gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
01-01-2024, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2024, 10:21 PM by Haydée. Edited 1 time in total.)

The bite of winter can be felt in Auster but the chill cannot dampen Haydée’s spirits. Avacyn, the kind, sweet alpha of Elysium who has helped her and the girl is fast considering a great friend, has come to visit Ethne! In the clearing near the waterfall, she has set up a nice warm fire that crackles merrily under the afternoon sun. While its light is not needed, the heat it offers is a warm welcome and helps to stave off the cold that lingers in the air. Every now and again, a strong gust of wind will whip at them, tugging at the flames and pulling sparks from the crackling wood.

On two plush furs, the women sit, easily conversing and catching up on what they have missed since the last time they saw each other. A huge smile is on her lips as Haydée looks to Avacyn and says, “There has been a lot that has happened since the last we talked. Some good and some not so good but we are surviving and even starting to thrive! Plus…” The girl’s voice trails off as she darts a glance around and leans in toward the purple woman, a conspiratorial smile pulling at her lips as she loudly whispers, “I met a boy that I really, really like and I think he likes me too.”

Giggles fill the air as she leans back, a tiny paw lifting to cover her mouth as her eyes squint in joy. Bay has been one of the best things to happen her and she is excited to share this news with Avacyn. Girl talk between alphas is something that Haydée is new at but she is excited to share the news. Besides, Elysium and Ethne are on a road to be allies! What harm is there is sharing some fun personal news?

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-03-2024, 10:51 PM

The trip down to Auster was always a long one, but once she was here it was always worth it. Passing by Ashen and being able to say hello to not only Venom but Artorias as well as she passed by The Hallows was incentive enough. But now she had even more reason to visit the southern reaches of the known territories with her growing friendship with Ethne's leader Haydée. She had never really been one to keep real friends outside of her siblings, always placing duty and responsibility above relationships, but as she laid here with Haydée to chat and catch up she was starting to see what she had been missing out on. Even though the gap in age between them wasn't a huge one, it was enough that she felt a bit protective and mentor-like over the younger woman and it warmed her to hear how things had improved even though there were obviously still challenges at every turn.

The news she shared about finding a boy that she liked made her grin and giggle along with her fellow alpha, her tail wagging gently behind her at the light, personal development in her life. It really felt more like chatting with an old friend than a business meeting between alphas. It was refreshing. "Oh? Well, tell me all about him," she replied with interest, her white tipped paws crossing over one another in front of her as she looked to Haydée expectantly. Finding a suitable mate–and one you actually liked–was one of the most important parts of her family's teachings and culture so she was of course interested to hear about this boy that Haydée had set her sights on. She felt a bit like an older sister hearing about her little sister's crush.

"Avacyn Mendacium"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

01-15-2024, 10:51 PM

The fire warms the women as they lay near the open flames and Haydée finds herself relaxing in way that she hasn’t been able to since she took on the mantle of Leader. True, she has sisters that she can gossip and fawn with but there is something more freeing about talking with a woman alpha. Maybe, it because the Matriarch understands the extreme pressure that comes with leading pack or perhaps it is because Avacyn has been so kind since they first met. Whatever the reason, Hay has been quick to trust the wonderful, purple woman and she cannot wait to tell her all about Bay.

Eyes sparkle with delight as Avacyn prompts her to share about him and a loud giggle fills the air. Leaning back slight, a dreamy sigh passes Haydée lips as her eyes take suddenly take on a faraway aspect. Voice warm with affection, she slowly begins, “Oh, where do I start. Everything about him speaks of love. He has the best smile in the world and it almost painful when I am not in his presence. I feel warm when he is with me and all I want to do is laugh and enjoy everything around me. He is so handsome and the softest, golden-est fur I have ever seen. Plus! His floppy ears are just so soft and cute!”

