gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-20-2023, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2023, 01:27 AM by Anthea. Edited 1 time in total.)

After speaking with Asheila and spending some time with her unexpectedly by the falls, it only made her even more curious as to how Mercury was doing. She certainly hadn't expected the gray-toned woman to know all of the details about her friend and what he had been up to in the weeks that she had been gone and in a way she felt strange asking her about him so she hadn't. Instead, she found herself lingering at the very edges of the plains that surrounded the castle, staying just outside of the border that cut off the pack's lands from the God's Garden. She had come here a couple of times since she found herself back in Auster, but hadn't mustered up the courage to actually call for anyone or stop any of the warriors that were on patrol to ask if she could come in. As soon as she saw someone heading her direction she turned and left.

She couldn't quite decipher why. She felt some sort of guilt for leaving a pack that had so kindly taken her in and felt as though she had failed even though her attempt to go home would have likely been fruitless regardless. It was just hard to think of facing Artorias again after stating her case for why she wanted to stay only to turn around and leave and now find herself back here again. Still, now that she had spoken to Asheila and was reminded of how lonely it was living on her own, she fond herself here again, hopefully looking across the border for a familiar face. This time it seemed like luck was more on her side as the familiar blue-toned wolf she had been hoping to see began to come into view as he walked along the Hallows border. A little, hopeful grin pulled at her lips and she got to her paws as she edged a bit closer to the border while still being conscious of the fact that she was no longer a member so she couldn't simply walk into their lands uninvited. She lifted a paw to wave and hopefully get his attention while quietly hoping that he still wanted to see her in the first place.

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-20-2023, 06:45 PM

Patrolling was a regular part of Mercury’s life. With three territories, there was a lot of ground to cover. But with the Aegis’s newest litter, it felt more important than ever to ensure every inch of the border was walked. A bird’s eye view was a valuable thing as well, and Solar accompanied him on all his day-time patrols. It was the bird who noticed the wolf first, letting out a soft, welcoming caw that surprised Merc. His eyes roved the territory outside the pack, and found movement as she waved to him.

His expression lighting up into a smile, he changed his course, angling towards her and picking up his pace a little. He hadn’t seen Anthea in some time now. She had left the pack in order to learn more about the fate of her people. Something that he had very much respected, and found himself worrying over. He knew what she was likely to find, and it pained him to know she would find it alone. But the Hallows had given him his life, and he couldn’t leave it.

“Anthea!” He said, stopping before her and leaning his muzzle into the space behind her ear in a quick hug. “it’s so good to see you. How are you?”

"Speech"

[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

Advanced Intellectual (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-20-2023, 07:44 PM

The way Mercury's face lit up when he realized she was there eased the anxiety she felt and her grin widened as he picked up the pace to join her where she was standing. She returned his hug without hesitation and gave him an affectionate squeeze of her own. "Mercury!" she greeted just as eagerly, her tail wagging gently behind her. It hadn't really hit her how much she had missed him until she actually saw him again, but just seeing a familiar face when there were so few faces that felt familiar any more felt really nice. As she stepped back from him again and he asked how she was she replied, "I'm... okay." She smiled to reassure him and added, "I didn't make it back home. I don't think I fully grasped how far from here it was. I guess I just thought that if I had floated onto the shore then it surely couldn't be that far, but there's still some gap in my memory in-between when I got washed away from there and ended up here so..." She gave a little shrug, obviously disappointed by the lack of results from her time away, but happy to see him regardless.

"I got back to Auster several days ago. I've been staying in a cave over by the river in Cedar Falls," she explained gesturing back over her shoulder in the direction of the cedar tree forest that sat just beyond the garden behind her. "The time away did give me a chance to see a lot of Boreas and Auster though so I guess it wasn't a total loss." There had to be a bright side to everything in her mind and if she had a chance to really explore this place she now found herself calling home then it couldn't have been a waste of time. She refocused her two-toned eyes on him with another smile, looking to him expectantly. "How about you? How've you been?"

