after him. “Glacier!” he hissed, before seeing that Iggy was inside, and still in her bed. “Sorry Igg-- hey, are you okay?” He asked, realising it was unusual to find her still in bed in the morning. Since he was already half way in anyway, he came all the way into her den. Trotting over to her bed, where Glacier had already ended up. The snow white bear placed a lick directly over the sandy wolf’s face. “Glacier, manners!!”

WC: 272
Total: 588

"Wylan Fatalis"
[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

Master Intellectual (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-12-2024, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2024, 10:51 PM by Ignita. Edited 1 time in total.)

Suddenly there was a little black nose in her face and a fluffy white bear licking her! She could muster a chuckle and patted a place next to her where it was safe for Glacier to hop up and join her cuddle puddle.

"Hey Wylan, I was thinking of coming to see you..." She yawned and blinked and pulled the bear in closer. "He's so snuggly! Watch for Ida!"  She called after the bear was settling in.

"I don't know Wyl." She looked somewhat dreamy and unfocused, "I've never been so tired and cold. I just want to lay in bed forever. I've never wanted to lay in bed forever. Is there something wrong with me?" She asked, lazily canting her head to one side and giving him slow blinks.

WC: 130

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-15-2024, 02:55 PM
As Wylan watched, Glacier took the invitation to cuddle up beside her. The round creature spread out, taking up all the leftover available space. He was starting to wonder if his companion hadn’t led him here for a reason, sensing something he’d missed. He padded in, and sat down near Ignita’s head, looking down at her as she yawned. “Your always welcome in the tree house” He agreed gently.

“Let’s have a look” Wylan suggested, and leaned over to begin examining her. He checked to ensure she didn’t have a fever, was hydrated, and that there were no signs of bites or anything else that could explain the lethargy. Once he was done, he sat back, shaking his head, and considering her for a moment. “You grew up in a desert, right?” He asked somewhat thoughtfully. He was still slowly teasing out an idea, speaking as he considered it. “This is your first winter in the mountains… are you finding it too cold?” It was true that her coat just wasn’t as thick as most of the rest of them.

WC: 188
Total: 906

"Wylan Fatalis"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-15-2024, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 05:04 PM by Ignita. Edited 1 time in total.)

To experience the treehouse sounded fun but... it didn't urge her forward. She let her eyes rest closed while he checked her over, complying and answering his questions as best she could about fever and drinking enough water etcetera.

She nodded in response to his question about growing up in the desert, and when he asked if she was finding it too cold She tucked her nose under the blankets for a moment and then pulled it out to reply.

"Yes? But... It's fine when I'm beside the pools and under the furs. The last time I was in the pools, though, I almost fell asleep while swimming." She yawned,  "I never knew I could miss the sun..." She mumbled sadly and rubbed her face with her paws, wondering if she could rub her face awake.

wc: 136
T: 1042

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-15-2024, 06:01 PM
Wylans muzzle twitched in amusement when Ignita ducked her nose under the blankets at his question. Yes, she was cold. He scooted a little closer, and spread a wing out over her. Curling it slightly about her - blankets and all. “Sounds like winters affecting you a little more than you expected it to.” Wylan said soothingly. “Le’ts see what we can do about that, yeah? I’m just going to get some things” He explained.

He got up, giving her one last glance before trotting back out of the den. Leaving Glacier there as a live in heater as he trotted back towards his den. He grabbed some things needed for tea, and then scooped up the tiger skin, which was his share of the two kills he and Ollie had made. He’d need some help making some modifications to it, but it would do for now.

He made his way back to her den and got to work setting up his tea, and putting it to boil. “This tea is calming, and it will warm you up” he promised her. He waited until it was hot, and he could put it into a mug and hand it over to her. “Now, if you can manage, do you think you can stand up? I want to take some measurements” He explained.

WC:228
Total: 1270

"Wylan Fatalis"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-16-2024, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2024, 07:32 PM by Ignita. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ignita sighed in agreement, she never knew winters were this harsh. She watched him leave her for a moment to her furs and his snuggly bear who was practically the same size as her. Ida on one side curled up into her legs and Glacier at her back. The companions were a delight. She wished she could walk up the steps and snuggle into... Nope, no, end that there Iggy. She didn't want to think what would happen if Bas caught Iggy snuggling up to his crown prince. It would simply be for their warmth... of course. They were slightly smaller than her, so maybe they would appreciate-

Somewhat gratefully and also half mildly annoyed at the train wreck of her interrupted thoughts, Wylan reenters her den with a wonderfully warm-smelling tea and a pelt on his back. She thinks while he prepares the tea. She bet his wings would be extra warm in the winter. He did invite her to the treehouse, maybe snuggling under his wings would keep her warm. For some reason thinking about snuggling in with Wylan felt different than snuggling in with Spider... Interesting... He handed her the mug and she gave it a blow for a moment before tentatively taking a tiny sip. She hummed an approving sound, it was a little too hot, but the warmth of the mug in her paws helped bring back quite a bit of warmth in them.

