size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Sinchanted

Critical Fail!
08-12-2024, 07:49 PM

Ellara felt a warmth spread through her as Eltrys smiled at her words, the gratitude clear in his eyes. His brief hesitation, as if silently asking if she truly meant it, only deepened her admiration for him! She nodded encouragingly, matching his pace despite her bad leg, as they continued their journey up the path to Hearthstone Castle.

His deep, hearty laugh in response to her playful question about his favorite food and hidden talents was a welcomed sound, lightening the weight that had been hanging over them both. Ellara couldn't help but smile, feeling a bit of her own tension ease at his laugh. She had been nervous, unsure if her attempt to shift the conversation to something lighter would be welcomed, but his laughter reassured her that he was at least amused.

However, as Eltrys responded, her heart sank just a little. His words, though kind and filled with warmth, were a gentle rejection. He spoke of having his eyes set on another, a bittersweet reminder that not every connection would lead to where she might hope. But she masked her disappointment with a smile, not wanting to dampen the moment.

"Ah, caribou from the coldest northern reaches," she echoed, her voice carrying a bit of her broken spirit but also a hint of playful curiosity. "I've heard it's a delicacy. A very nice choice. Maybe one day I will get to partake, if I'm ever that far North."

As they reached the border of the castle, Ellara felt a mix of emotions. She had opened herself up again like she had with Melisande, been bold in her approach, and she wasn't quite sure why she would do that again.. so soon.

"Thank you for sharing that with me, Eltrys," she said, her tone sincere. "I appreciate your honesty, and I'm grateful for your friendship. I hope you understand just how much your guidance and protection has meant to me, despite that I am no Polaris wolf." As they crossed the safety of Hearthstone, Ellara looked up at the castle, her mind swirling with thoughts and emotions. She had been rejected, yes, but she also had gained an even deeper understanding of Eltrys and that only strengthened her admiration for him and whoever his beloved was. In the end, that was something worth cherishing as well.

She gave him a small smile and a brief dip of her head as they parted ways, making her way up the stairs of what was now her home.

"Ellara"

Ellara has two Barred Owls, Halia and Eos, that can be assumed to be with her at all times.