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-20-2023, 08:01 PM

His tail moved slowly behind him in an expression of joy as she returned the hug. He wanted to ask about her journey, but he couldn’t seem to find the right words. He didn’t want to dig at wounds, especially when they were ones they both shared. But he didn’t need to ask, she was already filling him in. Explaining how her journey had ended before it started. He gave a slow nod at her explanation. He could have led her home, but that would mean leaving the pack for too long. Was it wrong of him to deny her that closure? It sure left him feeling like an ass.

“It’s a fair long journey” He agreed cautiously. “Are you thinking of coming back to the Hallows?” He asked, perhaps less tactfully than he could have. He was surprised to learn she was staying in a cave, instead of returning to the Castle.

“There’s definitely a lot to explore here. And I’ve been good, Artorias has been keeping me busy - him, and his second litter of pups!” he explained, a fond smile on his lips at the thought of them.

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-20-2023, 08:19 PM

Mercury confirmed her suspicions that it was a long journey and she nodded with understanding. If she had thought things through a bit more she would have planned out the trip more with him and gotten more information before she struck out on her own, but there had been this itch to go and hopefully retrace her steps in a way that might jog her memory. She had been too afraid of hearing that the trip would have been impossible so she had consciously not spoken to him about it and now here she was, back after a trip that had ultimately taken her nowhere.

When he asked if she would be coming back to The Hallows, she hesitated a bit more than she would have wanted to. "Maybe!" she replied after a beat of thought. She wanted to say yes since her only friend was right here in front of her, but her own stubborn pride made the thought of asking Art yet again for a place here a difficult one. "I'd like to, but... I think a bit more time on my own might do me some good. Relearn who I really am, you know?" It felt like an excuse and maybe it was, but it felt like a good one.

Her brows lifted and eyes lit up with surprise when Mercury shared the news of the alpha couple's new litter of pups. "That's so exciting!" she exclaimed genuinely, grinning happily at the news. Of all of her scattered memories, the ones that involved new pups entering the band she lived with were always the most exciting and joyous ones. "Please share my congratulations with Art and Briar when you see them. I'm glad they've been keeping you busy," she added with a chuckle. Ever since she lost the chunk of her memories the passage of time had felt weird and disjointed, but big events and things that showed that life went on regardless did help her see that things just kept moving no matter what happened.

"Well... I won't keep you from your patrol for too long, but... if they can spare you for a few hours I'll be by the falls if you want to come see me there." she offered after a beat of silence, glancing toward her paws with a shy awkwardness before she looked up at him with a little grin. "I can make some dinner, if you want. Only if it doesn't interfere with your work, of course."

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-20-2023, 08:54 PM

Her hesitation didn’t go unnoticed, and he found himself surprised. She had fallen into the Hallows, somewhat outside of her own volition. Now that she was on her paws, searching for information and learning a little about what she had lost, was she going to make a different decision on where she wanted to be? He hadn’t expected it. Not did he expect the stab in his chest at the thought. He hadn’t considered the possibility that she would not be around in the Hallows.

“I understand, I can respect that. If you ever need anything, a hunting partner or someone to talk to. You know you can call on me any time?” He asked her softly. The pack came first, always. But that didn’t mean he didn’t have time for his friends.

“I’ll do that” He agreed warmly, amused at her excitement over the pups. But understanding, too. They were wonderful things. So innocent, where everything they saw was for the first time. Having pups around reminded you to see the wonders around you.

