ardent

---> I'm NOT with stupid (vaguely points to hanako)

Makara

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (50)

Expert Navigator (125)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Xarae

Samhain 2022
10-20-2024, 06:02 PM

Something in her finally seemed to settle when he said Azure and Hana had left. Now that she knew that with certainty, she breathed a little easier. It felt foolish to be an adult and still afraid of your father, but the man had been a dark shadow on her entire childhood. He had seemed to exist only to tear her down. Azure simply walking away from all of this - the glory, the weight of leadership that he could press down on those beneath him, that feeling of superiority - it didn't seem possible. But if Basilisk said so, it must be true. The way he did not deign to call them mother and father told her enough about how he felt.

"I loved the woods when we first arrived here, it must have been difficult to make that choice. But now..." she stared around at the bustling market, the mountain standing tall like a fortress all around them. "This is incredible. It's beautiful. I haven't seen such prosperity since I made my way back to Boreas. Packs, yes, but nothing like this." Granted, she hadn't explored Auster much yet. She knew once upon a time that the Hallows ruled a castle there, but she didn't know if it still stood.

Her heart hitched. A wife. Children. She was an aunt. Suddenly, the time that had passed between them felt like an eternity. Makara felt like she had such little to show for it. She had knowledge, memories and experiences, unforgettable archaeological digs... but no legacy. No love. Hardly any company at all in the intervening years. There were times when she had taken to talking to herself when she was trapped underground. Now, the soft chatter of the market echoed all around them. If she stayed here, she would never be alone again. "I... I don't know what to say. I can't believe Azure would leave all of this, but he could be volatile and unpredictable at the best of times. All I can say is, I am so glad you were the one to greet me. And to know that Levi is here, and that you - that you - " she stammered again and Makara had to flip her spiked goggles up as her eyes were watering too much to be comfortable, "that you have children and a wife... and I've been gone all of this time - " Her tears spilled over, hot and uncomfortable. Makara still felt like Azure was waiting around the corner to beat her for crying. "I don't want to miss anything else. I... I would stay, if you'll have me, but I don't know how to be part of something any longer. I'm not as skilled as I should be, I-I'm awkward, I have trouble staying in one place for too long... but I want to stay," Makara finished and stepped back, looking up at him and hoping for the one thing she had never received from her family: unconditional acceptance.

Speech

╔══════════════╗

╚══════════════╝