gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Vasilia
07-06-2024, 04:53 PM
She didn’t know what she had expected, but there had been the barest glimmer of hope when he had still called her his wife after the fight that maybe they would be able to find some common ground after all. Maybe he had felt as suffocated as she had by the weight of expectation and tradition. What a fucking idiot she had been. Her lip curled into a silent snarl but she knew better than to allow a growl to escape. She was capable of fighting, but it didn’t mean she would stand a chance against him. His words bit deep, and she quickly stood, pacing several steps away. She no longer wanted his warmth. “You’d have to dig him up first.” She snapped, her voice sharp with barely restrained grief.

She was shocked by what she heard, even though it was the exact sentiment she’d been faced with her whole life. Sylenei had never been able to wrap her head around the ignorance of others. By the time he was finished, the emotion had washed from her face once more. “I know well enough the dangerous implications of the knowledge I shared, I was under the impression that you wanted to know your wife beyond the mask I must wear. I will not make such mistakes in the future.” He didn’t want to know her or her story, he only wanted to know what obstacles stood between him and what he wanted.

He wanted to know what had attacked her, but why he bothered asked was a mystery to her. Perhaps he just wanted to fill the evening air with the sound of his own voice, or maybe he was looking for her to give him more information that he could use against her. “Soldiers. I do not know which side they belonged to.” She hadn’t lingered long enough to get a good look, and had done everything in her power to wipe as many details of that day from her memory.

"Speech."