An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
08-10-2024, 10:10 PM

His eyes scanned the beach, then the watery horizon as Ellara rummaged through the slaver's supplies. He grabbed a thick rope that was coiled by his feet, slung it over his head, and walked a leg through it. so it crossed his chest. He glanced up at the Castle. Ellara had the smell of the Hearthstone to her. Eltrys had many interactions with a few different members of the Hallows. Was Ellara one of them now? Fair enough, he had offered the invitation of joining Polaris but he had also been forthcoming of their recent shortcomings. Glad she had found a safe place to lay her head.

Eltrys perked his ear to her soft gratitude. Giving her a slow soft blink and a subtle nod in return. It was a matter of course for him. He knew the evils of this world were wide and plenty, he didn't need to be one of them. He looked up to the cliffs of his home, his heart heavy.

He pulled down the tattered canvas sail from the rigging and rolled it up into the rope slung over his chest. He looked up to Ellara preparing to leave and bringing his attention back to her.

Another expression of gratitude, "Of course Ellara! I've had a few run-ins with them myself and my packmates." He took another look at the horizon and beach, scouting for any more trouble before they let the craft. His attention was drawn to the soft rosen woman a third time and he tilted his head to her.

Ah... yes he was rather reticent, wasn't he? "Oh... I... Yes... I can." Suddenly his ribs a cage for butterflies and birds fluttering their wings against his wide but constricting chest. He stepped forward for her to lean on him and slowly helped guide her off the beach. As they walked he didn't know where to start, he never did. He still wasn't used to sharing anything of himself.

"On the mainland... Before I came here I was... trained as a priest. My brother was king and we were meant to..." Ahh... no... The news he had of his brother was not good and he had tried his best to set that aside since hearing it. "Well... My uncle was the high priest and I was meant to take his place..." This was harder than it had been with Haydee. When he told Haydee his past she had been digging the grave for her nephew, and he was able to sit next to her and keep her company. She had insisted on digging it alone. Honestly, it wasn't easy to tell her either.

"Honestly... I'm a pampered spoiled religious highborn, who survived an assassination, was cast down, and discarded by other pampered spoiled religious highborns. I was a pacifist priest, then a castaway, then a pacifist hunter. I found a home here, it and... its people... were threatened. Now I am the Guardian." He stared ahead, the path slow. He didn't meet her gaze, his own heartbreak clear through his determination.

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION