An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
09-07-2024, 11:37 PM

Speech // thought

The mantle seemed to physically lift from the girl's shoulders. He gently smiled at her reassurance and requests. Her confidence will come with age, this would be a mere setback on her road to believing in herself.

"You will remain in my inner circle. Who best to advise me on her family and the inner workings of your previous efforts than yourself? You did try, and leadership can be a mountain nigh impossible to carry. I have no doubt you did your best. I'm grateful you are allowing me the opportunity to carry this before you overstretched yourself."

He paused for a moment to mull over what his next steps would be. What *their* next steps should be.

"I will meet with Haydee first. I have not seen Bae for some time and I fear he was taken by slavers as well as Lucette and Alex. I will take a few days to gather my thoughts and prepare for the meeting. Then I will call it. Until then, it won't be a secret. If any come to you from this point on looking for leadership you may simply refer them to me as the Chief now and I will handle those affairs. You may clean your paws from it and take a few days of rest." He had been speaking to the creek but then he smoothly turned to her and looked at her earnestly, "I mean it Saga. You have earned a rest. You did try your best and now it is my turn." He gently bumped his nose to her elbow with a supportive smile. His tone never wavering from its natural firmness.

"Our character is often revealed at our highs and lows... Be humble at the mountaintops, be steadfast in the valleys. Be faithful in between." - marcandangel.