An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
09-03-2023, 04:15 PM
Sometimes it was the quiet, subtle threats that were the most dangerous. Kiela knew not to underestimate the slight tremors coming from within the earth, even if she didn't necessarily know exactly what they meant. When it came to mother nature it was always best to be cautious at the very least, Kiela had learned that from a young age. Learning that nature was often chaotic and unpredictable was just about the only reason she had of relating to other wolves, who often felt quite foreign to the independent woman.

She too spent a long moment studying the light. It was only growing more visible with each passing moment, the sky slowly but steadily beginning to darken. Regardless it was hard to tell exactly where it was in relation to the mountain itself - things at such a distance simply were a lot harder to discern. "I'm familiar," she mused softly as Sverre explained he'd seen stars that would shoot across the sky at night. The stars were important to her family, since so often in the midst of winter they were the only things that could be used to reliably navigate. "My father used to tell me those stars - shooting stars, I suppose you'd say in this tongue - were proof that the stars were as alive as you and I." A faint smile touched her lips as she thought of him, a fond memory even among the strange happenings around them.

"Though I'm not sure this is the same thing. But maybe." She couldn't say for sure either way, but maybe Sverre was right, that they should go higher to see if they could get a better look. Perhaps it was a dangerous idea if the ground continued to quake, but if they mapped out a way down they could ensure they were being as safe as possible. She nodded agreement to his idea, moving to begin their ascent up the closest slope.

Words: 323
Total: 1327

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Out of reach The Stone Steppe 06:04 PM, 08-30-2023 01:12 PM, 03-08-2024