An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - GoldWordyUnderachieverCritical Fail!
09-10-2023, 07:59 AM

The sight of Vidarr looming behind the boy sends a wave of relief rushing through her. Closing her eyes while he chastises the boy, Delphi summons the strength to stand up from the mud. Pulling herself out of the muck, she leans into Vidarr as he moves over to her side. When he requests to know what happened, she looks up at him with wide, red, and watery eyes and trembles on her lip. "I wasn't doing anything but laying out here," she starts and then lifts a paw to point at him.

"He came along and demanded my bag. Tried to take it from me and I wasn't going to let that happen!" Delphi snorts as she shoots the other pup a glare before looking back up at Vidarr. "He grabbed my bag and me with it, and ended up tossing us into the lake. Then I saved his ass and what does he do in return? He stabs me with those things on his cheek!" Her voice is a whine as she lifts her paw to touch her cheek where the laceration is. When she pulls back her paw to reveal blood, she lets her eyes water even more. "I tried to bite his toe off because that he deserves," she seethes, emotions quickly flashing back to fury as she once more throws daggers full of glares in his direction. "He picked me up again and slammed me down in the mud and that's when you showed up," Delphi let one tear slide down her cheek as she pressed up against Vidarr's leg, her chin tilted up to look at her adoptive grandfather. None of what she said was a lie, but the theatrics were... something.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
09-10-2023, 02:15 PM
He rolled his eyes at the bullshit. He couldn't help it. He half expected her to finish her show busy rolling over and showing Vidarr her belly, and then peeing herself. Bitch. If she had acted like that in his pack, his mother would have taken her head. She wouldn't be able to help herself. The girl was just too… pathetic. "tös has a mean streak. She attempted to maim me, I defended myself with my spurs" His gravelly voice rumbled over the words, and then fell silent. Keep it simple. 

Vidarrs first words made it clear that he would not approve of his actions with the bag, but he also had hope that her escalation to maim would also be see as reflecting badly for the pack. He was still learning the rules. He was small and stealthy, and hearing he could not steal from his pack mates was bad news for him. Well, no. He could not steal from them and get caught.
[Image: Au67KGz.png]

Víðarr

Hemlock
Alleviator

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
09-25-2023, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 01:34 AM by Víðarr. Edited 1 time in total.)

Delphi has her version of events. It seems plausible, though Víðarr was biased on the subject. Gently, the viking king wipes at the girl's bloody cheek, sighing gently. She'd attempted to fight, and Víðarr was pleased to see the fire rising within her. Still, there was a time and a place, and this was neither.

But first, there was Astraios to deal with. "Have you not been well fed here, boy?" The question is issued sharply, icy gaze severe upon the child. Víðarr drew to his full height, towering over the pup. "If you have needs that are not being met, you ask. You do not steal." The words are menacing, weighty as he speaks. "Is that clear?" Víðarr is steady, stable, waiting for the answer only briefly.

His attention turned to Delphi, softening as he does. "Fighting with your packmates is a part of life, my lamb, but we save maiming for the very big things." Víðarr sighed deeply, taking a step back to assess both pups. They were ragged and muddy, but neither appeared truly injured. Some bruised pride, but that was growing up.

"Now, a fitting punishment for the both of you," Víðarr pretended to consider it, though he'd long made up his mind. "Astraois, you will help Delphi collect herbs to replace the ones you ruined." The viking king peered between both of the children, his eyebrows raised. Daring either of them to challenge the ruling.

"Víðarr"

[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (290)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

09-25-2023, 10:52 AM

When Vidarr turns to address Strai, Delphi ducks behind Vidarr's leg and peeks around to stick her tongue out at the boy. Stupid Thrall deserved to have his toe bitten off for what he did to her! However, Vidarr does not give the boy room to protest because he is now looking down at her with a softened gaze. Delphi's cropped tail wags a few times as she returns his look. She slowly nods to let him know that she understands what he is saying. Not that she agreed because the big meany standing over there looking all stupid and stuff definitely deserved it!

