size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-16-2024, 11:13 PM

Avacyn sat back and listened intently while Haydée began to describe this boy that she had seemingly fallen head over heels for. As she spoke of this boy's love, smile, and warmth it became increasingly obvious that what Haydée had fallen for and what was impressed upon her as important traits in a mate were likely very different things, but with how infatuated and happy Haydée was it was hard not to be happy for her in return. She was entirely on board with having someone who sounded so tender and giving, knowing that those aspects were just as valuable as strength and wisdom in certain situations. Where things got a little more confusing was when Haydée got to describing his physical appearance, mentioning his soft fur and golden coloring. That she could wrap her head around pretty easily–after all, her own father had a coat that was quite plush and silky and she had seen wolves of all sorts of colorations.

The floppy ears brought her pause though and she tipped her head with confusion, opening her mouth to question it and instead just closed it again. Floppy? Ears? Eventually Haydée came back to earth and explained with a bit of shyness that this boy was something called a "golden retriever". That was certainly a first for her and with how she was raised it was difficult not to question whether or not this golden retriever was a suitable match for continuing a bloodline, but she stopped herself and reminded herself that wasn't always the first priority for everyone. In fact, she was realizing more and more that they were in the minority in that regard. She couldn't help but be happy for her friend, so despite her own concerns she still chuckled and grinned as Haydée described him as the cutest, sweetest boy ever made. "Well, it sounds like you're absolutely smitten with him. I'm very happy for you," she said, her tail wagging gently against the grass.

When Haydée turned the conversation toward her, asking if she had someone who made her heart flutter and tummy flip flop, she smiled a bit wistfully and nodded. "I do... Perhaps not as fancifully as you and your golden boy, but I do have a mate." There was a moment of hesitation before she finally added, "He's my brother, actually... Saracyn." She hated that she had to feel hesitant and careful about who she shared that information with. If she wasn't in the position she was and didn't have to worry about the relations she maintained with other packs she wouldn't be so careful about it, but since she knew it was a controversial and taboo choice to take her brother as her mate she tried to not speak so specifically of him with others that she didn't know well. She had grown comfortable with Haydée though and she felt like it was better that she let her know about it now before they spoke of any alliances. "It's been... difficult, at times, but I've always loved him and he's been my biggest supporter for our entire lives so it felt right to choose him to be my mate."

"Avacyn Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Lets Walk This Road Together Lazuli Falls 08:14 PM, 01-01-2024 10:52 PM, 09-07-2024