An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
01-20-2016, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2016, 04:18 PM by Ashmedai.)
Ashmedai's ears flicked back at the girl scolding him. Who did she think she was anyway? He hated the way she said his name. He hated the way she spoke. He hated the way she made good points. His mind turning, Ashmedai was about to come back with just about any argument he could think of. He was halted by that stupid voice. It stung his ears and made his eyes prick with hot tears.

Rhythm.

She shushed them, her tone harsh, "Sorry!" he replied before thinking. Quickly, as if correcting himself, Ashmedai shot her a sharp look, "Whatever. You got your little family. Enjoy it before some other woman comes and steals your place." He muttered under his breath, turning and kicking off. He was not going to deal with this any more.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Sparrow's face burned hot. She stared Ashmedai down. His confidence seemed to be faltering. She waited for him to admit defeat. She wanted him to apologize. Her face held a hard expression, her body stiff. She hadn't noticed her hackles rising along the lower part of her back, not her nose wrinkling. When her aunt called out though, her body loosened to a submissive pose, "Sorry!" she called out softly, licking her lips nervously. Ashmedai muttered something under his breath and Sparrow's face flushed as she shot him a hard look. He turned though and began to leave, his eyes filling in his last glance. Sparrow had no idea what was wrong with that boy. Turning to her aunt, Sparrow felt the need to explain, "I'm so sorry aunt Rhythm... I- I don't know why he's being like that, or why anyone would be like that..." she stated sadly, "He must be some kind of hurt to be that angry at pups... Herbs can't heal that kind of hurt." The girl looked at the ground for a moment. He was mad a Rhythm, but he had been all kinds of nice earlier...

"I don't think he's a bad guy, but I don't think he can heal himself, neither can these herbs, but..." she trailed off, her eyes following the direction the other went, "... maybe words can. I still have permission to be here for a bit. I'll catch up with you before I leave okay?" She went to kiss her aunt on the cheek, "And don't worry about it too much, I don't think he knows what he's saying." Sparrow concluded, giving a small smile. She didn't believe anyone could just hate pups and, no matter how infuriating they may be, Sparrow was sure she could get down to the bottom of it. Turning, Sparrow moved to follow the boy and figure out what was happening.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualValentines 2020VolcanoCritical Hit!
Trick 2019
01-20-2016, 04:54 PM
At a later time and a little further into The Orchard, but still in this thread because it's super old.

The tall boy stalked further into the orchard. His whole body felt hot and a little shaky. His eyes and throat stung. Ashemdai couldn't shake off that feeling. He had been used to actually help Rhythm. How could he have been so naive? He was angry those pups existed and angry he had helped them and Rhythm. He didn't think his dad could love him as much as he loved Rhythm's pups. Why would he? Ashmedai wasn't good at anything really, and he wasn't the heir and he wasn't the tallest or anything cool. His dad actually LIKED Rhythm. Those pups probably weren't even an ACCIDENT! He couldn't compete with INTENTIONAL PUPS!