Mad giggles fill the air as she pictures Bay and tries to convey every wonderful aspect of him. Suddenly, she blinks and Haydée’s green gaze refocuses on the purple Matriarch. A shy smile curls her lips as she adds, “He says he is something called a ‘golden retriever’ but I think he is sweetest, cutest boy that was ever made.” Love struck, the young woman happily sighs once more, wishing that the boy who she is talking about was right here beside. Canting her head, Hay curiously inquires, “Do you have someone who makes your heart flutter and tummy do flip-flops, Avacyn?”

It is such a wonderful feeling that Haydée wishes for her friend to be able to experience all the things that words cannot even begin to describe. The entire time she talks, the russet young woman’s tail wags across the fur, never once stopping because she simply feels so fulfilled.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

01-17-2024, 01:13 AM

Avacyn sat back and listened intently while Haydée began to describe this boy that she had seemingly fallen head over heels for. As she spoke of this boy's love, smile, and warmth it became increasingly obvious that what Haydée had fallen for and what was impressed upon her as important traits in a mate were likely very different things, but with how infatuated and happy Haydée was it was hard not to be happy for her in return. She was entirely on board with having someone who sounded so tender and giving, knowing that those aspects were just as valuable as strength and wisdom in certain situations. Where things got a little more confusing was when Haydée got to describing his physical appearance, mentioning his soft fur and golden coloring. That she could wrap her head around pretty easily–after all, her own father had a coat that was quite plush and silky and she had seen wolves of all sorts of colorations.

The floppy ears brought her pause though and she tipped her head with confusion, opening her mouth to question it and instead just closed it again. Floppy? Ears? Eventually Haydée came back to earth and explained with a bit of shyness that this boy was something called a "golden retriever". That was certainly a first for her and with how she was raised it was difficult not to question whether or not this golden retriever was a suitable match for continuing a bloodline, but she stopped herself and reminded herself that wasn't always the first priority for everyone. In fact, she was realizing more and more that they were in the minority in that regard. She couldn't help but be happy for her friend, so despite her own concerns she still chuckled and grinned as Haydée described him as the cutest, sweetest boy ever made. "Well, it sounds like you're absolutely smitten with him. I'm very happy for you," she said, her tail wagging gently against the grass.

When Haydée turned the conversation toward her, asking if she had someone who made her heart flutter and tummy flip flop, she smiled a bit wistfully and nodded. "I do... Perhaps not as fancifully as you and your golden boy, but I do have a mate." There was a moment of hesitation before she finally added, "He's my brother, actually... Saracyn." She hated that she had to feel hesitant and careful about who she shared that information with. If she wasn't in the position she was and didn't have to worry about the relations she maintained with other packs she wouldn't be so careful about it, but since she knew it was a controversial and taboo choice to take her brother as her mate she tried to not speak so specifically of him with others that she didn't know well. She had grown comfortable with Haydée though and she felt like it was better that she let her know about it now before they spoke of any alliances. "It's been... difficult, at times, but I've always loved him and he's been my biggest supporter for our entire lives so it felt right to choose him to be my mate."

"Avacyn Mendacium"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

02-12-2024, 12:40 AM

As Haydée spills the beans on her crush, the young Leader cannot help but gush all about the cute Bay. A happy sigh falls from her lips and Avacyn’s words have her bashfully dipping her head to look at a suddenly very interesting rock near her paws. After a few moments, she steers the conversation back to the purple Matriarch by questioning if she has someone in her life that elicits a similar response and the woman gives a wistful smile before answering.

Head cants as Avacyn speaks, the hesitation before admitting that her brother is her mate is more confusing to the younger wolf than the actual revelation that the Matriarch’s sibling is her mate. For Haydée, love is love and as long they both consenting adults, then they are allowed to love whomever they wish. A smile breaks across her face as her tail thumps the ground in happiness for the purple woman until Ava admits it has been tough.