Oh yes… his patrol. He blinked, realising that running into Anthea had completely jostled him from his plans and patrols. Not that he minded, but he couldn’t leave an unexpected gap in the patrols. “I’ll be there, you can count on it” He promised. The moment he was finished his pack responsibilities for the day, he would head to the falls and figure out where she was waiting for him. “It’s… good to see you Anthea, really good” He said, offering her a shy sort of smile on his own, before tipping his head at her. “I’ll see you at the falls” He promised her

- Time skip? -

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-20-2023, 09:30 PM
Mercury's promise to join her at the falls later brought a warmth to her chest, surprising even herself with how happy the agreement made her. Her face flushed a bit beneath her slate fur as he mentioned how good it was to see her again, making her grin and glance away for just a moment with a little chuckle. "It's really good to see you again too, Mercury." And it was. She had been looking forward to reuniting with him, but she almost felt like the time apart had been surprisingly good for them both. She knew only time would tell if that was really the case, but maybe their dinner later would give her an answer. "See you then," she promised as well, giving him one last grin before she turned to start heading back toward the falls so that he could get back to his patrol and she had to resist the urge to look back at him as she went.

- time skip! -

That evening, as the sun began to set, Athena had a few rabbits that she had skinned laid out across a flat, hot stone next to a camp fire, turning them occasionally and making sure they cooked evenly. It was nothing extravagant, but it was certainly more effort than she tended to put into dinners for just herself. Her jackal, Vounó, brought over another log for the fire and she gave her companion a thankful smile. "Thank you, Vounó. Here-" she said before pulling off the smaller of the three rabbits and handing it over to her fairly new friend. "That's for you. Go enjoy it. I'm sure Mercury will be here soon." They had met during her travels, but he had been a great help with her hunts and they had worked out a bit of an agreement between the two of them as they went. The jackal took the meal without hesitation and went off into the near by trees to enjoy his meal.

Anthea glanced up at the sky at the deepening sunset before looking back at the meal that was cooking in front of her as she shifted nervously and hoped that Mercury would actually get to make it out to the falls. She trusted his word so she fully believed that if he could step away from his work he absolutely would, but she also understood that he had an important role to play in The Hallows so he could't just walk away from it all of the time. The sound of the near by falls and the hum of the evening bugs and birds of the forest at least kept it from being silent while she waited and fidgeted with the grass beneath her paws.

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-20-2023, 09:53 PM

He grinned as she walked away. He watched her go for a moment, her familiar blue-tinged form swaying lightly as she moved away from the Hallows borders. Her presence had been unexpected, but not unwelcoming. He shook his head at himself, ignoring Solar’s jeering calls above him, and fell back into an easy lope. He had lots of lost ground to cover before tonight.

-

He made his way back to his room once his pack routine was finished. He fussed with the strap of his new and magnificent blade - he hadn’t had the time to show it to Anthea in their short reunion - and mucked around with his coat a little. He didn’t have a great amount of time, so the stray bits of dirt and general day to day debris were still scattered lightly through his coat. He gave it another shake, and decided it would have to do. “Stay here, Solar” He told his companion, leaving open his door so he could come and go from the room as he pleased while Mercury was gone.

There really was nothing else he could do to prepare, so he should stop delaying. It took him another few moments before he believed his own words, and then he was on his way. Heading out of the Castle, and then the pack lands, and into Cedar Falls. He found where she was staying easily enough - he followed his nose, and the scent of cooking meat - and there she was. He smiled at the sight of her, and trotted into a comfortable talking range. “Good evening, Anthea” He said in way of greeting.

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-20-2023, 11:38 PM
Just as Anthea was beginning to wonder if she would be eating alone, the sound of paw steps moving toward her through the forest brush made her perk up and she lifted her gaze from the cooking meats to see Mercury's dark features emerging from the shadows of the trees. Her mood immediately brightened and she gave him a grin as her tail brushed back and forth across the pine needle littered ground. "Good evening," she said in return with a little chuckle. His formality in the way he spoke always amused and endeared her to him even if it made it slightly more difficult to figure out what he was thinking or feeling at times. It was something distinct to Mercury that was identifiably him. She nodded for him to join her next to the fire as she added, "You're just in time. If the rabbit had stayed on the fire any longer it would have gotten dry." As it was it was perfectly cooked and meat on the outside had a nice color to it–and it smelled delicious if she did say so herself.

