ardent

...and, if it's not really me? What then?

Gil

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
11-30-2023, 09:38 PM

The voice, whoever this was, felt pleasure at her torment. That Rivin didn’t want her to hurt the ones she cared for. And the fear that the young woman felt, that was rising within her chest, only fueled that demon within her. Rivin’s body stilled, but it felt like every bit of her skin was crawling beneath her fur. Her eyes were widened, her breathing quick and hard. She was scared. Scared of what this beast would do to her packmates if it surfaced. And worst yet, she had no idea how she was supposed to keep it from happening. It almost felt like instead of learning how to keep her from coming out she was only letting the demonic presence within her grow in strength. What if she came out more often? What if… what if she really did target her packmates? Jack? One of Gil’s youngest… Rivin felt tears prick her eyes.

…and then she heard Gilgamesh’s voice. She spun quickly, fur on edge as she looked at him with helplessness and fear in her eyes. She heard that voice within her rumble, and could practically feel her pushing at her mind. She took one step back, then two, lip quivering as she spoke. “Gil…” She was scared. She didn’t want him to get close. Didn’t want that beast within to try and go after him. Rivin shuddered, squeezing her eyes closed as she lowered her head. “S-stay away… please! I don’t… I don’t want her to hurt any of you!” More laughter.

‘He’s not going to stop me, girl. No one will. No one is coming to save you.’ Rivin sank to the sand, moving her paws in front of her antlers. “I can hear her now Gil… she… she… killed… a w-wolf…” She was shaking now. Rivin had never batted an eye at the idea of violence before. But… killing when you didn’t have control of your body? That opened up a whole new layer of issues to work out. She was afraid because she didn’t have control of it. Who this presence inside of her went after. Who she killed. What she did without her consent… so many concerns surfaced. So many questions… and she didn’t have any answers.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. ...and, if it's not really me? What then? Dove Island Archipelago 04:53 PM, 10-22-2023 12:07 PM, 03-07-2024