gems
size
Large species
build
Balanced
player
Nyx
08-21-2024, 12:05 PM
Deciding that this other creature was likely not a threat, Cygnus moved closer to the water to drink. As he lowered his head, his tufted ears gave a little flick, and he let his gaze fall off the strangers to focus on gulping down a hearty bit of water while he could. He doubted he'd stay in this land for long, and he wasn't sure how long until he found lands more fertile. With his luck, he'd spend days wandering through the desert - best drink while he could and keep his body hydrated.

"Just wanted to see the world. Heard a lot of stories from my parents about how big and grand it was. Figured I'd either prove 'em wrong or have the adventure of a lifetime." Already he'd seen more than he expected - like this little oasis, hidden behind such a vast stretch of sand dunes. He wasn't at all worried about being disappointed. Wherever life took him, he was ready to go.

Gem explained she was born not far from here. "I take it there's a pack nearby, then? Anything I ought to keep an eye out for?" He'd fish for information where he could, not quite sure how cautious he ought to be around other canines. This girl seemed nice enough, but the last thing he wanted to do was find out he'd crossed some pack's borders and end up dinner for one of these nearby groups.

That was, if anyone even lived nearby... who would pick such a place as a home though? It was hard to imagine finding dens amongst these big sand dunes, though Gem had explained she was born in caves not far from here. He'd seen no real good signs of prey though, but maybe he just didn't know quite where to look. The trees overhead swayed as another breeze coasted past, their long fronds swaying and casting a series of strange-moving shadows on the ground, where the moon cast its light down.

"You think you'll ever go far from home? Or does your type like to stay where they're born?" He let out a little snort of amusement, recognizing he was being awfully inquisitive - but he was admittedly as hungry for knowledge as he was for anything else. "Ain't had too much experience with wolves, I'm afraid. Hence all the questions."

table coding by bunni ♥