An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
06-11-2024, 12:12 AM

Sometimes it dawned on her just how fast time had flown. She had heard about the man that Mariah had brought home and that was staying with them from time to time and it made her realize that her littlest babies were now grown and old enough to begin branching into families of their own. It made her feel very proud and very old at the same time. She felt like it was every parent's dream to see their children grow and flourish into their own individuals, but at the same time it made her very aware of the passage of time and just how many years it had been since she first met Alastor and began this journey with him.

She had yet to have a chance to really spend much more than a passing moment with Mariah since she returned and the man she had brought home with her had already caused quite a stir if what she had overheard from Avacyn was correct. It had her incredibly curious so as soon as she was able to get a little time one on one with her youngest daughter she happily took it so that she could get the full story for herself. She invited Mariah to her and Alastor's den that afternoon and while she waited for Mariah to arrive she prepared a little lunch for the two of them. Berries, thinly sliced meats, a rustic, flat bread, and some tea that she had learned to brew from Ikigai. She expected Mariah to arrive any moment now so she started getting everything arranged on a platter for them and pulled the tea away from the fire to let it cool a bit.

"Manea Mendacium"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

06-13-2024, 01:22 PM

Mariah's black coat shimmered under the dappled sunlight as she padded towards Manea and Alastor's den. The scent of brewing tea and fresh berries reached her before she even got close, stirring memories of simpler times - of mornings spent in the safety and warmth of their presence. She took a moment to compose herself, shaking off unnecessary thoughts and worries like water droplets from her back.

From the entrance of the den, she could see Manea's silhouette against the warm glow of the fire. Despite the circumstances, an involuntary smile tugged at Mariah's lips as she spotted her mother fussing over the platter of food. Approaching the entrance, Mariah hesitated a moment before crossing the threshold- stepping into the warm embrace of the den. There was an odd comfort in this simple maternal tableau--Manea arranging food on a platter, the warm glow of firelight painting the space with a homely ambiance. It was a scene right out of her childhood and offered an odd sense of normalcy amidst

“It smells wonderful, Momma,” She began on a light tone, her voice soft and steady as she announced her presence with an affectionate grin.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Manea

Elysium
Advisor

Expert Fighter (204)

Master Hunter (260)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Ooh La LaPride - Bisexual
06-23-2024, 09:45 PM

Manea was just pulling out a couple of cups and adding a bit of wood to the fire when her daughter's voice pulled her attention away from her work. She looked up and over her shoulder to Mariah, a wide smile pulling easily across her features. "I'm glad you think so," she replied with a chuckle, turning toward her daughter and stepping closer to pull her into a embrace. It felt like Mariah had gone off on her own when she was still so young and even though it really wasn't all that long in the grand scheme of things it still seemed like she had come back a grown woman. Seeing her youngest babies all grown up admittedly did make her wistful and nostalgic for the days when they were little.

"I'm so glad you came. I've missed spending time with you... with all of you, really," she admitted as she stepped back to give Mariah another smile. Being an empty nester was not something she had really aspired to other than the slight benefit of having all the freedom in the world to enjoy her retirement years with Alastor. Still, she'd much rather give that up if it meant having a den full of pups again. You, Malico, and Fia being gone, Avacyn and Saracyn always so busy with the pack... It makes for one lonely mother, let me tell you," she added with clear humor to her voice as she went about finishing the last preparations on their lunch and pouring them each a cup of tea. She settled on a fur that had been spread out near the fire and gestured for Mariah to do the same, blowing gently across the surface of her drink to help cool it down further. "How was your time away, darling? I heard you found quite the souvenir!"

"Mendacium Family"

Mariah

Elysium
Physician

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Healer (265)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

06-24-2024, 11:49 AM

The warmth of her mother's embrace enveloped Mariah, radiating from within and without. The fire crackling in the corner added to the comforting ambiance, its orange and yellow flames casting flickering shadows across the room. It was a strange sensation - at once familiar and foreign. She was not the same girl who had left this den all those months ago, and yet, she found herself slipping back into the old patterns and rhythms as though no time had passed. The smell of fresh berries, the crackle of the fire, the sound of Manea's soft, familiar voice - it all felt like stepping into a beloved memory. "I've missed this too," Mariah finally admitted with a wistful smile, pulling back from the embrace to finally take in her surroundings once more.

The familiar scent of her mother's brew, a mixture of herbs and spices, filled Mariah's nostrils with a comforting aroma. She watched with anticipation as the warm liquid was carefully poured into her cup, steam rising up and tickling her nose. Settling onto a soft fur rug, she took in the cozy den with all of its trinkets and memories displayed on every shelf and wall. The flickering fire cast dancing shadows across the room, adding to the peaceful atmosphere. "I can only imagine how much effort it takes to manage Dad," Mariah chuckled lightly in amusement, taking a sip of the delicious brew.

A spark of excitement flickered in Mariah's eyes. A souvenir. That was a creative way to put it. She couldn’t help but laugh in response. Of course, she would already know about Caedes. "I suppose you could say that," she replied, her voice tinged with amusement. “My time away was absolutely wonderful. We spent the most time with Valta, but after Kotori was challenged, we went and stayed at the Hallows." She paused to take a delicate sip of her fragrant tea. “I had the opportunity to train with some very talented healers- it was a very productive trip. Definitely a fulfilling experience.” She finished with a playful smirk, letting the silence linger for a few more moments. "And yes, out of the different healers I trained with, I took a particular liking to Caedes."

"Mariah Mendacium"