gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
05-24-2013, 02:39 AM
Castiel

The large white pup gamboled and romped with his siblings, deep golden eyes bright and happy. Then a long, deep howl reached his ears and he stopped, looking around. Mother was on the move, father rising to follow, and his brother and sisters scampering about in general discord, until Mother nipped them into line. The started out, and he felt a thrill of excitement. Big paws patted the ground as he pranced behind his mother, pink tongue lolling in a grin.

Finally, they reached wherever they were going. Golden eyes stared about in amazement. Wolves everywhere, and more coming in. So? Was this what a meeting was? Happiness faded into solemnity as he looked around at the strangers that weren?t strange at the same time, then he stood next to Lyric as Surreal scampered over to a familiar face. Chrysi. He brightened, still thin tail batting the air. If she was there, then these wolves must be nice. Right? And Mother was there, and Father. And they weren?t frightened. He settled back on his bum and watched with alert interest.

Castiel's current avatar is by Caltics on DeviantArt.

Aislyn I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
05-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Aislyn

She heard a howl ring out across Valhalla, and to her surprise it was Cairo. She was within her den nursing Librty, but she needed to go. She rose, watching her small child roll over with a whine. Ears folded, but she picked up her child in her mouth, and headed on her way. When she reached the scene it was obvious she was one of the last to show, but at least she wasn't late. She made her way up toward her leaders, and took a seat a few feet away from the bunch. She might not be an alpha, but she was the beta, and had even been fully in power once. She deserved this place right? She set her pup down, watching as she curled around her paws. She curled her tail over the child and waited for Cairo to say something.

Arella

Somnium

gems
size
-
build
-
05-24-2013, 08:33 PM
Arella

While the demanding call of Cairo caught Arella's attention, she was more persuaded by her mother's gentle commanding. She scurried about alongside her siblings, excited by the prospect of a meeting with the entire pack. But she knew these things tended to be important, and she was supposed to be on her best behavior. But she joined in with Surreal with the childish inquiries. She knew what a meeting was -- when wolves sat around and talked about important stuff -- but what did they need to talk about exactly? "What do they need us for, mama?" It made her tiny chest swell with importance and a wide grin spread on her face.

As she wandered with her parents and brothers and sisters, she weaved between her mother's legs, following close by Surreal. She slunk between the legs of Chrysanthe, settling down beneath her chest comfortable to await whatever was to come. The small child giggled with delight, seemingly unnerved by the general seriousness that seemed to surround the pack.

Thane

gems
size
build
player
05-26-2013, 12:38 PM
White lined ears pressed against the brutes skull as he ran towards Cairo's call. A meeting was probably what they would all arrive to. Dark gray paws drummed against the earth as he huffed and puffed. Thane averted his aqua blue gaze to the sky in search of his companion. He squinted a bit then saw Cyril appear from the treetops. The eagle flapped his giant wings as he followed his master.

The male didn't know where anyone was. Most were probably already there but he hadn't seen Ookami yet. No matters, he was sure everyone would turn up at the meeting somehow.

"Looks like there are quite a few wolves already there Master Thane." Cyril said from above

"Thanks for the update"

"Always here to help"

The two friends continued until they reached the others. Thane slowed to a walk and Cyril dove down and landed on his shoulder. His aqua blue eyes looked this way and that. With a sigh he sat himself down upon the ground and waited for Cairo to speak. What would he hear; what news was to be said?

Ookami

gems
size
build
player
05-26-2013, 12:52 PM

Ookami's ears picked up the call of their Alpha. She was not sure as to what was going on but surely enough she begun to walk to the call. She just had a litter of pups and she could not be away from them for to long. Ookami slowly made her way to the site to see others already there.

She hoped that this would be quick, so she could get back to her new born, who just fell asleep and will need to eat with in a hour or so. Ookami walked up to thane and took a seat.She waited for the Alpha to say something. Her patients was not that grand at this point and she wanted this to finish soon. Ookami hoped that what he had to say was nothing bad.

