ardent

...and, if it's not really me? What then?

Gil

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

ScarredCritical Fail!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
10-22-2023, 06:53 PM

Rivin had returned to the Raiders after a few days away, attempting to recover from killing someone else. Only this time… her victim had been… a wolf. Her antler had pierced his throat and, as Rivin broke through, she watched the stranger gurgle his last breaths as he choked on his own blood. For the first time as a fighter she was horrified. She had killed other predators, but this was the first time she had taken the life of her own species. She had been aware of the impact, almost like she was watching from outside of herself. She couldn’t explain it, but she was aware of that out conscious now. And it terrified her.

Now that she was back at the island, she still hesitated to go to the main dens. She sat on the beach, her expression haunted. She had slept, but not very well, haunted by this thing within her. She was afraid. She didn’t know how to approach Gilgamesh about it… especially now. She thought she had it under control. That if she had just kept herself calm enough there wouldn’t be any danger. Her body trembled as she stared at her paws. What if the next time she took a life, it belonged to one of the Raiders? What if…

‘...and if you do? So what? This pack is weak. Sad. The only one who holds promise is your father.’ That voice. For the first time Rivin heard her clearly. It wasn’t just whispers she couldn’t make out. She leapt to her paws, ears pinned against her skull. “They are my family, my friends!” She cried out. Cold laughter was heard within as her heartbeat quickened.

‘Friends? You think because the Raid King encouraged you to work with your pathetic little plants he cares? That trip with… Scald was it? Was anything more than duty? The only one I see who truly cares is that sweet little calico boy… and once I get rid of him–” A snarl ripped from Riven’s throat and her fur bristled. “Don’t you fucking DARE hurt Jack!”

An amused rumble this time. ‘You’re too weak to stop me, sweetheart. It’s time you stop pretending and let a real woman take control.’ This couldn’t be happening. She needed help. How was she supposed to fight something that was inside herself? Rivin shook her head back and forth, but all the woman within did was laugh.

This was when the real fun would begin.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (810)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
11-27-2023, 08:12 PM

The scream could be heard from down the beach. Gil had been minding his own business when the sound caught his attention. One ear flicked as he noticed Urtur begin to bristle. In a single moment, The Raid King was on alert. His head lifting, ears perking up, fur beginning to puff up around his scruff. Whoever was making a racket needed to settle down or answer to him. Concerned that trouble was at paw when another scream let loose, Gil put down what he was working on and took off down the beach. At an easy lope, his paws ate up the sand until he saw the familiar form of Rivin. She appeared... visibly upset, but alone. Was she screaming at herself?

His brow furrows as his pace slows and he approaches the girl. "Rivin," he states simply, but the affliction of his tone is there. The concern of someone who saw the girl as a daughter figure even if she wasn't his by blood. "Something the matter?" Gil continues to assess her, his head tilting lightly as he notices the harrowed expression on her enraged features.

"speech"

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

11-30-2023, 11:38 PM

The voice, whoever this was, felt pleasure at her torment. That Rivin didn’t want her to hurt the ones she cared for. And the fear that the young woman felt, that was rising within her chest, only fueled that demon within her. Rivin’s body stilled, but it felt like every bit of her skin was crawling beneath her fur. Her eyes were widened, her breathing quick and hard. She was scared. Scared of what this beast would do to her packmates if it surfaced. And worst yet, she had no idea how she was supposed to keep it from happening. It almost felt like instead of learning how to keep her from coming out she was only letting the demonic presence within her grow in strength. What if she came out more often? What if… what if she really did target her packmates? Jack? One of Gil’s youngest… Rivin felt tears prick her eyes.

…and then she heard Gilgamesh’s voice. She spun quickly, fur on edge as she looked at him with helplessness and fear in her eyes. She heard that voice within her rumble, and could practically feel her pushing at her mind. She took one step back, then two, lip quivering as she spoke. “Gil…” She was scared. She didn’t want him to get close. Didn’t want that beast within to try and go after him. Rivin shuddered, squeezing her eyes closed as she lowered her head. “S-stay away… please! I don’t… I don’t want her to hurt any of you!” More laughter.