Knowing it was better to keep quiet and not argue, she scoots away as Vidarr steps back to look at both of them. His fitting punishment makes her ears fly backward and her brow furrow as she turns to glare at the boy. "You mean I have to keep spending time with him?" Delphi snarls as she wrinkles her nose at him. She wants to protest further, but by the look on Vidarr's face, she can tell he is not in the mood to be argued with.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
09-25-2023, 01:03 PM
Strai had been scraping together his own kills. He didn't expect anyone to feed him. He had been taken as victors spoils, and Vidarr spoke as if he did the boy a great favour. He lowered his eyes so the demon wouldn't see the anger in their depths. He listened as the leader spoke in gentle, loving tones to Delphi and saw her disgusting display worked. The punishment did not affect her in any way. They would work to renew her supplies, and despite his own words on attacking pack wolves, it was clear her attempt at maiming him meant nothing to the Demon.

He was on shaky ground here. Right of might, and apparently… who you knew. This was a new addition to the rules of the world as he knew them. Delphi had this wolfs favour, and it was clear she could hurt him without retribution. He would have to tread carefully. His revenge would have to be a subtle thing. He said nothing, knowing any words he spoke would tell them of the hate stirring in his breast.

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

10-17-2023, 12:44 PM

Delphi continued to stare at the Konungr until he turned to leave without another word. Her eyes widened slightly before narrowing. Gramps was seriously going to make her collect berries with that heathen? The Thrall? Disgust covers her expression as she turns to glare at Strai. Still in disbelief, Delphi began to scheme. What if she could take him again? Would she have a chance? The disgust slowly disappears as a smirk replaces it.

"I have a proposition, Thrall," Delphi practically hisses as she steps toward the boy. Even though she was still covered in mud, her bag was nearly destroyed, and now without any of her snacks, she couldn't care to go find more at that moment. Especially with him. "Let's fight. If I beat you, you'll come get berries with me. If you win, I'll let you have my bag," her brow raises and her head tilts, curious to know if he'll accept her proposition.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
10-20-2023, 11:05 PM

Strai glared at the retreating back of the pack’s Alpha. Feeling himself seething at this outcome. There was nothing he could do about it, he’d help Delphi pick herbs but she would regret every moment of it.

He turned his scowl to her, only for his brows to flare in surprise a moment later. He blinked at her, surprised at the offer. After a second, he snared at the smaller girl. “You're on.” He agreed. If he lost, he’d be back to where he started, but if he won? It was a perfect deal for him. He was surprised, in fact, that she’d offer it… he was already looking for the trap.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

10-21-2023, 01:13 PM
Trap? There was no trap. Not today. Delphi was like that. No. She wanted revenge. To kick him down into the mud and squish his face until he begged for mercy. She wanted to show him how it felt the way she had when he had taken from her. These feelings bubble in her as she feels her belly twist and tighten. Her chest thumps from her heartbeat beginning to race once more. Keeping her eyes focused on him, she didn't care how exhausted she felt. Her emotional state was drained, practically nonexistent, and perhaps that's what made her reckless.

"Ready, set," Delphi seethed, gritting her teeth as she shifted her weight and flexed her muscles. Readying herself, she hardly breathed the word "go" before she was rocketing forward. Almost stumbling in the slick mud beneath her paws, she moved forward with speed. Slipping between his legs and heading straight for hind end. Without stopping, Delphi breaks out between his hind legs and leaps up to try and grab onto his tail while spinning around to face his butt.

Delphi vs Astraios for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra small
Build: Light
Offensive Battle Accessory: Leather bracers with cougar claws
Defensive Battle Accessory: Spiked collar of bear teeth
Companion 1: Male Binturong, 22” - Battle
Companion 2: Tasmanian Devil, Female - Battle
Mutation 1: Saber fangs (Offensive)
Mutation 2: Spicy blood (Defensive)
Skills: Expert Healer & Intermediate Fighter

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
10-26-2023, 04:33 PM

Trap or no, Strai wouldn’t back out of a fight. In fact, a deal made in fighting was practically sacred to Strai. He was much more likely to help her pick herbs if she bested him first in a fight. Not that that was likely to happen!

