size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
07-07-2024, 09:41 AM
Watching her father's reaction to Quill's news, Talyssa felt her heart squeeze in her chest. She knew Chimera as well from her own interactions with him. But knew her father had his own friendship with Quill’s father as well. The thought of any life fading away was hard to accept. It just hurt that much more when it was someone who was close to them.

But of course, she would beam at her father's praise, her heart swelling in response. She was thrilled to have been able to make such an impact, proud of what she had achieved thus far, and being able to share her accomplishments with her family made the experience all the more fulfilling. "Thank you, Tati," she responded, reaching for a nuzzle, her steel-blue eyes glowing with affection. “I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.” Talyssa's gaze shifted to the expansive sky above them. The Starlit Plains were truly living up to their name tonight, the celestial bodies shimmering brightly against the inky backdrop of the sky.

Talyssa listened as her father described the myriad changes that had taken place during her absence. A sense of pride welled within her as she learned of Bramble's promotion to Envoy, and Ember assuming the role of Head Scholar. A warm feeling of love and tenderness surged in her chest, causing a soft smile to spread across her face. However, the news of Audra’s and Laeta’s passing cast a shadow over her joy. While she wasn’t particularly close to either of them, she mourned their loss no less. The news of her father's struggles, hidden though they were behind a veil of stoicism, hit her hard. She could hear the strain in his voice, see the tiredness in his eyes. Despite the distance and time that had separated them, Talyssa knew her father well. It was clear to her that he was shouldering burdens he didn't wish to share. Though they did become more clear as he went on.

Talyssa listened to her father's words, the gravity of the situation making her heart sink. She nodded solemnly, understanding the importance of staying away from the Syndicate and any Saxe wolves during her travels. The vivid image of Sephiran Saxe, tainted with malice, flashed in her mind. She recalled the chilling encounters she'd had with him when she was much younger. “That’s awful.” She answer in regards to the method of how the Syndicate took control of a pack. How a family lost their own for his power hungry greed. “I’m fortunate enough I don’t think we’ve encountered anyone from the Syndicate thus far- none that have identified themselves to me as such, but we will certainly proceed with caution.” She assured her father, before casting a glance at Quill. She couldn’t help but wonder if he had encountered any of these Syndicate wolves while he was on his own.

Talyssa's eyes lit up at the mention of her mother; the prospect of surprising her had a hint of mischief that she found delightful. As she followed her father’s gesture, she found Briar very close by- entertaining a guest she didn’t recognize. "I think that's a wonderful idea, Tati," she responded, her gaze softening as she looked at him. She then turned to Quill, her grey eyes staring into his dichromatic ones, imparting a silent message. A tender smile flashed across her face as she briefly nuzzled his cheek with her own before parting from him.

“Do either of you want anything as I return?” She inquired gently, offering to get something from the refreshments table if either Quill or her father wanted something.

-Exit Talyssa unless stopped-
"Talyssa Carpathius"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Trial by Fire The Starlit Plains 12:02 AM, 06-15-2024 09:40 PM, 09-02-2024