‘He’s not going to stop me, girl. No one will. No one is coming to save you.’ Rivin sank to the sand, moving her paws in front of her antlers. “I can hear her now Gil… she… she… killed… a w-wolf…” She was shaking now. Rivin had never batted an eye at the idea of violence before. But… killing when you didn’t have control of your body? That opened up a whole new layer of issues to work out. She was afraid because she didn’t have control of it. Who this presence inside of her went after. Who she killed. What she did without her consent… so many concerns surfaced. So many questions… and she didn’t have any answers.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin has two companions - a bobcat and a wolverine. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (810)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
01-05-2024, 10:31 AM

Gil is frozen as he watches Rivin dissolve in front of him. The pain in her voice is evident as she collapses to the ground. Stay away? Doesn't want her to hurt them? Who was she talking about? She was Rivin, right? Unless she had the same affliction her father had. Well fuck. That wouldn't be surprising, but also... that was very concerning. Suddenly, there's an issue and Gil isn't sure how to handle it. He's not a healer. He's not a therapist. He doesn't know how to handle feelings and emotions and whatever it was going on in Rivin's mind.

He can't help but growl. How was he to fight an invisible force? His teeth clench together. Ears flattening against his skull. "Rivin, get up," Gil commands, the deep rumble of his voice leaving no space to argue. He's going to combat this the only way he knows how. "I don't care who the fuck is in your head, but you are in charge. Tell her to shut up and ship out. I don't care if you need me to beat you into the ground right here and now, but I will not tolerate one of my pack members going on a killing spree," there is a seething tone to his voice as his lips raise into a snarl. He lowers his head, hunches his shoulders, puffs up his fur as he steps toward the cowering Rivin. Sure, he doesn't want to hurt her, but if this is the only way...

"speech"

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

01-10-2024, 05:28 PM

Sick. Rivin feels sick. Sick with worry that the next time she blacked out, the injuries someone sustained would be one of the Raiders. That she might have the body of one of her comrades at her paws. It has her shaking, her eyes wide and teary. As much as she loved fighting, and drawing blood, the idea of killing someone she cared for was still enough to make her stomach churn. Not the Raiders. That is what makes her feel overwhelmed. Feel weak. She already knows this other thing inside of her has taken over. That she has the desire to kill. That she would hurt those she cares for. How does she fight her? How does she prevent it from happening? Her breath catches in her throat, flinching at Gil’s command to get up. Her limbs shake more violently as she rises. She is overwhelmed, afraid… She is sick. Sick mentally and physically… how could he continue to trust her not to hurt their own? Rivin is afraid he will turn her away from the Raiders… just when she started to feel more at peace with her life and the path she has taken.

She lifts her gaze to Gil, the fear, the uncertainty, all of that raging within her eyes. Another whine leaves her. “I don’t want to hurt anyone here.” She tells him. You won’t have a choice. She growls, squeezing her eyes closed. “I’m not going to let you hurt my packmates!” Her voice, raw with emotion, escalates once more. But laughter sounds within her head once more. ‘You’re not strong enough to stop me, girl. You’d better hope your dear Raid King is.’ Rivin growls again, shaking her head back and forth as if to dislodge the voice in it. Rivin doesn’t even notice Gil approaching in a battle ready manner. She can feel herself slipping… falling…

…and then her form became still. There was no more trembling, no more whimpers. A couple breaths and her head came up, the look of her gaze different. Cold. The femme straightened herself, and even when she spoke, her tone had shifted. Deeper, amused, like a cat that has just cornered a mouse. “It's rather cute you think you can stop me. This is the true path for this weakling. I’ll whip her into shape, less she be culled in the name of Apollyon.” The corners of her mouth twist up into a wicked grin. “Although you’ve made it harder for me, giving her the go ahead to play with those damn plants. Gilgamesh, is it? Taking you down will be the first ste–” Her voice abruptly stops. Her brow furrows and the woman clucks her tongue.

