gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
03-19-2024, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 06:40 PM by Crux. Edited 1 time in total.)
Frankly Crux hadn't expected to find his brother in any state that wasn't a form of moping but he'd admit to being a little surprised watching his brother practically come alive after he explained what had happened to their sister. He turned to the Pangolin as his brother seemed to get himself disentangled from his furs and gave the little guy a few things he could help grab from Crux's den since Riya had already headed off after Kite. Sure it wasn't exactly gonna be a quick job for him but some help was better than none and Crux wanted them to get out as quickly as they could. He looked at Stratum as his brother finally joined the world of the living. He grimaced as Stratum lobbed several questions his way, and the truth was Crux didn't have many good answers, he'd entered survival mode and was moving rather than planning for one of the only times in his life.

Crux took a breath, trying to order his thoughts so he could at least explain things to Stratum. "We saw Dad off and basically as soon as he was out of sight Kite challenged Basilisk for the pack. It's possible it was motivated by a grudge, I don't know. But Basilisk took it too far, I get defending himself but he had Kite's leg in his mouth and he just-" He was getting worked up and stopped to calm himself down a bit. "He snapped it and she bolted." He looked at his brother with a gaze hardened with all the bullshit he'd dealt with in his short life and a determination to never let that shit fly again. "I don't know if it was an accident and I don't care. If he can't control himself enough not to snap someone's bones then we are not safe. Kite's had more than her fair share of limbs broken by wolves who are supposed to be 'family.' Either way he's not safe and I'm not letting anyone hurt me or my siblings anymore if I can help it."

He turned to look around at Stratum's stuff, searching for anything that'd be useful to make sure his brother didn't miss them. "As for Charlie and Andy... I don't know. Charlie decided to defend Bas and Andy's playing the good little peace maker. I'll talk to them later, try to make them understand how we don't get the luxury of giving our nephew the benefit of the doubt. I don't know where we'll go, but for now I'm more concerned about making sure we're both safe and finding Kite so I can set her leg." The look Crux threw at his brother again was one that dared him to push back against what he was suggesting. Charlie and Andy were... Sore spots. He was still kinda pissed at Charlie, even if he was pushing down the guilt he felt for the things his brother had said that had been true, he also had no fucking clue what it was like. To just want to spend time with your brother and instead feel the way his gaze slid to your paws, the way he watched like a hawk. Charlie didn't understand how damn humiliating it was to be babied by his own litter mate when all Crux had wanted was to just be.

"Speech!"

Art & Code © Skelle 2022
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Get up, get out! Dreamer's Col 11:35 PM, 03-18-2024 06:32 PM, 07-29-2024