She tilted her head at his request to stand up and take measurements. What's this? She saw the beautiful Siberian tiger pelt he was carrying. Thick and plush with orange and black fur. What was his plan with this?

"Sure." She agreed and shrugged the furs off, leaving the companions for a moment to hop down from the platform bed.

The fire for the tea was starting to warm her den, she didn't realize she could keep a fire in here. It was still chilly when she left the furs but it no longer bit down to her very bones as she stood diligently while he measured.

TWc: 1500+ (1616)

"Ignita"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-16-2024, 08:05 PM
Wylan watched while she drank her tea and let it warm her before she came out of the bed as he had requested. The pale wolf stopped before him and Wylan gave her a warm grin. Pausing to wrap a wing lightly around the pale girl. “We’ll have you sorted” he promised her lightly, voice filled with enthusiasm. He then grabbed the lovely coat (He loved it, but giving was kind of his thing, and the more he loved something, the more its worth. right?) and tossed it over her shoulders. Once it was settled he began to make measurements, punching holes into the coat to mark where he would need to cut off.

“This should cover the most of you, would you want a foldable hood, too? I could line it with some of the excess fur to make it extra comfy…” he suggested, sticking his tongue out in thought as he sat on his hunches and used his forepaws to tug the fur around her shoulders. “I hear you and Basilisk are working on broaches, if you think we could snag one, we could use it to make the coat easy to put on and pin here?” he suggested, pressing a paw lightly under her chin, and then grinning up at her.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-17-2024, 01:31 AM

She sighed and gratefully closed her eyes as he wrapped a wing around her, promising to help sort her out. She was right! His wing was warm! Could he stand there forever? No, he pulled away and went to work.

Ignita then watched him work as he fitted the coat over her. It was beautiful.
"Are... are you sure?" She asked, looking up at him cautiously as he suggested a lined hood. What did she do to deserve such kindness? "I suppose... Sure." She acquiesced somewhat sullenly. "Maybe turn the fur inward, so it can catch more of the heat." She suggested. It wouldn't look as pretty on the outside but it would be wonderfully warmer.
He mentioned her latest project and she nodded, still somewhat stunned that he would give her such a gorgeously fine fur. She was a slave, this type of fur was fit for a princess! Or prince!

Oh right, she had a mock-up she had put together for Charlie made of wood.
"Right over there on that ledge-" She nodded with her nose, Idalia the possum had finally emerged herself out of the furs now that the den was getting more heat in general. Ida knew what she was about to ask for and stretched out for a moment before clambering over the minibear and hopping up to the ledge. She grabbed the little wooden stick and circle that Ignita had carved a few days ago and hopped down to offer it to Wylan. "- is my mock-up. Thank you, Sweetling." She praised the little possum.

"You place the circle over the fabric, pull a little fabric through the circle, then place the stick through the fabric in front of the circle! It holds it fairly securely!" She was starting to brighten up and talk a little quicker as she explained how the brooch worked. 

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
05-17-2024, 01:44 AM
“I’m sure! We’ve got to keep you warm” he pointed with a friendly smile. He listened to her suggestion with the hood and took it seriously. She was the one who would be wearing it, after all. “I’m not great at making coats, but me and Ollie will work on it in the evenings, and I’ll let you know when it's done” He promised her. He left the coat draped over her for now. Reluctant to take it off and let out some of the warmth she had accumulated.

Idalia went for something on the ledge and brought it to Wylan. He took it solemnly from her and looked at the wooden broach. “Yeah, this is perfect, Iggy!” He agreed, turning it over and looking at what she meant with the circle.

"Wylan Fatalis"

Ignita

Armada
Consort

Expert Navigator (130)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

05-17-2024, 03:37 PM

He was going to work on it with Ollie too? That was so nice. Ignita didn't think Ollie liked her much, maybe found her too annoying, and she thought he avoided her a lot. She thought a lot of the pack avoided her except for Wyl, Spider, and Bas. It was probably just her rank and connection to Bas.

Her tail wagged briskly back and forth as he delighted in her work. "It's crude I know, and won't last as long as something Charlie would make." The coat was already so nice and warm. She could move around in it fairly fine and it was simple enough to put on and take off.

Now that she also knew she could keep a fire in her den, maybe she'd be able to continue working on her projects without her paws getting so cold!

"Thank you Wyl. It means a lot to me. I hope you don't get in trouble for giving me something like this. Maybe we should ask Bas if it's okay?" She didn't want to upset the Warlord by accepting such a fancy gift since he felt strongly about ranks and propriety, and she was still grasping at the concept of what would be socially appropriate.

"Basilisk" || "Iggy"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Wilting Desert Flower in the Snow Dreamer's Col 11:03 PM, 05-11-2024 03:04 PM, 07-18-2024