The sun was beginning to set, covering the orchard in a glowy orange. Ashmedai sighed to himself, beginning to feel calmer. He probably shouldn't have gotten so angry, but that Sparrow had been so insistent and loving and everyone was just going to dote on those pups and- ugh it annoyed him! Ashemdai sighed- or huffed- again. Shaking his pelt, the boy settled down on his haunches to watch the sunset in peace.
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Sparrow had hesitated in following the boy. Her steps were heavy and slow. What could she say to him? How could she make it make sense that these pups were going to be great? How could she make it clear that he was still special and that she was sure his family still loved him? Her mind spun with these questions. The sun was beginning to set and Sparrow finally decided to make her approach. She could easily spot the taller boy, illuminated by the golden sun. Sparrow tried to soften her features as she approached, "You know... the thing about younger siblings is that you can help train them, but you don't have to be their parent. When they annoy you, you can go away for a bit, you know?" she started. She was trying to think of how to explain that these pups could fit into his current life. Sparrow came up behind Ashmedai nervously as she spoke, unsure of what his reaction would be.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-20-2016, 05:42 PM
He hadn't noticed the footsteps approaching. The warm winds shifted the boy's fur and blew Sparrow's scent away from him. When she spoke, Ashmedai stood, spinning around to face her. Great. It was that Sparrow girl from earlier. Ashmedai felt his face scrunching, "Oh don't you just have all the answers. Didn't I already make myself clear? I don't want to train them. I don't want to even see them, okay?" His brows lowered and Ashmedai turned slightly, looking at Sparrow from a side glance, "You wouldn't understand- obviously- so why are you even here? Your aunt has babies, isn't that why you're here? So go see them. I don't need your help." Ashmedai let out a huff and tsked his tongue, finally tearing his eyes away from the smaller girl, "Leave me alone."
Ash wears a tourist shirt and a spiked leather harness from time to time. Sometimes together, sometimes not. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Well this was off to a good start. Ashmedai snapped back sarcastically. He asked her why she was here and what she wanted. She did want to see her cousins, but she couldn't just let their family feel this way. Maybe she was meddling. Maybe it was because she always wanted to make a big happy family. Maybe it was the healer in her. Sparrow didn't know, but she wanted to solve this. He told her to leave him alone and he turned away from her. Sparrow bristled. Oooh, he made her so mad! The fluffy girl kicked off aiming to come around to face him, "Ashmedai, listen here! I'm going to convince you to love your half siblings no matter what, okay?" Her eyes were set level, her fluff at its fullest capacity. Her brows furrowed, "You need to listen to me and get out of your head a little, alright? You're the one who doesn't understand! You have to think about this- not as Ashmedai for once. It's hard, okay, yeah, but that's a part of growing up, got it?" the girl was nearly yelling at this point, her breathing heavy. He had to listen to her.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-20-2016, 05:56 PM
The small girl was surprisingly fast. In a moment, she had rounded about in front of him. Her fur bounced with her effort, her stance taking on that of a very poor fighter. They were spaced way too far out and her head was too low as she looked up at him, her minty green eyes glimmering with the yellow glint of the sun. She was so determined and so tiny. Without thinking, Ashmedai quirked an eyebrow at this display. She was being so loud, "You really love them, don't you? You just met them and you love them?" Ashmedai looked away, "I'm not that soft, which is good because I don't want to love them." Sparrow spilled on about thinking outside his own head. His expression fell flat, "You know that's impossible." he stated, "You're not an adult, what do you even know about growing up?" Ashmedai shifted his weight, "Look, Rhythm isn't around, so tell her you talked to me and whatever. You don't have to defend her. It's cool- she's your aunt, I get it, but just because you're obsessed with your family doesn't mean I have to be, okay? Accepting others' differences is part of growing up-" Ashemdai paused, his eyes narrowing. He was done, "Got it?"

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Sparrow could not believe this boy. He started out by confirming that she loved the pups, "OF COURSE!" she shouted before thinking. She didn't have to think, she knew she loved them. The boy then went on to say she didn't have to defend Rhythm, "I'm not defending her!" UGH! Ashmedai told her that accepting differences was part of growing up, using her own words against her. He was kind of right, but that was not the point here. How could he be so accepting, "Ashmedai! How can you be so-" Sparrow stepped forward, her breath filling her lungs as her eyes closed,

"STUUUUUUBBOOOOOORRN?!"

There, she said it. Sparrow opened her eyes, her breath huffing, defeated. She didn't know what else to say. That was it. She couldn't do anything.

A light?

A light caught Sparrow's eye. It drifted in the sky lazily. Mint eyes followed it. It cam closer and closer until softly, it landed on her nose. Cross-eyed, Sparrow stared at it, then slowly refocused her eyes to look at the other. In a hushed voice she called out to him, "Shh Ash- shh, look."

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-20-2016, 08:15 PM
She was so small and so loud. He could crush her. No, he couldn't fight a visitor. He totally could beat her. She didn't even know how to fight. He could fight her. Ashmedai's eyebrow twitched as she took a step forward, taking a breath. When she yelled at him, her voice long and high and drawn out, his ear folded. He was a little stunned. He had never been yelled at by someone shorter than him. Didn't she know danger? He didn't actually know what to do anymore, though. He just blinked at her. When she opened her eyes, even she seemed stunned. Then, she wasn't looking at him at all! Ashmedai followed her gaze to the lightning bug that drifted. So what? Ash's gaze fell flatly back to Sparrow who seemed awe-struck by the bug.

Then it landed on her nose. She looked so silly, all fluff-furred and cross-eyes. Ashemdai was determined to keep serious, but then she called to him. Her voice was soft. How could she forget she had just yelled at him, "What." he replied. She shushed him and told him to look. The bug sat on her nose and flickered. Ashmedai should have walked away. He should have left her. There was something about the small bug landing on her tiny snout, tipped in white, then suddenly browns all highlighted into a honey color by the setting sun. He wanted to be mad. He should have walked away.