Sorrow knits her brows together and the smile falls away as Haydée quietly asks, “Difficult how?” Truthfully, no had ever told her that siblings should not love each other so the whole taboo of pairing up with a family member is lost on her. Avacyn is her friend and the smaller woman wants to support her in everything that does and, if that means offering comforting words, then Haydée can easily do that.  

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

02-12-2024, 01:37 AM

Avacyn had not met many wolves that felt as genuine and kind as Haydée seemed to be. At the very least she had expected some kind of awkwardness or uncertainty from her friend after she admitted to the relationship she and Saracyn had, but Haydée only seemed to be excited to hear that she had a mate and happy for her happiness. However, when she admitted that it had been tough she saw her fellow alpha's concern for her. She hesitated as Haydée questioned her about how it had been difficult. It was hard enough to admit to the incest that she had willingly given up everything to follow, it was another thing to explain the punishment she had put herself through for blatantly disobeying her family's laws. Still, if there was going to be anyone that she could talk to about it without being ridiculed for it she knew it would be Haydée.

She sighed softly and replied, "My family has a fairly strict set of rules that we're supposed to follow–especially around the type of wolf we should chose as our mate. One of those rules is to never take your sibling as your soul mate. Everything about the laws are designed to make sure that we are producing the strongest, healthiest pups to further our bloodline. There is a very high chance of pregnancies going very wrong between siblings so that is a hard line in our laws... the same laws I'm supposed to be upholding and setting the example for as Matriarch." She gave a little shake of her head and glanced down at the ground between them. "I guess I thought we were exempt from that rule. I thought the Ancients must have changed their minds for us since we were so obviously meant to be... I accidentally became pregnant and was very ill for my entire pregnancy before I eventually lost them."

What had begun as a very light hearted visit had become very somber quite quickly and she hated to bring the mood down so much. It was the reality of a large portion of the past year, however, and if she was going to be honest with Haydée she couldn't just leave out something that had impacted them so heavily. She sighed again and forced a small smile onto her lips as she brought her gaze back to her friend's once again. "It's been... very difficult, to say the least, but we're figuring it out. I've asked someone to be a surrogate for us so hopefully we'll still be able to be parents even if they won't be mine by blood. It's... hard... to know that I'll never have pups of my own, but I'll still love these pups as if they are so... that will have to be good enough."

"Avacyn Mendacium"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

02-26-2024, 05:56 PM

What Haydée lacks in her young and naïve views of the world, the Leader makes up for in empathy. Sadness swirls in her emerald eyes as she patiently listens to all that Avacyn has to say, nodding at certain points and giving a small, sad sigh as the purple woman finishes speaking. Shifting, she inches toward her friend until she can gently lay one of her small paws over one of the woman’s larger ones. Softly and with deep compassion, she offers her sympathy, “I am so sorry for your loss Ava.” The younger leader uses a nickname that she has not cleared with the Matriarch but, in this tender, heartfelt moment, it feels appropriate to use.

Keeping her paw on top of Avacyn’s, Haydée continues to offer her support as she says, “From my experience, a heart wants what it wants; rules be damned. If your soul mate is your brother then there is nothing that your family or the Ancients can say or do to change that. Ava, I am terribly sorry that you had to go through all that pain only to lose your children. But you are strong and, when the time is right, I truly believe your Ancients will grace you and your brother with your own children.” A gentle smile pulls at the younger woman’s lips as she looks into Avacyn’s dark eyes’ her own green ones brimming with boundless confidence.

Incest may be frowned upon in the purple’s woman family but, if it brings them both happiness, Hay doesn’t understand how her family deny it. As for the fact that the Matriarch believes that she cannot have pups, Haydée says, “Don’t give up all hope for having your own pups Avacyn. Right now, with the pain still so fresh, it might seem like an impossible thing. But, in my family, we believe that the Divines work in their own time and I know that you will have them when you are supposed to.” The words are meant to be encouraging and supportive but, to someone who has just lost so much, she doesn’t know if they will help. Gently, she adds, “If you ever need anything, I am here for you.”

