gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

05-31-2024, 09:42 PM

Mariah's half-lidded eyes snapped open at the sound of her father's voice, a smile creeping across her muzzle. Her heart warmed at the carefree tone he tried to put forth, although she could sense the slight tremor of worry underlying his words. She had often been too consumed with her own pursuits to notice it before, but now she realized how much she had missed her dad. “Don’t be silly, Daddy, come in.” she called out, her voice echoing softly against the stone walls of her den. She scrambled to her paws and glided to the entrance, her tail wagging like a banner behind her. Seeing her father's silhouette against the dim glow of the natural lighting, she nuzzled him affectionately. It was the first time in a long time she had really gotten to see him, and his dire stature made it easy to remember the nostalgia of her childhood. Even as her own frame was far weaker and gaunt in comparison, there was a brightened glint to her gaze that hadn’t really been there before she left. An affectionate grin that said she was happy to be home.

As she moved back to allow him inside, her attention drifted back to the cozy little space, admiring it for a moment longer before speaking. "Well, it isn’t much. But I’m happy with it.” She professed, returning her attention to her father. Though after a split second of looking him over, she noticed the piece that he carried with him. Tilting her head a bit to try and get a better look- she quickly found his obsidian gaze, looking for an answer. “What is that?” She asked lightly, a brightened grin spreading across her features as she waited for him to explain himself.

"Mariah Mendacium"