gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Joe
04-27-2024, 12:46 AM
While she begrudgingly did as she was instructed to by the novice healer, Marina quietly reflected on every major moment that had led her to where she was now. How unlucky could one wolf get to wind up enslaved by pirates and sold off to sociopaths? How far away was her home now? She could scarcely remember how she had gotten here... How would she ever get back? While they waited for the medicine to kick in, Wylan examined her injured leg, Marina paying him no mind—until he made a passing comment about the slipshod job the slavers had done to set it and asked if her pack was abusing her. Marina's lilac eyes snapped over to Wylan, lightning flashing in those furious pools. Did he really think Basilisk had saved her?! That he'd rescued her and brought her back to the Armada for her own good?! Wylan had done nothing but make innocent assumptions, but his words had been the straw to break the camel's back, and now he was about to be on the receiving end of righteous fury.

"No, my pack did not abuse me. They were my life, my family, my everything. And I was stolen away from them and sold off to your high-strung upstart of an alpha because he wanted someone pretty to play doctor in his miserable pack at the ass end of nowhere. And now I'm never going to see them again. I'm never going to see my mother or my father or my sisters because your giant mutant freak of a leader likes to dabble in the flesh trade like the monster he is." Marina's words were spat out with the venom of someone so deeply and fundamentally wronged by life and by fate. They weren't specifically for Wylan, but the poor boy had made the fatal mistake of being the one nearby when her patience finally ran out.

Marina's chest was heaving by the time her tirade had concluded, the effort it took to lash out and vent her anger and pain exhausting her. When the painkillers finally did kick in, she was much too tired to try to resist Wylan anyway. She slumped back onto the bed, turning her head away from the lad to stare at the far wall. He warned her that he was about to reset her leg and apply a splint, but she didn't even acknowledge him. "Do what you have to..." she muttered and closed her eyes. Maybe if she was lucky, the shock would finally kill her.

"Marina"

As her master, Basilisk may enter her threads unannounced.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Settling in Dreamer's Col 01:01 AM, 04-10-2024 02:58 PM, 05-15-2024