gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
07-20-2023, 06:19 PM

Mercury confirmed her suspicions that it was a long journey and she nodded with understanding. If she had thought things through a bit more she would have planned out the trip more with him and gotten more information before she struck out on her own, but there had been this itch to go and hopefully retrace her steps in a way that might jog her memory. She had been too afraid of hearing that the trip would have been impossible so she had consciously not spoken to him about it and now here she was, back after a trip that had ultimately taken her nowhere.

When he asked if she would be coming back to The Hallows, she hesitated a bit more than she would have wanted to. "Maybe!" she replied after a beat of thought. She wanted to say yes since her only friend was right here in front of her, but her own stubborn pride made the thought of asking Art yet again for a place here a difficult one. "I'd like to, but... I think a bit more time on my own might do me some good. Relearn who I really am, you know?" It felt like an excuse and maybe it was, but it felt like a good one.

Her brows lifted and eyes lit up with surprise when Mercury shared the news of the alpha couple's new litter of pups. "That's so exciting!" she exclaimed genuinely, grinning happily at the news. Of all of her scattered memories, the ones that involved new pups entering the band she lived with were always the most exciting and joyous ones. "Please share my congratulations with Art and Briar when you see them. I'm glad they've been keeping you busy," she added with a chuckle. Ever since she lost the chunk of her memories the passage of time had felt weird and disjointed, but big events and things that showed that life went on regardless did help her see that things just kept moving no matter what happened.

"Well... I won't keep you from your patrol for too long, but... if they can spare you for a few hours I'll be by the falls if you want to come see me there." she offered after a beat of silence, glancing toward her paws with a shy awkwardness before she looked up at him with a little grin. "I can make some dinner, if you want. Only if it doesn't interfere with your work, of course."

"Anthea Dásos"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Coming back around again The God's Garden 03:34 PM, 07-20-2023 03:43 AM, 02-13-2024