gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

06-24-2024, 11:49 AM

The warmth of her mother's embrace enveloped Mariah, radiating from within and without. The fire crackling in the corner added to the comforting ambiance, its orange and yellow flames casting flickering shadows across the room. It was a strange sensation - at once familiar and foreign. She was not the same girl who had left this den all those months ago, and yet, she found herself slipping back into the old patterns and rhythms as though no time had passed. The smell of fresh berries, the crackle of the fire, the sound of Manea's soft, familiar voice - it all felt like stepping into a beloved memory. "I've missed this too," Mariah finally admitted with a wistful smile, pulling back from the embrace to finally take in her surroundings once more.

The familiar scent of her mother's brew, a mixture of herbs and spices, filled Mariah's nostrils with a comforting aroma. She watched with anticipation as the warm liquid was carefully poured into her cup, steam rising up and tickling her nose. Settling onto a soft fur rug, she took in the cozy den with all of its trinkets and memories displayed on every shelf and wall. The flickering fire cast dancing shadows across the room, adding to the peaceful atmosphere. "I can only imagine how much effort it takes to manage Dad," Mariah chuckled lightly in amusement, taking a sip of the delicious brew.

A spark of excitement flickered in Mariah's eyes. A souvenir. That was a creative way to put it. She couldn’t help but laugh in response. Of course, she would already know about Caedes. "I suppose you could say that," she replied, her voice tinged with amusement. “My time away was absolutely wonderful. We spent the most time with Valta, but after Kotori was challenged, we went and stayed at the Hallows." She paused to take a delicate sip of her fragrant tea. “I had the opportunity to train with some very talented healers- it was a very productive trip. Definitely a fulfilling experience.” She finished with a playful smirk, letting the silence linger for a few more moments. "And yes, out of the different healers I trained with, I took a particular liking to Caedes."

"Mariah Mendacium"