“Hmph. Seems she cares for you all a great deal. She’s still fighting.” A small complication. “No matter. Perhaps when I, Caedes, remove a chunk of your flesh, she’ll be more obedient.” The beast lunges, a snarl given as she dips her head to point those antlers down as she moves head on at Gil with the intent of catching him between them. There is no tactical thought, only brute strength that the femme is relying upon.

--------

Rivin Caedes vs Gilgamesh for maim (Chest Scarring)
Round 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Serrated Dagger
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather leg wraps
Companion 1: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Bobcat, Male - Battle

Mutation 1: Deer Antlers - Offensive
Skills: Advanced Healer & Expert Fighter
Specialty: –

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (810)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-01-2024, 11:16 PM

Rivin's whimpering protests go ignored by Gil. While she may not want to hurt anyone, whoever was in her head had other ideas. This much is clear as soon as Rivin freezes for a moment. It catches him off guard, his own body stiffening as he practically watches the girl transform in front of him. The voice that emits from Rivin next is different. He can only assume it's this "Caedes" that Rivin has spoken about.

Standing there, unamused, Gil listed a brow. His body is shifting into a more dominant stature. Head lifting high, his tail rising to flag over his back, fur still bristled around his crystals, and lips lifted up into a snarl. He would not take threads from someone who hid in the mind of someone else. No words respond to the voice that clearly isn't Rivin. If a fight is what this beast wanted, a fight is what she would receive. Holding his ground, he watches as Rivin, or Caedes?, lunges toward him with her head down and antlers aimed straight for his chest.

Instead of meeting her head on, he dodges to the side. As his paws skid through the sand, he turns to face Rivin perpendicularly. Utilizing his momentum, he lunges back for Rivin and attempts reach out with his fangs and grab ahold of her scruff. If he can, he'll try to pull her closer and wrap his legs around her shoulders.

"speech"

Gilgamesh vs Rivin for Minor Maim (neck scarring)
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Gold chainmail cuirass
Mutation 1: Crystal spines - Defensive
Mutation 2: Tufted deer fangs - Offensive
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Blessed

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

02-01-2024, 11:42 PM

The Raid King doesn’t respond to her, but that was no matter. Caedes aims to hit him hard and fast, seeking to savagely bury the antlers her vessel has into the chest of the man. Inside she can feel the resistance of the girl pushing at their conscience, fighting to regain control in a state where she was both aware of what was going on and yet not the one in control. Caedes certainly didn’t expect the man to so easily side step her attack. She twisted her head, thrusting it back in an attempt to slash him. She wasn’t sure if any of the tines got the man, a snarl ripping from her maw.

She feels teeth grab her neck near the scruff, and Caedes barely braces her body for the weight of the Raid King as he wraps his limbs around her shoulders. She is larger, heavier, if only by a bit, and she seeks to attempt tossing him as she bucks her body. Everything is lurching within her mind, her snarl becoming distorted as Rivin breaks in, her voice frustrated and pained as continues to struggle. Desperately she wants to resist this part of herself. Hurting the Raiders, any of them… they were her family. She couldn’t… she wouldn’t! “F-Fuck… o-ff!” It felt like she was tearing her own mind apart. Fighting herself… was that the real fight occurring right now?

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Rivin Caedes vs Gilgamesh for maim (Chest Scarring)
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Serrated Dagger
Defensive Battle Accessory: Leather leg wraps
Companion 1: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Companion 2: Bobcat, Male - Battle

Mutation 1: Deer Antlers - Offensive
Skills: Advanced Healer & Expert Fighter
Specialty: –

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (810)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-06-2024, 09:06 AM

It didn't matter if the tines of her antlers did catch him. Pain ripping across his chest as she began to flail wildly. He ignored it as his legs grabbed her and pulled her closer to him. Holding on for dear life, Gil refused to let go. Burying his mouth and fangs into her neck, he could taste her blood as it filled his mouth. Not that he wanted to hurt Rivin, but whoever this Caedes was wasn't going to go out quietly either. If he could just hang on long enough for Rivin to fight that inner voice herself... maybe it would help.

