size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
05-05-2024, 07:34 AM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jiro was quick to join, mentioning that he'd hunted takin before. "Oh? Well, I'm all ears!" Jynn joked, wiggling her large ears. "But seriously, if you've got an idea how to go about this feel free to share. I haven't hunted these before but right now I assume it will be similar to most large prey." Though she could assume the process was similar to other large prey and when in doubt, chase and catch the slowest was a reliable method. At least these beasts didn't seem like they'd clump up like bison or musk ox.

Jynn danced about as little Asahi appeared, trying to tag her feet. Her tail wagged as she gazed down at the quiet girl. She hadn't heard the pup make any noise and wasn't sure if the girl was just that quiet or if there was something physical that made it difficult to speak. "Asahi, glad you can join us." This was shaping up to be a proper hunting party.

Last to join was Kaizen and she nodded a greeting to the boy. "Good to see you Kaizen, I think we have our hunting party together now. Follow me, the herd is on the edge of the maze." She turned and slipped back onto the myriad of paths, winding her way through while checking on the pups. Soon they arrived where the takin were grazing.

Jynn spoke softly. "Sometimes a weakness in the herd is obvious. Other times you need to chase and test. We'll get as close as we can then trigger the herd to run. Generally the weaker and more vulnerable ones will fall behind. Then the goal is to trip it up and get it on the ground where the kill can be made."

With the rough plan in place she slinked forward through the grasses that surrounded the maze. When she got as close as she dared she glanced about to make sure the pups were ready. With a great snarl she leapt forward at the takin. They immediately startled, thundering hooves hitting the ground as they raced away from her. Jynn kept up behind, eyes searching the weakness. It was then she noticed an older cow that seemed to be breathing heavy. She barked out a call to alert the pups as she neared the rear of the cow, snapping and biting.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Takin' Da Talk Bamboo Maze 08:36 AM, 04-30-2024 09:34 PM, 07-03-2024