size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - BisexualTeacherOverachieverDouble MasterStudentSamhain 2022
04-05-2024, 04:12 AM

Andy stands near the carefully tended forge, watching as the wolves enter one by one. To the slate-hued wolf that is first to appear, she offers a warm smile and her brows raise as they speak of forging weapons and armor where they come from. Pale blue eyes sparkle with delight as she says, “Well then, I will need your help. You know how to keep the coal at the correct temperature, right? Would you mind taking charge of them?” The smile that curves her lips is excited and her words are genuine because, while they may hold the rank of slave, all wolves that wish to learn and help the pack will always be welcomed at her lessons.

Next to arrive was the one that she had arranged this special lesson for and she scoffs lightly at his words. Horned head gives a gentle shake as she leans into the shoulder bump and softly says, “Never. I am just hijacking it for one day. After that, it will be all yours again.” Quietly she waits as he inspects her work, brows lifting in the silent question of, ‘How did I do?’. His rumbled reply of readiness and the handing over of the forge for the day has her bowing her head in respect as she softly replies, “I promise to take great care of it.”

The last to arrive is one of her nieces and Andy offers the girl a bright smile as she quickly settles in. With everyone gathered, Andy looks to her brother Stratum and says, “First, before we begin, there is something special that I have brought for you, Stratum.” Standing, she moves to the side of the cave where a fur has been hiding a large box from view. Carefully, she pulls the fur off, depositing it beside the huge trunk so she can lift the lid and step aside. In the chest, lovingly cleaned, polished, and discreetly fitted just for Stratum are all of Ruga’s blacksmithing tools.

Looking to her huge sibling, she softly says, “I know he would have wanted you to have them. May they keep the Armada well-fitted and able to fight for years to come.” A somber tone has settled in the cave as Andy offers up the tools of their late blacksmith but she knows that Stratum will take wonderful care of them. With that done, she quickly moves to where the raw materials that she has prepared are and says, “First things first, for those that do not know me, my name is Andromeda and I will your teacher today.”

A wink is tossed at the group as she pulls out three different sections of steel and lifts the heavy items up to lay across the anvil so that all the wolves can inspect them while she talks, “Folding steel helps to remove impurities that may have settled into the steel during the smelting process and greatly strengthens weapons. To forge a strong blade, the blacksmith needs to choose three different types of steel to start with. I have already done this part for us. This one,” paw points to the first of the metals, “is a low carbon iron. It has already been folded several times and this will make up the core of our blade.”

Paw then moves to indicate the other two as she says, “This one is a high-carbon steel while this one is a higher-carbon cast-iron. We will slowly be folding the three metals together today over a period of time. First, let’s get these heating up.” With that, Andy takes the ends of each one that has been wrapped in thick swathes of leather and moves them to fire, where she buries them one by one into the coals. Huffing, she looks to Stratum and says, “You’ll be doing the hammering part brother, so you might want to get out that hammer and get it ready.”

Amusement sparkles in her eyes as she then looks to Wynter and says, “Come over here, I want you to watch us from right here, okay? Don’t get too close or the sparks might try to bite you.” Directing the girl to a safer space to view the process that will take place soon, Andy then asks the group, “Are there any questions I can answer for you guys?” Keeping her ears perked, the lavender girl moves to the slowly heating up pieces of steel and rotates them as she listens for any questions that they might have.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Forged In Fire: Armada Edition Dreamer's Col 06:12 PM, 11-05-2023 06:32 PM, 07-29-2024
2. Forged In Fire: Armada Edition IC Archives 06:32 PM, 07-29-2024 10:19 AM, 04-02-2024
3. Forged In Fire: Armada Edition Dreamer's Col 10:19 AM, 04-02-2024 03:08 PM, 03-31-2024