Once he was settled beside her she passed him the slightly larger of the two rabbits before taking one for herself. "I hope it's enough. I think there's some berry bushes near by we could gather some desert from if you'd like," she said a bit apologetically. Hunting on her own was something she was still getting used to, though it was easier now with Vounó to help her. She was still pretty limited to small prey, but she hoped that it was a decent meal regardless. As she began to eat while she laid next to Mercury, she occasionally glanced his way, a little smile tugging at her lips as she did so. It was hard to think of what to say, but just having his company again felt really nice. "I did remember a few things while I was traveling," she mentioned just to strike up a bit of conversation. "Some more names and faces, a few memories from trips to the mountains and the beach... I think seeing the different landscapes and terrains helped knock some things loose up there." The day that sent her adrift and the days in-between then and when she wound up here were still murky, but she was beginning to wonder if she'd ever really remember those days. Whatever it was had clearly been traumatic enough that her mind didn't want her to remember.

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-20-2023, 11:47 PM

“I hope I didn’t leave you waiting” He said, as she explained that the food was on the far end of being ready. He looked about the space she had made for herself, and shouldered off his blade. Laying it reverently on a tree stump right beside where they would be eating. It seemed wrong to eat dinner with her while wearing it, but that didn’t mean he liked it being out of his sight. It was, to him, priceless.

He sat beside the fire, where she had indicated, and took a deep sniff of the rabbit. “It smells fantastic” He complimented her. ”It’s plenty” He added in as reassurance when she spoke of hoping it was enough. She was living as a loner right now, it was kind enough for her to spare any of her kill. “I brought some sweets that had been cooked in the castle for dessert” He said, offering her a sly smile. Of course he turned up with something to compliment the meal.

He tore into the meat with enthusiasm. Both because it was good, and because he respected the gesture of her sharing. “It sounds like the journey did you well. Anything you want to go over, while it's fresh in your mind?” He asked her gently.

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-21-2023, 02:33 PM
Anthea perked with surprise when Mercury shared that he had brought some dessert from the castle and she gave him a thankful grin. "Thoughtful as ever I see," she commented with a chuckle. She would have liked to prepare a more substantial dinner to match the sweets that were undoubtedly delicious considering her experiences of things that came from the Hallows' kitchen, but she appreciated his kind words about what she had scrounged up and the fact that he was seemingly still enjoying it regardless.

He opened the floor for her to share anything she wanted from what she remembered while she was away and at first she was hesitant, taking another bite of her rabbit. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk about it all, but the details still felt a bit like a dream instead of something she actually lived through. She almost couldn't trust the memories to be real and not just something her mind made up to fill in the gaps. Still, it had to be better than nothing. "Nikos was the name of the guy that I was supposed to be engaged to," she told him with a little snort of laughter. "My father told me that he was from a family that specialized in fishing and I remember telling him I didn't even like fish." She glanced at Mercury with a sly grin and added, "That's a lie, I just wanted him to feel bad." Giggling, she leaned into Mercury's shoulder for a moment before her face began to flush and she leaned away again, looking down at the food between her paws with a shy smile still lingering on her lips.

She took another bite of her dinner as she considered what else to tell him, but so much of it was more of the same. A few names of acquaintances and cousins, some family events and celebrations that helped stitch together what her life had been like before the volcano erupted. Her ear flicked as she remembered one thing that she had thought of as she walked along the coast of Boreas and looked at the islands that sat off of the coast along the continent. "Was there... islands? Around Illious?" she asked curiously, glancing up at him again. "I had this little flash of a memory... I was on a beach, but it wasn't the same beach that I remember visiting back home and it isn't the beach here in Auster where I washed up. I'm not sure where I was."

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-21-2023, 05:03 PM

Mercury didn’t rush her. He bit into his rabbit, savouring the tender flesh as she thought of what he had said. When she did speak, his words made him laugh - as no doubt they’d intended to. When she leaned into his shoulder, he rested his head lightly against hers for a moment. Careful not to spill any rabbit into her beautiful coat. “Well, there's always other fish in the sea” He said with a straight face.

