size
Large species
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Rapid Poster - BronzeCritical Observation!1KOverachieverSamhain 2022
08-12-2024, 11:13 PM

Her mother did not return the affection, and only when she pulled back and looked down at her smaller mother did she see the look in her eyes. Yes, something was definitely wrong. And she'd wait quietly for her mother to speak. She had a bit of a suspicion what it might be about, and sure enough, it was about the pack. She remained quiet though, nodding as she waited for her mother to continue. But it seemed to be much more than that. She brought up Gilgamesh and the feud between Ethne and Raiders Hollow. How Haydee had agreed to a friendly sort of raid, but had neglected to inform the rest of the pack so that they were all aware of it. How her own anger had taken over during it, the revenge raid that Haydee had led, how Ethne was the bad guy in the situation. How she felt like she had failed Haydee in teaching her the leadership she needed. That Ethne would crumble if they continued to blame them. And lastly, the news that she would be leaving the pack.

It was a lot to take in, and all she could do was sit in silence as she sifted through the load of information that had just been said. It took her a good bit as she sorted through it all, her gaze turning to look outside as she considered all that had been said. But why was it her responsibility now? Was it because she was the pack leader? She hadn't started any of it, and she hadn't meant to harm Gil as much as she had. She was simply protecting her own. Wasn't that what she was supposed to do?

Sighing, she looked back at her mother. "If you want to leave, I won't stop you, mother. You'll always have a place here, of course. Should the pack still exist by then. But...as for everything else...I didn't really plan on seeking them out. I wasn't the one that made the deal, and I wasn't the one that trespassed to force an apology and I wasn't the one that tried to attack my sister while her back was turned. I didn't mean to hurt him as bad as it was, but I'm supposed to protect my family, no? Or just let them get attacked with their back turned? Turn a blind eye to it?" She shook her head. It was impossible for her to do that. "I certainly wasn't the one that made the decision to go and shed more blood...I was just following orders, isn't that what a pack does?" Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't Sure, she hadn't known all the details at the time, but now she did. More or less. But why did it have to be her mess to clean up? She was sure that her mother might have tried. Maybe Haydee did too. And even Corbie tried to assist, but the young bear felt that no matter what, the relationship between Polaris and Raiders Hollow wouldn't change.

"Have we not tried to remedy this more than once? And each time they refused? Whether or not we are in the wrong, from what I'm aware, they have refused apologies and only want blood in return. Why would the pack want them as an ally if they wish to live on grudges? There are many packs out there, I'm sure we can make allies with the rest of them." She slid down onto her belly, trying to keep things in order in her mind, but there was so much to think about, and she wasn't so sure this was something she even wanted to fix. She knew little about the coalition that she was talking about, either. Why did it matter that those Raider wolves weren't a part of it?

"Speak"