The bug flickered, then took off. Ashmedai's gaze followed it, then he surged forward, snapping his jaw around it. IT WAS BITTER. Ashmedai stuck out his tongue. Somehow he felt like some other poor wolf had definitely done this before, but why did it also have to happen to him. Watery-eyed, Ashmedai looked towards Sparrow, his tongue hanging out, completely in shock.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-20-2016, 08:28 PM
Sparrow looked at Ashmedai as he looked at the bug. His answer was flat. He was pouting, but he wasn't yelling anymore. She wasn't yelling anymore either. Ashmedai looked at the bug, but Sparrow looked at Ashmedai. His fur lit up with the sunset, true, but the wisps of his fur shone almost a blue. His freckles turned two toned, one being a blinding white while the other was a hot orange. His icy eyes were warmed by the sun, the depth of their color being illuminated.

The bug. It was gone. Sparrow's eyes searched for the lost bug, but she couldn't find it before Ashmedai moved forward. Sparrow squealed, ducking out of the way. She looked towards him as he spun around, his eyes watering and and his tongue out. It took Sparrow a minute to realize what was going on. He... ate the lightning bug? His... Sparrow's eyes widened. His tongue was glowing! Sparrow's maw fell open, "Ashmedai... your tongue... it's glowing."

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-21-2016, 05:06 PM
"Ashmedai... your tongue... it's glowing."

Ashmedai paused, his face twisting this way and that to see what she meant. Ducking his head down quickly, Ashmedai caught a glimpse. His tongue was, in fact, glowing. Blue eyes widened. His head ducked, then darted up, then ducked again, "Ith thowink!?" Ith thlowink!" His icy eyes open wide, which was getting easier now that the sky was starting to grey and the brightness of the sunset starting to dull. There was another, then another. Ashmedai smiled, his eyes darting to Sparrow as she launched at another bug. He clamped his maw over it, trying to ignore the bitter flavor. He did it again, then again, turning to Sparrow, "How about now?" he asked, sticking his tongue out once more.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-21-2016, 05:20 PM
As the world around then began to become dark, the warm breeze now felt complimented by the increasing light from the small fireflies. They danced around. It was beautiful.

Ashemdai's head moved around as he tried to see his own tongue. Sparrow found herself snickering. He was really surprised. Immediately he turned mischievous and snapped down on several more bugs. Sparrow was surprised. Wasn't he just saying how bitter they were? Could someone really be so impulsive? Her eyebrows raised as he jumped around. Finally, he turned to her, sticking out his tongue, which glowed unnaturally. The small girl began laughing. Her voice was light and gentle. She couldn't figure this boy out. He stood there all goofy looking. He had eaten several bugs at this point, but more and more seemed to fly out. There had to be at least a hundred- no- a thousand!

Sparrow looked around in awe. She had never seen so many, "Ashmedai, Ashmedai, look!" she called. The fireflies flew around so close, like they weren't even scared of being eaten. It looked like the stars had fallen from the skies and decided to dance around the orchard. Sparrow looked at Ashmedai, "There's so many!"

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Sparrow began laughing. the noise surprised Ashmedai, his ears pricking. Was he really funny? He just thought the glowing tongue was cool. After a second, his own laughter began to ring out, caught somewhere between a cackle and a boisterous chuckle as his tongue flopped around. Slowly, the two quieted down, and Sparrow began to look at all the bugs. There really were a lot. Ashemdai could see how they were pretty, but his mind kept wandering to if he could gather enough to roll in and make his fur glow.

Sparrow called to him again, pointing out that there were a ton. Ashmedai took a brief look around, but then looked back to the small girl. Her head was tilted slightly towards the sky, her maw slightly open. The bugs drifted lazily. One landed on Sparrow's shoulder. Now was his chance! Would they make her fur glow? Ash kicked off wordlessly, aiming to crush the bug on Sparrow's should with his nose.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Staring at the bugs, Sparrow found herself lost in their embrace. They were calming and gentle creatures, blinking softl-

"OOF!"

Suddenly she was rolling to her side, trying to make sense of how she lost her footing. She didn't ear Ashmedai cry out, so surely she wasn't being attacked. Unless it was an ambush? No, the alpha wouldn't let Rhythm's niece come here to be ambushed! Finally stopping, Sparrow found herself on her back, a pressure weighing her down. When her eyes opened, she saw a large silhouette, emphasized by the multitude of glowing bugs behind it. As her eyes focused, she found Ashmedai above her, his body pressed firmly against hers, "A-ahshmed-dai?!"

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Ashmedai forgot how small and light Sparrow was and used way too much force. Instead of squishing the bog, he plowed over Sparrow, sending them rolling on the ground. When they finally stopped, Ashmedai just laid there for a moment, breathing heavily.

"A-ahshmed-dai?!"

