gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
09-29-2024, 12:52 PM

Finch heard Jay speak, but it was as if it was coming from underwater and many miles away. She turned to her sister, jaw slack and eyes dull. "I just... I wanted to see where..." she gestured lamely to the orchard surrounding them in full bloom. In any other circumstance, she'd be happy to see the landscape thriving in the blush of late spring rolling on into stately summer. But now it was just one more reminder that a season had passed, and Twig wasn't here to see it. "I don't know how to be... without her," she said softly, her heart still hammering hard in her chest.

It was a struggle to get her breathing under control. Finch saw the edges of her vision grow a bit darker and she grew light-headed. Stumbling slightly, she planted herself into a sudden sitting position and shook her head madly to try and bring herself back to reality. All it did was make the tears biting at the corners of her eyes begin to fall in earnest. Finally, like the child she felt like, Finch mewled: "It's not fair!" and let the tears come as they may.