Its All A Bit Foggy

Ali/Maki

Tsuga

gems
size
build
player
11-30-2023, 05:58 PM

Tsuga figured he must have imagined that first tentative call. Not that he thought she hadn't spoken, obviously, just the bit where this stranger might have been afraid or somehow upset. The young wolf before him seemed anything but, replying to him with wide eyes and wagging tail. The weather was cool, and maybe he was a ghost, and neither of these things were distressing in the slightest.

He couldn't help but smile, or hold in the short laugh that bubbled out. "I was half convinced you were a ghost too, just for a moment." Pausing to take in her mismatched appearance and size, he added on, "You'd make a good one, you know. My Grandfather once told me a story about a spirit that couldn't make up it's mind between light and dark, and how it ended up making that everyone else's problem." He sat down on his haunches, smile growing as he let his mind drift back to memories of a winter den, huddled with his siblings as a storm raged outside.

Whether she might resemble a fabled spirit or not, it was a lucky thing the youngling was full attached to the mortal plane, not least because her death at this point would be untimely and therefore tragic. Tsuga didn't have anything to help him deal with a wandering spirit, no incense or distracting baubles or protective wards. Who knows was sort of angry beastie might attach itself to him, and without a sheltering grove he would be hard pressed to send it on its way.

He snapped out of that train of thought before it got away from him entirely, and realized in the same breath that he was being rude. "I'm Tsuga, by the way, at your service." He dipped his head in a shallow bob, and inwardly grinned that his mother would be proud of his good manners.

"Talk," - "Listen" - Think

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Its All A Bit Foggy The Polar Sound 07:31 PM, 11-28-2023 12:59 PM, 03-08-2024