gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
05-22-2024, 07:02 PM

Wynter hadn't spotted the utterly unmissable new Warlord in the forest surrounding the Col so she went looking for him inside and eventually found herself in the open market area, her sapphire gaze sweeping over the area and the small clusters of wolves that were at one stall or another. She wasn't really sure what she wanted out of this other than to just get to know Basilisk as more than a cousin she knows of that took their grandfather's position. She was pretty sure she hadn't said anything more than just a passing greeting to him ever, especially with her family living out in the woods rather than in the Col like most of the pack, so surely it would benefit her to make herself known. 

Eventually she spotted Bas talking to another one of their pack members so she hung out near one of the stalls till he was done and once he was free she walked toward the stall he was standing by, hoping to appear nonchalant as she approached him with a little nod. "Hello, Basilisk," she said in greeting, glancing at the goods on the stall before she turned to face him properly as she added, "How has being Warlord been treating you so far?" It had been the better part of a season since the pack meeting where he had announced himself as the new Warlord so hopefully he had time to settle in by now, but she was curious what having that kind of position and responsibility was like.

"Wynter Fatalis"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
05-22-2024, 07:15 PM

Basilisk finished up giving Ignitis trade orders and turned to find another wolf waiting for him. He nodded his head towards the young blue wolf. He hadn’t spent much time with Wynter, but he recognized her from Mortis’ litter. He’d been getting to know a few of her littermates recently, with Ollie requesting the position of healer. He found himself wondering if that was what the young wolf was here for. If so, he highly approved. He needed more of the young wolves out of the children ranks and training properly in the pack.

“Hello, Wynter. It’s certainly had its challenges.” he said with a wry smile, indicating for her to follow him. He started to move back out into the Col. “What can I do for you?” He asked.

"Basilisk Fatalis"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (195)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
05-30-2024, 12:55 AM

Basilisk didn't give much away with his very simple answer to her question, but he did gesture for her to walk with him so she did just that. He must always be busy and on the way to do one thing or another so she didn't mind walking and talking with him on the way. He asked what he could do for her and she replied, "Well, hopefully it's more what I can do for you than the other way around," giving him a grin. "I've been debating what path I want to take and I believe that I would like to start with Diplomat. Eventually I hope to be the Ambassador, but I know I need to take one step at a time and get more familiar with diplomacy." She looked curiously to Basilisk to see what his thoughts were on her request. From what she could tell there currently weren't any diplomats so she hoped that she could be of the most help in that position rather than just falling into the Warrior ranks, but maybe Basilisk was more concerned about having more Warriors right now. She waited to see, hopeful that he'd be agreeable to the idea.

"Wynter Fatalis"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
05-31-2024, 04:00 PM

Leaving the noisy market behind, it was easier to hear Wynters responses as he slowed his pace, and eventually stopped near the central fire of the Col. Almost absentmindedly, he tossed a few pieces of wood from the reserves onto the flames. Carefully kicking them into position as he listened to the blue wolf.

“I don’t know you as well as I should, but it's true that the pack needs more diplomats” He said, settling into a seated position beside. “Things are constantly moving and changing outside of the Armada, and we are isolated enough that we miss a lot of crucial information. I’m going to take a leap of faith, and grant you the rank now. The road to Ambassador is definitely one you can take. But learn and grow in the position of Diplomat first. You're in a rather tricky position where there’s no one ranked up ahead of you that can show you the ropes. But the up side of that is that if you learn quickly, you can also advance much more quickly than you might have otherwise.” He was frank and honest with her as he explained the situation. “I myself am not much of a diplomat. So as I see it, you have two choices. You can learn completely from scratch and make this position what you will of it, or you can head to the Hallows with my blessing and ask Artorias if he can spare a wolf to teach you. The Hallows is the only pack we are aligned closely enough through history and blood to make such a request of right now.” He finished. It was a lot for her to take in, so he gave her a moment.

