size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-14-2024, 02:27 PM

Ember’s response was so heated and brazen that it took Artorias by surprise. He hadn’t expected his daughter to take the news so hostilely. He hadn’t exactly expected blind compliance to what he said, but never before had Ember been so staunchly opposed to something he had said or done. The fire burning in her blue eyes was reminiscent of a much younger Artorias, and in that moment the Lord of Cinder felt like he was looking in a mirror to the past. He saw himself in his daughter—fiery and passionate in her resolve and ideals. He also saw that same recklessness that had put his own life in jeopardy more times than he could recount. He hadn’t had someone in his life to help him temper that righteous aggression when he was her age, but she had him to guide her and keep her in line and he was going to have to put on his stern father face now.

Artorias held his daughter’s furious gaze with his own unyielding stare, electricity passing between their eyes as neither backed down from their positions. Ember claimed that this was exactly the type of situation that the Hallows existed for, but oh, how she had so much to learn. "And what would you have me do, Ember? Lead our knights across the world on a crusade to cut down every foe we found? Do you realize how many of our own wolves that would risk? Not to mention leaving our home defenseless." Artorias breathed a slow sigh and softened his gaze a little, hoping he was getting through to his child. "I understand your drive to do good, Ember, but it cannot come at the expense of our family or our pack. You’re right, I cannot bear to think what this Syndicate might be capable of… but I cannot bear to think of the pain losing any of our loved ones more." The idea of any of his wolves dying—his wife, his children, his siblings—the notion was far too painful for his heart to bear.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Virtues are not conditional Amron's Castle 03:38 PM, 03-22-2024 04:52 PM, 07-18-2024