gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Joe
04-19-2024, 02:51 PM
Wylan was quiet for a moment, and in that brief time it almost coaxed Marina into looking up to see what he was doing. Almost. She saw the giant wolf leaning down, trying to look her in the eyes. Was this another test? Marina kept her chin tipped down, her gaze vacant as she stared into the abyss of space between them, just waiting for this to be over. Wylan apologized, admitting his naivety to the medicinal arts. Great... she had a med school student tending to her. Did this pack not have any actual healers in it? Gods, was that why Basilisk had paid such a pretty penny for her? Marina's brooding was interrupted by Wylan's offer of... a hug? That got her attention on the double. Brow furrowed, eyes narrowing with suspicion as she finally peered up at the wolf's face, looking at him like he was some sort of freak that had asked her something obscene. His wings extended—seriously, how the hell did wolves even get wings?!—and Marina recoiled a little in reflex. What the hell was he...?

"No... thank you. I'm fine," Marina mumbled out, still not sure how to take this bizarre creature that was treating her. Fortunately, he didn't seem too offended, if at all, as he proceeded with his work. So he hadn't been testing her... not this time at least. He offered her a paste of honey mixed with herbs, and Marina eyed the mixture warily. Carefully smearing a bit of the paste onto one digit, she sampled a small amount of the mixture, testing which herbs in contained to see if he was trying to drug or poison her. She tasted the familiar florals of meadowsweet, and the grassy notes of boneset, but nothing else. Either he was a master of deception and had actually hidden a powerful tasteless sedative in the mix or he really was a naive boy with good intentions. Either way, the aching in her dislocated leg flared up around her hip, causing her to grit her teeth and wince. Like it or not, the medicine was going down the hatch.

Marina took the medicine and swallowed it down, hoping it would take effect soon. Wylan asked what hurt the worst and Marina gestured with a tip of her snout down to her back right leg. "My leg is dislocated. I can't set it by myself." Unfortunately, she would need to rely on someone else's paws if she didn't want to spend the rest of her life limping along. And those paws just so happened to be the inexperienced ones of a boy around her age. Gods, just take her already and end this nightmare...!

"Marina"

As her master, Basilisk may enter her threads unannounced.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Settling in Dreamer's Col 01:01 AM, 04-10-2024 02:58 PM, 05-15-2024