gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

WordySamhain 2022
07-20-2023, 09:38 PM
Just as Anthea was beginning to wonder if she would be eating alone, the sound of paw steps moving toward her through the forest brush made her perk up and she lifted her gaze from the cooking meats to see Mercury's dark features emerging from the shadows of the trees. Her mood immediately brightened and she gave him a grin as her tail brushed back and forth across the pine needle littered ground. "Good evening," she said in return with a little chuckle. His formality in the way he spoke always amused and endeared her to him even if it made it slightly more difficult to figure out what he was thinking or feeling at times. It was something distinct to Mercury that was identifiably him. She nodded for him to join her next to the fire as she added, "You're just in time. If the rabbit had stayed on the fire any longer it would have gotten dry." As it was it was perfectly cooked and meat on the outside had a nice color to it–and it smelled delicious if she did say so herself.

Once he was settled beside her she passed him the slightly larger of the two rabbits before taking one for herself. "I hope it's enough. I think there's some berry bushes near by we could gather some desert from if you'd like," she said a bit apologetically. Hunting on her own was something she was still getting used to, though it was easier now with Vounó to help her. She was still pretty limited to small prey, but she hoped that it was a decent meal regardless. As she began to eat while she laid next to Mercury, she occasionally glanced his way, a little smile tugging at her lips as she did so. It was hard to think of what to say, but just having his company again felt really nice. "I did remember a few things while I was traveling," she mentioned just to strike up a bit of conversation. "Some more names and faces, a few memories from trips to the mountains and the beach... I think seeing the different landscapes and terrains helped knock some things loose up there." The day that sent her adrift and the days in-between then and when she wound up here were still murky, but she was beginning to wonder if she'd ever really remember those days. Whatever it was had clearly been traumatic enough that her mind didn't want her to remember.

"Anthea Dásos"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Coming back around again The God's Garden 03:34 PM, 07-20-2023 03:43 AM, 02-13-2024