The topic grew more serious again as she spoke of a memory she was trying to put together. Luckily, it was a topic he knew a great deal about. Having sailed around Illious many times before its destruction. “There were at least three islands big enough to hold some trees, and two that were no more then sand bars dotted in the ocean.” He explained, wondering if he should describe them in more detail to help her figure out where she had been. “You said you fell into the water to escape the wildfire, it stands to reason that one of those small islands would be a sanctuary until you could get further away.” He reasoned.

He drummed a paw in thought, and then put down his rabbit. “I’ve done some thinking about the cedar forest you said you were raised in. It’s difficult to say where on the island that was, considering how little I travelled inland. But if we say the cedar trees broke out at a beach, and there was an island within reach of that I'd say you came from a part of the island around… here.” He said. As he spoke, he had sketched out a basic shape of Illious as seen from a map, now he added in a small island, and pointed at the section he believed might work with what she had described. “Does this shape look familiar?”

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-21-2023, 06:12 PM
Anthea listened closely as Mercury described the number of islands that made up their old home and how some of them were large enough to hold trees while others were just sand bars. It distracted her from her food, but she didn't mind. She nodded with agreement as he suggested that one of these smaller islands might have become a sanctuary when she was pushed out into the ocean to escape the fire, almost as if him saying it out loud started to reconnect some threads and strands of memory. It felt right even if she couldn't fully picture it. She looked down at the ground between them as Mercury began to sketch out a shape that she quickly realized was supposed to be Illious, listening as he named off a new of the distinguishing features that she had mentioned in their conversations to pinpoint where she might have lived and then the small island off of one of the shores.

Her dinner at least momentarily forgotten, she examined the map he had drawn out with a bit of awe. "Yeah... yeah, that seems right," she agreed after a moment, smiling a bit as she glanced over at him with amazement. "I've never seen it drawn out like this before... I've never really thought about the shape of Illious or tried to picture how big it was. You didn't travel inward much, but I only ever traveled inward unless we made a trip to the beach here to play in the ocean or... or meet with the traders." She had been pointing to the same area where he indicated her forests might have been and the beach she remembered and then her paw stopped, covering over the coast line he had drawn out in his rough map. The memories of coming to the beach with her family to make trades with the wolves that landed on their shore with goods to trade flitted through her mind and it suddenly clicked like a fire crackling to life.

"There was a boat..." she mused quietly, her brow pulling together with thought as a frown tugged at her lips and her gaze grew distant. "I was on that little island... I think I was there for a while. I remember being really thirsty and hungry. Then there was suddenly a boat floating by and I flagged them down." She was quiet for a moment, her ears flicking back as she struggled between wanting to push forward and keep following the train of thought, but something about that thought made her heart beat faster and her hackles bristle nervously. Leaning into Mercury once more to remind herself that she wasn't alone and she was with someone she trusted, she kept going, adding, "I... I recognized the boat. It was one of the traders that we used to see from time to time. But... it was the one Dad had told me not to speak with alone and to be wary of... but I didn't know what else to do so I flagged him down anyway."

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-21-2023, 07:03 PM

Mercury offered her a warm smile. “I can’t tell you where mountains and forests were inland, but I can certainly shape the island for you” He said with easy interest. In fact, the two seemed to have the exact polar opposite experience and knowledge of their home. As a captain, he’d drawn out maps of the island multiple times. He’d needed to know what ports he was sailing to next, and where the ocean was deep enough to travel. With the cedar trees, it was an educated guess from memory. It was possible he was on to something, as Anthea seemed to think it looked familiar.

He leaned back and listened as more memories seemed to return to her. He had helped paint a picture, and her memory did the rest. He could all too easily imagine her marooned on a little island, watching the land you knew ravaged by fire and smoke and lava. The island had been just far enough away to keep her from suffocating or burning, but close enough to watch it. He remembered his own plight, watching the volcano erupt, and desperately trying to get his boat close to shore, even as waves caused by the disturbance of the volcano pushed them back again. He’d saved no one.

