An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
09-23-2023, 06:31 PM

Sirius explained he hadn't called them to talk about work but to share something that might be difficult to hear. Gossamer's stomach twisted in a knot and she immediately feared that one of their family had died from injuries due to the flood. She had heard of 'secondary drowning' and had feared the possibility that those that had inhaled water could suffer the condition. Gossy trusted the ranked healers to do their best but as she'd already learned, there were some conditions they could do little about. Gossamer steeled herself for the news. Waiting to hear which funeral she'd need to prepare for next.

Her head tilted to the side as her father mentioned that no one could replace their mother. Well, duh, but what did that have to do with- ohhhhhhh. Gossamer just blinked at her father as she tried to process not only the information but the emotions that came with it. She was relieved it wasn't news of death. However, she wasn't quite sure how she felt about her father falling for someone else. Logically she knew it was a possibility. Her mother was dead and she didn't really expect her father to remain alone the rest of his life even if he was aging. She just didn't expect him to find someone so soon.

"I see…I- Honestly I don't know what to say. I mean, as long as you don't expect me to call her 'mom'. I figured you'd probably find someone… eventually, you know." Gossamer fidgeted. She didn't really know Isa that well either so she felt even more at a loss. Did he really love her or was he just trying to fill the void left by their mother's loss? Fuck… what if that's what she was doing with Dagrún? "Dad, when you have time, can I talk to you alone?"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. This is big Dreamer's Col 11:24 PM, 09-14-2023 01:00 PM, 03-24-2024