size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
02-15-2024, 10:13 AM

Usagi lets his family be close to him, and why not? Every person here might as well be of his own flesh and blood; Kuroo, his beloved brother, leans against him in support and he allows him to do so, offering a lean back as well. Fuji is here, as is Akito; he wonders where the rest of his half-siblings (scratch that, they might as well be full) are, but he tried not to dwell on the thought for too long. Those kids are adults now, and some have long left the bamboo for something greater than themselves. Greater than his blood father, anyway.

Hattori makes the most unexpected announcement, explaining the hurt theg’ve experienced due to Raijin’s absence. Something twisted in his gut, some level of hurt. Hurt that his father failed in every aspect of being a decent parent. Hurt at his seemingly careless regard for consequences of being with someone he loved. A complete disregard for all his children. Anger threatens to boil up like a pressure cooker at the mere mention of his father, but he keeps composed, forcing his shoulders to slump down and relax.

And then..Hattori offers them all his surname. He blinks. He..wanted to accept them, wholly, truly, as close kin? He knew they were already related but this..this was entirely a different level. Usagi glanced at everyone present, trying to understand their reactions — would anyone bite? He, for one, considered it an honor. A high honor, born of respect which he had nothing but for his superior.

Dipping his head respectfully, Usagi broke the silence to say, ”Though I do not wish to speak for my siblings, I humbly accept your offer, Hattori. It is a great honor you have bestowed upon us. Thank you.” Not just thank you for this moment — thank you for everything. For his family. For reuniting him with kin. For this home.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

wishing there was something left to lose
this could be the day i die for you—

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I offer you this Bamboo Maze 06:27 AM, 01-27-2024 10:54 AM, 04-10-2024