And Haydée means that, with all of her heart.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin

Avacyn

Elysium
Matriarch

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

03-03-2024, 09:58 PM

Avacyn didn't notice Haydée shifting closer until she felt her friend's paw on top of her own and she blinked with surprise as she looked up to the compassionate young woman's emerald eyes. She was quiet as she listened to Haydée's words of encouragement and assurances that things would happen when they should. She wasn't sure she could ever follow Haydée's advice to not give up hope on having her own children, but there was still something so heartfelt about her fellow alpha's words that it was hard to not let that hope be infectious. A little smile pulled at her lips as she listened to Haydée speak about her family's own beliefs and her assurances that if she ever needed anything then she would be here for her.

Ava had never really made many friendships and had never really seen the value in them growing up. She had been so laser focused on her studies and her preparations to take her mother's place that the most she had allowed herself in terms of connection and relationships was time with her siblings and–aside from Saracyn–even then she had always felt the need to view it from a lens of helping them or encouraging their development–never really just for the sake of having fun or being close with them. Haydée felt like her first real friend outside of her family and she was quickly realizing how grateful she was for the sweet, kind hearted woman.

She placed a paw over Haydée's as well, giving it a gentle squeeze under her much larger, feline-like paw. "Thank you, Haydée. You have been such a good friend. I can't tell you how thankful I am that we met. And you know the same goes for you–if you ever need anything I am here for you as well." As she let her paw slip away from Haydée's, she realized that one of the things she had come here to do just felt like a silly formality at this point. How could she deny an alliance with a leader that she had shared one of her deepest, most difficult life experiences with? "I hope this means you won't have any issues with me naming Ethne as one of Elysium's allies, will you?" she asked, smiling more genuinely as her white tipped tail wagged gently behind her.

"Avacyn Mendacium"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

03-11-2024, 07:20 PM

Compassion is something that Haydée had been raised with and, while she does not know exactly what Avacyn is feeling or what every personal struggle she has endure throughout her life has felt like but there is still a certain level of understanding that she can offer and it is completely heartfelt. While the purple woman’s paw is giant compared to her own and distinctly feline in its shape, the young woman does not hesitate to touch it because it belongs to her friend. The smile she offers is filled with all the love that a sister has for her older sibling and everything about the much smaller wolf speaks of hope and trust that a bright future awaits her friend.

Life can feel dark and, at times, dishearten even the strongest of wolves but the Haydée hopes that the Matriarch knows that, no matter what comes, Ava will never have to tread her path alone. Tail swishes across the fur as she looks up at Avacyn meeting the older woman’s black gaze with her own bright greens and her smile grows as the purple woman places her other huge paw over Haydée’s tiny one to offer a gentle squeeze. The smile morphs, filling out with all the gentle, happy emotions that she holds as the Matriarch thanks her.

Head dips into an enthusiastic nod as Hay silently confirms that she knows Avacyn will be there for her and the younger Leader feels as if there has been huge shift in their personal relationship. The giant paw slips off her own and Haydée offers one final squeeze before allowing her own to fall back the ground as the Matriarch speaks again. A musical laugh, filled with excitement and bright with joy fills the air as Hay’s tail sweeps across the ground rapidly and she delightedly says, “I will be extremely honored to count Ethne among Elysium’s allies. Our borders will always be open to you and any of your pack!”

This is the first of, hopefully many, alliances that Haydée has made but there is something special about Avacyn’s pack being Ethne’s first official ally and that means that they need to celebrate. Head cocks to the side as the younger woman asks, “Tell me… do you like wine, Ava?” Eyes sparkle with a mischievous light as she thinks about adding some alcohol into the mix so that the pair can properly celebrate the cementing of their pack relations. Plus, they can spend the next hours getting drunk and sharing stories and who knows, maybe Hay will even share some of the sea shanties Bay had taught her!

"Haydée Kedieo"

Art by Moonfin