An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
05-13-2024, 09:43 AM
It was quiet there, the summer cicadas chants were muffled through the wall of bamboo. He had not visited this place in quiet some time, it was difficult to navigate out this way and thus for the most part, most members of Tojo had not yet stepped foot in this little sanctuary. A shame, he thought. Perhaps one day his children would take an interest in seeking out this little haven, the fish and cats a pleasant enough backdrop, even more privacy for his reclusive kin.

He moved slowly, many of the wayward kittens that had invaded the maze last season had slowly meandered their way back here. Some had been adopted by his children, though not enough to truly make a dent on the colonies' population.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Taiga

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Res
06-17-2024, 07:27 AM

Though the path may have been difficult for a wolf to traverse, it was easier for a lioness. A cave lioness, that was. Not quite your standard lion. More akin to a lion/tiger cross with the thick fur about her neck, the rippling muscles and the extreme size. Taiga was a sight that not many were lucky enough to behold. Today, luck would be on Hattori's side.

Taiga's delicate senses led her through the back passages of a thick, bamboo maze. The faint smell of housecat drew her inwards. Not having any of her own species to mingle with on this continent, Taiga was drawn to the smaller felines. They were so tiny and clever and quick. And so she followed their scent until the bamboo opened up into a wide space. The scent of water and fish filled pink nares and an interested rumble sounded from the cat.

Raspberry eyes shifted, noting that she wasn't the only one here. A big male wolf was inspecting the clearing as well. Low, but still very feminine tones crossed the distance between them. "I hope I'm not intruding." The scent of pack had been all over the outside pathways, but it had dissipated as she drew closer to this place.

"Taiga"
Taiga is a Panthera Spelaea- a Cave Lion.

She stands 63" at the shoulder and weighs a whopping 700 lbs.

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
06-24-2024, 08:26 AM
Hattori had developed a sort of tolerant-fondness for the cats that called this little place their home. Aside from the kitten invasion last season they weren't any trouble and even then the matter was resolved quickly enough, the mother cats eventually herded their wayward offspring back home. And those who hadn't been collected were adopted by his children, a neat enough resolution to an issue that was barely an inconvenience in the first place.

Which was to say, he did not mind cats. Had never met one quite as large as this one before, even the sabre-toothed cats he'd slain many winters ago could not compare. She was something else entirely, it seemed, much larger and of stockier build. Moved with a natural sense of ease and confidence that no doubt came from being so formidable.

"Not at all." Hattori told her. "I did not think it right to claim this place," as she no doubt had concluded much of the Maze was his domain, but not here.

Taiga

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Res
06-25-2024, 09:30 AM

Rounded ears swiveled to catch the brutes words and she rumbled in agreement. "It seems very much as though this place belongs to the little ones." Padding up to the edge of the pool, the feline crouched, pink tongue lapping at the cool water before powerful legs slid out from beneath her and she took up a pose of complete relaxation. Raspberry eyes watched the koi as they swam through the pool, clearly accustomed to having visitors. Many came right up to the edge, curiously nosing one massive paw as it hung into the water.

As Taiga lay there, several of the little cats came up to investigate as well. The lioness must have given off an aura of calm, for one little kitten began climbing her, not stopping til it was hopping about on her wide back. The big cat cast a glance over her shoulder at the little orange kitten and chuckled, giving her blocky skull a shake before looking back to the wolf. "I may stay here for a time," she informed him. The place was peaceful and Taiga didn't mind being a jungle gym for little cats. "I am called Taiga," she gave her name. If this place was in the middle of his domain, they should know one another.

"Taiga"

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

07-04-2024, 05:35 AM
Hattori watched in stern silence as he watched the cats and kittens approach the large feline, it could be overstated just how large she was. And yet the cats did not seem intimated at all, clambered all over her as though they were her own kin. If anything, it spoke of her demeanour, calm and at ease-she had nothing to prove. In his old age, Hattori had little patience for upstarts and those who postured, snapped and snarled as if aggression warranted respect.

He lingered by the pond at a conversational distance, the orange of his coat casting a reflection on the water's surface. Like it had been set afire, the koi fish below the surface dancing amongst the flames.

"I am Hattori." He greeted in turn, dipping his head in respect, though he wasn't sure if the gesture would translate very well. Cats had their own body language and culture, he found himself idly curious about it. No doubt was he settled and comfortable with his way of life, but it did not take a genius to conclude she was not a Boreas native. That had likely come from somewhere else, her home perhaps at the end of the Ice Bridge. "How long have you been here?" Not in the bamboo, but in general.

Taiga

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Res
07-04-2024, 08:52 AM

It seemed as though the first kitten broke the seal. After that, more cats came and began to clamber over the giant lioness. Taiga gently flopped onto her side, head in the grass, allowing her smaller cousins to climb her and satiate their curiosity. There were many questioning mews and a plethora of purrs as several of the kitties happily rubbed their heads against the rosette covered feline.

Hattori was the mans name and Taiga was glad that his energy seemed to match her own, somewhat. He asked how long she'd been here and a contemplative rumble reverberated through the felines chest. "I came to this place when the ice bridge joined our lands." Had to have been years now, right? "I was the only one of my kind that made it, so I'm very much alone." This was part of the reason that Taiga was so kind to creatures smaller than herself.

"Tell me of your pack, Hattori. You seem to honor this place and your mannerisms speak of one that knows and expects respect." Basically, was he a good witch or a bad witch?

"Speech!"

Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

07-11-2024, 07:28 AM
Though Hattori was no longer the only koi wolf here, he had been for quite some time. Even then he couldn't quite understand where Taiga was coming from, such a comparison was inaccurate and not entirely fair to what he presumed the cave lion went through. Koi wolves were no doubt easily identifiable, but at the end of the day they were still wolves, to pretend they were further removed than they actually were would be...well, it was no doubt an attitude Hattori's own sire used to hold. And needless to say, Hattori did not have fond memories of the man.

Taiga's question was met with a slight quirk of his brow; he had thought most cats were solitary but saw no reason not to indulge her curiosity. Tojo was rather secretive and solitary, but he did not think they were outright unwelcoming, they even had guests from time to time.

"We are..some may call us reclusive, and I suppose that is not an unfair assessment." The barest hint of amusement coloured his tone, no doubt some would describe Tojo not so kindly. In many ways Hattori deserved that critics-though he wouldn't admit as much- but Tojo itself, the wolves who called it home? "Above all else, we value our independence and self-sufficiency. The bamboo is our home, it is where we want to be. "

Taiga

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (250)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Res
07-23-2024, 07:00 AM

Rounded ears listened again as the koi marked wolf spoke of his pack and their beliefs. Solitude was a lovely thing at times, but it did get lonely. Ruby eyes shifted from the playful cats towards the brute who rested nearby. "I believe I'm going to stay here," the lioness spoke with a sense of finality. "There's something about this place... it should be protected." Surely he felt it too.

Gently, Taiga prompted the cats off of her and she rolled to her paws. The hulking feline moved towards the horned wolf, her long tail gently lashing back and forth. Little felines dove up at it, trying to catch the dark tuft on the end. Taiga's claret gaze was only for Hattori. "If you could tell your pack that I'll be here so as not to alarm them, it would be ideal," the stripey spotted cat spoke.

She was in the heart of wolven territory, so Taiga believed that there should be some exchange for passage through Hattori's lands, should she wish to leave the peaceful little sanctuary. "Should you have any in your pack that wish to learn hunting or fighting, I can offer my services in payment for passage through your lands."

"Taiga"