He found he’d lost his appetite, but he did reach forward and cover one of her smaller paws with his own. But her story didn’t end there, she spoke of nefarious intent as she explained a little about the boat she had flagged down. He felt something rising up in his chest hard and angry and hot. What had happened to her on that boat? But his grip on her paw didn’t reflect his emotion. He kept his hold gentle, and supportive. “I’m sorry, Anthea.” He didn’t know what happened to her after she had hailed the boat, but he knew that every moment leading up to that would have been traumatic.

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-21-2023, 07:44 PM
Her voice had trailed off, the thread of memories straining and fizzling out after the flash of a picture of a boat silhouetted by the glow of the fire from her former home and the haze of the smoke that blew toward her from it. There was a brief glimpse of a set of amber eyes in a dark face that felt far too close for comfort before the feeling of Mercury's paw on hers snapped her out of the memory with a small inhale that could hardly even be called a gasp. She let the breath she had been holding out in a slow sigh as she turned her gaze up to the cool blue gaze of Mercury's, finding a comfort and a grounding there that she desperately needed. She smiled a bit and shook her head at his apology, both to clear it and to deny his sympathy. "Don't be sorry. I need this. You're helping me more than you know." It wasn't pleasant and she was sometimes afraid of what she might find as she continued to unlock the pieces of her missing memories, but she needed to face them one way or another.

She left her paw under his larger paw as she shifted a bit closer, letting her side press into his as she leaned her head into his shoulder and settled into him as she watched the diminishing flames of her camp fire dance in front of them. By now the sun had fully set and night had settled over Auster, casting the rest of the forest around them in deep shadow that was only lit by the crescent moon and the stars in the sky. "I guess I need to let you get back to the castle," she commented without lifting her head from him. "I'm sure you have to be up bright and early." Truly, she didn't want for him to leave and she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts, but she already felt like she was pushing the boundary for what she could ask of from a friend. Reluctantly, Anthea lifted her head from his shoulder and turned her gaze to find his once more with a little smile.

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-22-2023, 12:02 AM

He heard her let out a breath, returning from wherever her memories had led her. He knew searching for her past was no easy thing, but she never seemed to falter. She was brave, Anthea. Choosing to try and return home to Illious was just one instance of her bravery. ”I’m glad I can help” He said softly, feeling as if he hadn’ been there for her as well as he could have. He understood what she had lost, and had not accompanied her back to find it.

As she leaned against him, he found her touch shockingly warm in the cool night. Almost without thought, he leaned a little further into it. Enjoying her touch, and her company. He could stay there forever. Listening to her gentle voice beneath the stars. So it came as something of a surprise to him when she spoke of his need to head back. He blinked, brought out of his daydreams, and furrowed his brow a little. “I guess so. If you wish for me to go” He said. He knew he had given her a lot to think about, and if she wanted to be alone with her thoughts, he couldn’t blame her.

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-22-2023, 12:23 AM
For as long as she had known Mercury, will a few small exceptions, he had been nothing if not dedicated to his work and steadfast in his commitments. It was something that she admired about him, but she already felt as if she had asked enough of him without asking for him to keep her company through the night. It hadn't occurred to her that he would actually want to stay with her instead of getting back to the castle. That was why she was surprised when she lifted her head to bid him a goodnight and he instead seemed disappointed by her invitation to leave. She blinked a couple of times as she processed the turn of events-yet another of many this evening. If you wish for me to go. She nearly blurted out immediately that she didn't, but she bit her tongue as she tried to read his expression. Yes, she saw him as a dear friend, but the flutter of her heart in her chest and the flush that crossed her cheeks every time they touched from the day they met clearly spoke to the underlying feelings that she hadn't let herself really explore. Did he feel the same? Or did he just enjoy her company?

