gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf
09-30-2024, 08:59 PM

Noor certainly regretted eating that quickly, as the longer she stood there (one paw still firmly in the ground) the more her stomach seemed to rebel against her. Ungrateful asshole...  Or maybe it was reacting to the slurry of emotions she was fighting with. Fable wasn't letting the issue sit, instead pushing her to answer and Noor felt frustration well up in her. Aimed at herself but unfortunately expressed a bit more outwardly as she screwed her eyes shut before snapping. "What do you want Fable?" She regretted it before the words even left her mouth but frustration was the mood she was riding now. "Do you want me to say I'd have sought you out immediately, that I was chasing down my lady love across continents? Or would you rather I have steered clear, walk away with the knowledge of where you were and never give you the option to choose what you wanted? Would it have been easier if I'd just drowned out there?" That one snapped her back, and as soon as the words left her lips Noor seemed to register what she'd said and flinched away and dropped her head. "Shit..."

Noor took a breath, and when she spoke again finally meeting Fable's gaze, her voice was soft. "You're not the only one they were going to kill." A truth of sorts, they had been intending to kill her yes but the reasons weren't exactly the same. "If I'd known you were here I'd never have let myself potentially lead them here, lead them to you. I'd have let them catch me and let that knowledge die with me."

But would she? It felt right to say that right now, and felt true enough but if recent events had taught her anything it was that her survival instinct was stronger than she'd ever imagined... Stronger than even her sense of duty or justice who was to say it wouldn't also prove stronger than the feelings she had for Fable.

"Speech"
Art by Ulfeid3
[Image: VXKJzun.gif]