Ash's eyes opened. Below him was...

"SPARROW?!"

He shouldn't have been so surprised, being the one who tackled her, but somehow he did not expect her to be beneath him. He laid there, his maw hanging open. Suddenly he was too aware of his body... and hers. He could feel her warmth beneath her, running under his chest and along his stomach. All the blood rushed to his face and Ashmedai stammered, trying to make an apology, yet being unable to form any words. Quickly, Ashmedai shifted his weight, hoping to fling himself off the smaller girl.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-26-2016, 10:59 AM
When Ashmedai realized what happened, his face was priceless. He was so confused and bewildered by the sudden turn of events. His breath hitched- how did Sparrow know his breathing hitched? With a sudden realization, Sparrow's face flushed. This was way too intimate. She could feel his breathing, his warmth. Ashemdai's scent surrounded her. As nervous as she suddenly felt, Ashmedai's stammering brought a laugh to her lips. As he shifted, Sparrow threw her forelimbs around his neck and followed his momentum until she was on top, "Got a little nervous Ashmedai? Scared of a girl?" she giggled, her eyes scrunching closed, "What you never had a girlfriend?" she teased. Not like she had ever had a boyfriend, but still, Ashmedai's reaction was so strong it was hard not to make fun of.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Sparrow somehow followed his movement and Ashmedai found himself now under the girl. He could still feel her body heat. His eyes avoided looking at her. She teased him, laughing, asking if he had never had a girlfriend, "No, so what? Who would be my girlfriend around here? I'm related to everyone in this pack!" he cried, squirming. Oh, she was so confident because she was on top now. Ashmedai wrapped his forelegs around her neck, aiming to throw Sparrow to the side gently enough not to hurt her, "Unless you're asking to be my girlfriend." The boy asked his brow quirking. A smile spread to his face, his heart pounding. He couldn't handle it, and he knew Sparrow had lost the upper hand, even if he was kidding, he had to hold out to see her reaction.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-28-2016, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2016, 01:25 PM by Sparrow I.)
Ashmedai's outburst about being related to everyone in his pack struck a chord with the girl. She laughed loudly, "It feels that way for me in Abaven too!" Her laugh continued until she was lifted and pushed onto her side. Her eyes opened as she squealed, though she landed softly.

"Unless you're asking to be my girlfriend."

The statement shocked Sparrow, her face flushing under her fur as her maw formed a small "o" in response. She surveyed the boy, noticing the smile creeping up on his maw, "Oh- you!" she pushed herself away from him, "You are something else, you know that?" Two could play at that game, "But if you insist..." Sparrow began, pulling her maw closer to Ashmedai's. She hovered for a moment before darting her head to the side, giving Ashmedai a small lick on the cheek, "JUST KIDDING!" Sparrow pushed off of Ashmedai's chest, standing and scurrying a few feet away to laugh.

Ashmedai

Somnium

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Trick 2019
01-28-2016, 01:25 PM
He got her! As she exclaimed in disbelief, Ashmedai chuckled, his maw wrinkling and distorting his freckles. She pushed away from him, but after a moment she grew serious, "But if you insist..." Sparrow brought her face closer to his. Ashmedai couldn't react. His face burned and his heart pounded hard in his chest. Sparrow ducked and kissed him on the cheek before bounding away. Ashmedai lay dumbfounded for a moment, the spot on his cheek burning white hot for a second. Finally, his eyes locked on her, "I'll get you for that!" he called, righting himself, "You better run!" he growled, a smile on his face. Ash kicked off in Sparrow's direction, aiming to tackled her to the ground for the crimes she committed against him.

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
01-28-2016, 01:31 PM
Sparrow just couldn't quit laughing. This back-and-forth was ridiculous. Ashmedai's face was so expressive every time she got him. She was laughing right up to the point he told her she better run. Ears pricking, Sparrow looked at him just in time to see him coming at her. She squealed and turned to run off, her cry turning into laughter as the two ran through the trees illuminated by the light of the fireflies.

--------------------------LATER POST-CHASE--------------------------

Ashmedai was too fast, but she was agile. Coming up to a river, Sparrow splashed in a little ways, "Time! I call time!" The girl panted, turning to look at Ashmedai, "I need a drink," she said breathlessly, bending to drink from the cool waters. On a warm night like this, the water was refreshing and clear. The lazy bugs flickered overhead, their reflections dancing in the river below. It was really relaxing, but it reminded Sparrow how her aunt was laying with the pups and how she was supposed to visit them. After drinking, Sparrow turned to Ashmedai, "I should... probably get back to my cousins now..." she mumbled, not making eye contact.