gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Xarae
09-24-2024, 07:06 PM

Lore continued to madly scrabble for purchase, her breathing growing louder and louder. Blood flecked her lips from where she'd bitten her tongue. Just when she reached a truly frenzied scramble, she felt herself being plucked right out and up into the air as if by Abraxas herself. The young girl continued to twist wildly in the unknown assailant's grasp until her senses returned to her and she realized it was just her mother. Immediately she went slack. It was as if she had melted in Thalia's jaws. "S-sorry, mother," she stammered, wrinkling her nose at the taste of blood in her mouth. Lore reached for the ground with the tips of her toes, trying to find purchase on solid soil again even as she was suspended in Thalia's grip. Mother was always more... unyielding than Mommy. Less prone to giving in. Tough. Lore's ears saddled pitifully, looking every bit as remorseful as she felt. "I'll watch my back - and my front - and my sides - all directions, really," she babbled. Anxiety flickered in her chest like a lit flame. Mother was right. You never knew what was coming next.

speech