gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Asena
10-10-2024, 05:28 PM

She had tried to conceal the fire that still smoldered beyond all the beatings and attempts to smother it. She might of succeeded, but she wasn't sure. Only his words would tell her the truth of how much he could glimpse into her. She squeezed her shoulder at the thought of what if she hadn't concealed her will to kill well enough?

His next words were not questions. She didn't need to answer. But she knew exactly what she expected. His words were true. He had thrown her into a wolves den of possible beatings and hatred for something out of her own control. His wife could very well throw the blame on her and accuse her of seducing him, a lie she wouldn't be able to dispute with her station. She'd been on the receiving end of that before. She didn't look forward to it again. So yes she had been shocked and already in a way harmed here in the Armada as he called it, but she had no rights so it wouldn't matter.

His offer had her brow furrowing though. Why offer such things to a mere slave? She wasn't worth the effort. Besides who even knew where the sleeze ball that called himself her father had gone. He wasn't worth more than a sliver of her hatred. There were others she hated more but her father had been the root of everything. Her brow smoothed by force before she offered him anything. "My lord, while your offer is..... kind, would those recourses not be wasted upon a mere slave such as myself? The gesture is appreciated though I assure you.... His life in my paws would not change the past nor my future....." A future he held in his paws.

"Speech"