"Basilisk Fatalis"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (195)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
06-02-2024, 11:10 PM

Wynter stopped with Basilisk as he led them to the pack's central bonfire, finishing her pitch for why she wanted to be a diplomat and watching as he tossed some firewood into the fire. She turned her sapphire gaze away from the fire and up to his face as he spoke and mentioned how he didn't know her that well, but that he did agree over their need for diplomats. At the very least she had been right on the money there and could make herself more useful than just falling into the ranks of warriors. When he agreed to grant her the position on a leap of faith, she had to hold back a more excited grin and instead opted for a pleased smile instead, dipping her head gratefully to the new Warlord. She listened intently as he spoke of the uniqueness of her current position being the only diplomat with no one above her to learn from along with a couple of options of how she might approach her training given that fact.

She did like the possibility of being able to shape this position into how she wanted it to be and making it up as she went, but she knew from training with her parents and older family members how valuable picking up on knowledge from others more experienced than her could be. She hummed thoughtfully as she considered the options, glancing away into the fire for a moment. Perhaps there was a way to have it somewhere in between... Looking back to Basilisk, she replied, "I would enjoy having more of a say in how I approach the position so I do want to learn and try things on my own more often than not, but I would also like to spend some time in The Hallows just to have a different perspective and see what another pack is like since I've never left the Armada. I imagine every pack handles things a little differently or has different goals so I wouldn't want to directly replicate how The Hallows handles their diplomacy, but I'm sure they would have some tips I can implement into my own methods if that's okay with you." Plus, that might give her a chance to see her grandfather again and she would love to see him if nothing else.

"Wynter Fatalis"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-13-2024, 10:37 PM

Basilisk said his piece, and gave her the space to decide on her own. If this was the future she wanted, then it was her right to decide how to reach it. When she did reply, it was careful and insightful. He inclined his head at her. “A little of both, in that case. I support it.” he agreed, and considered another thought. He tossed another log of wood into the fire, and considered the plan in making.

“A small, and easy taste of the job. Avalon and the Armada are in the middle of negotiating trade. They’ve sent us a bundle of samples, and I’ve been getting Ignita to prepare a bundle in return. Their alpha, Corbie, is a reasonable wolf. A good trial run for someone learning the ropes if you wish to take our bundle to her.” He suggested to the young Diplomat.

"Basilisk Fatalis"

Wynter

Armada
Diplomat

Expert Fighter (195)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby
06-16-2024, 08:56 PM

Wynter gave a pleased grin when Basilisk agreed to her hybrid method of learning how to be an Armada diplomat. The way she learned and approached things had always been a little all over the place and certainly in her own way so she appreciated the freedom to find her own way of doing things. She thought that would be the end of it, but to her surprise Basilisk went on to give her a bit of a task–take a bundle of samples for what they had to offer for trade to Avalon. Her brows lifted with surprise and a delighted grin crossed her lips before she caught herself and gave him a more mature nod in response. Sure! Er- I mean, yes, of course. I would be happy to deliver that to Avalon for you. I'll be ready to go whenever it's ready." She definitely hadn't been expecting to get her first Diplomat assignment so quickly, but she was excited to get started! It sounded like it should be a pretty straight forward and easy task, but it was a start! "I'll go prepare some supplies for the trip." She gave him a respectful dip of her head and turned to leave, waiting till she was out of sight before she let her excited grin return and she began to bound away back toward her family's home to get ready.

"Wynter Fatalis"

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
06-20-2024, 03:13 PM

Basilisk couldn’t help the twitch of amusement at Wynters enthusiasm. Good, he was glad that this job mattered to her. He certainly needed a wolf that had the drive for it. Diplomacy wasn’t his strong point.

“Once you’ve sorted your supplies, check in with Ignita, she was getting the last things together for the bundle.” he explained, knowing the little wolf was filling in for Charlie at the forge and putting in a sample of the pack's work there. It wouldn’t be as good as it would have been if someone who had spent time honing their craft had made it. But Iggy was clever, and willing to try.

"Basilisk Fatalis"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Friends in high places Dreamer's Col 07:02 PM, 05-22-2024 03:11 PM, 07-18-2024