As Rivin pushed at him, trying to topple him over, Gil refuses. Digging his rear paws into the sand, he pushes back. Though he is shorter and slimmer of frame, he is just as strong, if not stronger and more experienced. And he would yell, scream in her ear to not give up, but he wouldn't let go. Wouldn't give her a chance to be able to stab him with those antlers. No way, no how. Pushing once more with all of his might, he attempts to topple her over and wrestle her to the ground.

"speech"

Gilgamesh vs Rivin for Minor Maim (neck scarring)
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Gold chainmail cuirass
Mutation 1: Crystal spines - Defensive
Mutation 2: Tufted deer fangs - Offensive
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Blessed

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-11-2024, 07:34 PM

And the winner is...

GILGAMESH

RIVIN must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out. Gilgamesh's maim is successful.

Totals:

RIVIN:
Attack Roll: 38
Defense Roll: 51
Agility Roll: 14
Perception Roll: 58
Total: 161
Attack[38] + 30% Bonus[11.40]: 49.40
Defense[51] + 30% Bonus[15.30]: 66.30
Agility[14] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 14.00
Perception[58] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 58.00
Total[187.70] + 20% Bonus[37.54]: 225.24

GILGAMESH:
Attack Roll: 100
Defense Roll: 94
Agility Roll: 37
Perception Roll: 68
Total: 299
Attack[100] + 30% Bonus[30.00]: 130.00
Defense[94] + 30% Bonus[28.20]: 122.20
Agility[37] + 5% Bonus[1.85]: 38.85
Perception[68] + 30% Bonus[20.40]: 88.40
Total[379.45] + 25% Bonus[94.86]: 474.31

Rivin

Loner

Expert Healer (170)

Master Fighter (260)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Beau-tifullyWritten

02-11-2024, 09:55 PM

Pain… she was bleeding, being pushed again, fighting… Rivin could feel the other part of her mind slipping, pushing back, snarls… as she pushes back into a position of control, the red streaked girl realizes she is on the ground, Gilgamesh standing over top of her. As much as her injuries sting, it looks like Caedes hadn’t managed to get him in the way he got her. She pants, adrenaline running through her as she shakes, realizing that, for once, not only was she aware of what Caedes was doing while she was ‘out’, but able to fight against it. Was it because she so strongly didn’t want to hurt the Raid King? Because of her bond with those in the Raiders… Relief flooded her and she flopped onto the sand. “Thank you…” The words were softly spoken, genuine as she lay there bleeding. It seemed he got a pretty good hold on her neck, but that was alright. It was worth it if she hadn’t hurt anyone. “...and I’m… I’m sorry.” Not that she should have ever attacked him, even if it wasn't really her. But if she was strong enough to push back through… then maybe finding something to keep her on a more even keel would prevent Caedes from coming out all together.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (810)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
02-16-2024, 07:45 AM

As soon as Rivin's body went limp and the pressure removed itself from his body, he's forced to catch himself. Taking a step over the girl who has flopped upon the sand, Gil rights himself and positions himself better so that he's standing near her instead of over top of her. Though he can hear her words, he doesn't respond right away. He pants, catching his breath, going over the motions of what had just happened. Maiming youngsters who he saw as his own children (she wasn't, but Abraxas dammit, it wasn't like Ignis was a great father either) wasn't his forte or pleasure.

"Don't apologize," his voice is gruff, still needing him to clear his throat. "You must learn to control this Caedes of yours or you will do things you'll regret," Gil warns, his chin tilting downward so he can peer at Rivin. She appears apologetic, but he wonders how strong her mental abilities are. Did she truly want to fight off Caedes or would she allow the devil inside to take over one day?

"speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. ...and, if it's not really me? What then? Dove Island Archipelago 06:53 PM, 10-22-2023 02:07 PM, 03-07-2024