After a beat of thought she lifted her paw to rest it over his, stopping him from leaving as she looked up at him with a little hint of a smile. "Do you want to stay with me tonight?" she asked softly, her green and blue gaze showing her hopefulness that he would say yes. Regardless of how the rest of this evening went, she knew she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts and her memories. She didn't want to trudge down the path of trauma and pain any more tonight. She couldn't bring herself to ask him to stay because of that, but if he wanted to stay on his own accord then she would gladly take that chance.

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-22-2023, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2023, 01:19 AM by Mercury. Edited 1 time in total.)

He started to move, and was stopped by the sudden, if gentle touch of her paw. He looked down at the dark tipped toes and felt his heart flutter. He trailed her leg with his eyes, moving upwards until he found the blue-green of her gaze. "I do" he said, the words soft and quiet. And he meant it, in whatever capacity she wanted him for the night.

It was difficult for him to form attachments now. The fear of losing others was an ever present terror in his heart. But she had sneaked in somewhere with her sea green eyes and shared past. He didn't know exactly what he felt for her, or wanted from her. But he had keenly felt her absence. She was beautiful to him.

"If you want me to" he said, taking the paw that wasn't beneath hers, and placing it over his. Keenly aware of the sudden intensity he felt tingle between them. Or was it just him that felt that?

"Speech"

Anthea

Loner

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shelby

WordySamhain 2022
07-22-2023, 12:51 AM
The way his cool, blue gaze trailed up to meet hers and the soft agreement he gave to her question made her flutter yet again in a way that was quickly becoming familiar. In that moment as their gazes held one another's she felt a shift and an intensity that she hadn't felt before and suddenly she felt so much more certain that it wasn't just her that had been feeling the way she was. Part of her was terrified of falling head first into something that would be so precious to her after having everything ripped away from her so suddenly, but another part was desperate for that connection that could finally chase away the loneliness she had felt for so long and that was the part of her that was screaming louder than anything else.

She didn't respond right away. Instead she tipped her muzzle up, drawing closer to his like a moth to a flame, stopping just shy of making contact with him. She knew this was the tipping point and as she chased the rush she felt from his presence she finally replied just as softly, "I do," as she brushed the side of her muzzle against his. Her eyes closed for a moment as she leaned her cheek into his, nuzzling tenderly and affectionately against his cheek and muzzle. Her breath caught in the most wonderful way at his touch and a smile pulled at her lips as she savored this moment. After a few lingering moments she finally pulled away again, giving him a look that hopefully spoke much louder than words ever could as she got to her paws and began leading him into the cave that sat just behind where they had been relaxing and eating together.

"Anthea Dásos"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
07-22-2023, 01:25 AM

Her sudden closeness was so unexpected he felt his lips part, and a breath escape him. When he breathed in again, it was to her scent surrounding him. Something that was quickly becoming as familiar and comforting as home once had. Despite his inhibitions, he quickly felt himself being drawn to a tipping point.

Slowly, almost wearily, he reached a paw out and placed it behind her. Drawing her that little bit closer to him. Her muzzle was close enough that if he darted out his tongue, he would taste her. He knew how badly he wanted to, so why did he hesitate? Perhaps a part of him was afraid she was pulling on him as a lifeline. He would never, ever, take advantage of Anthea.

But he need not make another move, her muzzle brushed against his. He felt his heart skip a beat, and a warmth flooded his system. His grip on her tightened, a need for her, for the taste of her kiss taking over everything else. He returned her kiss, though his touch was as gentle as the fluttering wings of a butterfly.

And then she was pulling herself from his gasp. He let her go, watching her mournfully, until he realised she was leading him somewhere. To a cave that he had missed on his inspection of her camp. Wordlessly, he followed after her. The heat in his veins growing instead of disbursing, despite the cool night air on his fur.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Coming back around again The God's Garden 05:34 PM, 07-20-2023 05:43 AM, 02-13-2024