size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-19-2024, 07:09 PM
at first, Spider can barely hear Strai’s voice, as panicked as they are. their eyes dart frantically over the territory, trying to pinpoint the best means of departure. but Strai’s voice calms them, cementing a much needed practicality. Spider feels the urgency drain from them, even as the urgency vibrates through their bones. “what if they’re sick?” they protest, though it’s half-hearted. they know Strai’s right; they need more information. besides, if they go rushing back to the Armada, they’ll only be another body to protect from the blight.

turning to Doomsday, Spider says, “go back to the Armada and find out what you can from the air. but keep your distance; don’t risk getting infected.” the raven gives an affirmative squawk and takes to the sky, disappearing shortly afterward. Spider watches them go, trying to keep their panic under control. overcome with emotion, they lower their head and stare tearfully at their feet. they’d told Ignita they never wanted them to see again. perhaps, in a twisted, sickening irony, they’d get that wish.

“if they die, i’ll never forgive myself,” they rasp to Strai. they stare down at Ig’s earring, wrought with a mix of anger and despair. how dare she? even through all this, she’s thinking of them. “i was so cruel to her, Strai,” they tell their friend. they wrap the blanket further around their shoulders, trying to shrink into themselves. “i didn’t know i could be that cruel. and…i know it’s stupid, but i can’t help but feel at fault.” obviously they couldn’t have caused the Blight, but it’d happened right after they’d left. they’d abandoned them to this and sequestered themselves safely away, intentionally or not.

"Araneae Fatalis"
1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.