size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Bird

WordyOoh La LaRapid Poster - Silver
08-17-2024, 07:57 AM
Atreyu nodded as the woman spoke, agreeing with the darkly pelted woman. There had been too many toothy grins in that pack for her father to have ever trusted the lot of them. Atreyu could see it, but because they were a neighboring pack, Vicktor had not listened. He wished for peace with everyone, and Atreyu now knew that it was not always possible to achieve such a thing. She had learned from her father's mistake, and it was a lesson that would haunt her for a lifetime. With her ears turned slightly back, Atreyu decided that she could tell the stranger the rest of her harrowing tale.

"Things went smoothly at first, and for a while it seemed as though my father had made friends with the leader of a neighboring pack. They struck not long after arriving at the birthday party..." Atreyu swallowed hard as she remembered that first confusing screech of pain. When had the signal been given by the demonic king? Then another scream, and another. Soon she was surrounded by them, too shocked to move. "There were so many screams, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, seeing. They didn't care that they were slaughtering children, women, the elderly...They didn't care who it was...We could only fight for so long before we were forced to flee or die. So I ran, trying to keep what remained of my family together, trying to keep anyone with me really. Alas, I have lost in that as well. I have been searching for them for almost a year now." Her eyes were once again far away as she told her tale. Tears streaming down her cheeks as she choked out the words.

Holographic silver-to-lavender then came to land on Valkeyrie, sad and full of pain, but there was a steely sort of hope in that metallic gaze. Perhaps there was something she could do here. "I seek to rebuild as soon as I find them." It was a simple statement, but she would have her time, even if it was early. "Perhaps, if I do, you could seek me out?" It may have been a first meeting, but Valkeyrie did not seem like the type to be concealing a darker nature. There were no signs of such a thing in her eyes, nor body language. Atreyu had been watching her closely just as Valkeyrie had been watching her. Always wary now, Atreyu had to be, she never knew if the demon king's forces were still hunting for them or not.

"Talk." || Think || 'Hear.'
code by bird, art by alo

Atreyu can be rated M for mature, not always, but expect it to pop up.
Her companion, Bigs, is assumed to be with her unless otherwise mentioned.
As her betrothed, Azriel is allowed in any of her threads, regardless of tag or label.