An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
11-16-2023, 09:40 AM

Delphi was curious, but in a respectful way - even if she hadn't been so thoughtful Kiela would've likely engaged with her anyway. Her views were solid, strong enough that disagreement or disrespect of them wouldn't perturb her. Maybe she'd be less likely to speak on her beliefs, but she had no problem sharing them now with the younger girl. "I have chosen a herd as my own, but they're not like the sheep. They cannot be contained in the same way." Kiela explained thoughtfully

Perhaps for creatures who were larger than wolves, that might be possible? But their instincts were not necessarily to be herded, not in the way sheep and similar animals might be. Even if such a thing were possible, she had a feeling a life of captivity would not bode well for them.
"They roam freely but I watch them when I can, and try to ward off predators needlessly going after their numbers, if I'm able. In the spring I'll likely lead a hunt and pick off one of their older, weaker members that is slowing down the herd, which will help them grow stronger. Taking down one of their young, or stronger members..."

She shook her head. "That would not help them in the same way." Her reverence for the reindeer was not something she had simply happened upon, or been taught. She'd lived and breathed it since the day she was born; it came as naturally as breathing. Explaining something so second-nature to another wolf was difficult, but she was glad to try anyway.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Cast down thunder The Stone Steppe 07:39 PM, 08-23-2023 11:37 PM, 04-06-2024