Before he knew it, the small pup was sprinting down to his hind legs, so he aimed to kick out as hard as he could at her, at the same time as spinning around. He wanted to daze her, and then be able to grab at her. He knew he couldn’t use his teeth on her, but he had plenty of other sharp bits he was able and willing to use in this fight.

Astraios vs Delphi for Spar
Round 1/2
Age: (Only include: over 1 year, under 1 year, or under 6 months as applicable)
Size: Dire wolf
Offensive Battle Accessory: Small dagged with sheath
Defensive Battle Accessory: Protective bracers
Companion 1: Snowy Owl, Male, Battle
Companion 2: Snow Leopard, Male, 25"
Mutation 1: Cheek Bone Spurs (Defensive)
Mutation 2: Retractable Claws (Offensive)
Skills: Expert Fighter & Expert Hunter

"Speech"

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

11-02-2023, 08:07 AM
Delphi did not expect him to kick out at her. Before she could fully slip from between his legs, she saw his larger paw coming up at her quickly. With no time to react, she took the full impact of the paw right to her cheek. Dazed, she stumbles out from under his legs as he spins around to face her. Trying to right herself, she turns slowly and blinks away the stars that circle in front of her. As she looks up at him to see him reaching forward to try and latch onto her, Delphi opens up her mouth wide and aims to meet him with her own sharp fangs.

Delphi vs Astraios for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra small
Offensive Battle Accessory: Leather bracers with cougar claws
Defensive Battle Accessory: Spiked collar of bear teeth
Companion 1: Male Binturong, 22” - Battle
Companion 2: Tasmanian Devil, Female - Battle
Mutation 1: Saber fangs (Offensive)
Mutation 2: Spicy blood (Defensive)
Skills: Expert Healer & Intermediate Fighter

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
01-12-2024, 02:46 PM

As he spun, he felt his paw connect to her face and felt a moment of pure satisfaction. It zinged through him as he spun to face her. He grinned at her dazed expression, thinking how much it suited her stupid face. That was all the time he had to think before he was engaging with her again. Mindful of his teeth in her skin, he was aiming to use his paws to grab her. She bared her own sharp fangs at him and he tried to twist his paws away and around her face to grab either side of her muzzle.

Astraios vs Delphi for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Offensive Battle Accessory: Small dagged with sheath
Defensive Battle Accessory: Protective bracers
Companion 1: Snowy Owl, Male, Battle
Companion 2: Snow Leopard, Male, 25"
Mutation 1: Cheek Bone Spurs (Defensive)
Mutation 2: Retractable Claws (Offensive)
Skills: Expert Fighter & Expert Hunter

"Speech"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-14-2024, 11:31 AM

And the winner is...

ASTRAIOS

DELPHI must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

DELPHI:
Attack Roll: 40
Defense Roll: 60
Agility Roll: 14
Perception Roll: 79
Total: 193
Attack[40] + 40% Bonus[16.00]: 56.00
Defense[60] + 40% Bonus[24.00]: 84.00
Agility[14] + 15% Bonus[2.10]: 16.10
Perception[79] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 79.00
Total[235.10] + -5% Bonus[-11.76]: 223.34

ASTRAIOS:
Attack Roll: 89
Defense Roll: 71
Agility Roll: 11
Perception Roll: 15
Total: 186
Attack[89] + 70% Bonus[62.30]: 151.30
Defense[71] + 20% Bonus[14.20]: 85.20
Agility[11] + 5% Bonus[0.55]: 11.55
Perception[15] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 15.00
Total[263.05] + 5% Bonus[13.15]: 276.20

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Trouble with a capital T The Stone Steppe 03:03 PM, 08-31-2023 04:01 PM, 02-01-2024