Speech,

Cairo

gems
size
build
player
05-26-2013, 11:03 PM
ooc: ttyping from a thing sooooo get ready for word vomit. round ends on the 30th

cairo had known that the wolves of valhalla were likely going to answer him and he had been right. smile dipped over warm features and he began his speech,?this place were once a home and it is no longer such. this is not collision's fault nor is it yours, but, it is ours. you all expected collision to be me, and for this you are all wrong, though, discussing things with an alpha is one thing, calling him 'piss-poor' before a pack is another,? eyes fled to fenrir and narrowed in on him, ?your mother might have taught you how to mouth off, but you know that was unacceptable,? it need not be spoken that the boy would remain in valhalla without promotion. ?Erani, you have been a mother to my children while they've not had one, however, i am still the father of my family and disrespect towards collision in his attempt to save you all will not be tolerated. i will not be renouncing the given punishment,? some would not agree, so be it. ?my family were one of betrothals, patriarchal design, and polygamy. collision knew this, and my affairs as a valhallan and as an adravendi are separate. none of you need get involved. concluding this: collision has stepped down from his position as king, what you do with this or say to him is between yourself and him,? the old man were tired of getting invested. proceding: ?ranks in valhalla will be returning to an easy system of numbers. alpha, beta, delta, etcetera. now, you must all think that i am king now, however, this is false. icarus will be taking over. he is a man i trained as a child.? he had skipped two subjects, ?slaves are had in valhalla... though we do not abuse ours in extremes. also, regarding tortuga, they were rightfully made enemies and i will stay to that. never will a tortugan be trusted. if they move against us death will be their reward. you all seemed so taken aback by an enemy, however, that is what we have warriors for. that is what i am here to do. to die for you all,? he was done and nodded for the new alpha to speak.

Chrysanthe

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
05-27-2013, 09:19 AM
The young lupine's breathing was deep, forced to be even as she watched wolves gather before her father. She was glad to be having another meeting - hopefully one with a better air about it than the last. The last had been so awful, and it was no one's fault it was simply the way that it had gone. It became too personal, for she and for all that were involved. Surely though, her father would not repeat Collision's mistakes. Not because he was at all better than the brute, but because after watching something be done incorrectly once, it was impossible not to learn from the experience and try to make the next better. Clearly Valhalla as a whole did not appreciate being talked down to or treated as if they were not smart enough to trifle with the affairs of their alpha. Something had to change, something had to give... she had assumed that Collision would step up and speak for himself - but it seemed that would not be the case.

Cairo's first words were the first of a downward spiral. Apparently this pack was not a home anymore. The girl's blue eyes widened... what... had he said? That this pack, this place, was not a home to the wolves here? There were two new litters born since the last meeting! Two couples striving to make this place as happy and healthy a place to be for their children as it could be - and her father had just said... and then he continued. It was all for Collision's sake, for the wounded pride of a man, no, a boy who hadn't even shown his face at this meeting at all. Her eyes cut slightly, but widened as he threw Fenrir into the spotlight. Chrysanthe was devestated - had her father just... insulted this man's mother? If he had done that to an Adravendi, he would have had his head? Hell SHE would have had his head if he dared insult her mother, be it the one who had passed or the one who was present here today.

And then, if that were not enough of an insult on its own, instead of congratulating Erani on a job well done, delivering her pups and creating a family that was pretty much his own, he brings up prior humiliation - she had already been stripped of her rank once before the entire pack! To act like a season had not gone by, to not let it go, she was disappointed and disgusted. Her lips curled into a frown. Her ears twitched as he then handed the throne to a man that no one here knew - a stranger, Icarus. She stared at the male for a moment, before closing her eyes, trying to silence her thoughts and still her quaking stomach. "No..." She muttered, her lips tightening. "No I can't let this..."

She couldn't, she couldn't sit and let this pass - it wasn't fair! First Collision and now Cairo, they were destroying what she thought that Valhalla was - and what she had presumed was her seeing the pack's true colors, she now saw that wasn't the case. "Valhalla is a home! It is a home, it is a family, we are accepting and loving and respectful." She spoke quietly, but there was emotion in her voice - sentiment, because she believed in her words wholeheartedly. "But what you just did to Fenrir was not respect!" She spoke evenly, but there was fire in her blue eyes. "To give respect gets you respect. How can you tell him not to mouth off and in the same breath insult his very upbringing?" She was appalled, devastated, but her feelings would not go out to him. Her voice had taken a steady tone, and she turned toward the male that had been called out so rudely.

"Fenrir please, please accept my most humble apology on my father's behalf. What you said to Collision at the last meeting was not acceptable - but neither was this. My father's words do not represent the feelings of Valhalla as a whole." She looked to Erani soon after, her mother knew how she felt about this. The girl would have loved to correct him on his feelings toward Valhalla in regards to his precious prodigal son, but that was a private conversation - one that would probably never be spoken. And in that, a rift was created between she and her father, her eldest brother, and with her leaving so soon it would probably never be completely repaired. "I want this pack to be your home, just as Cairo wants it to be Collision's. I hope that you can give us another chance."

She would try and be positive toward the lupine within Valhalla, because that is what they deserved. To live their lives the best they could, only to be dealt with harshly whenever they came together was... depressing. How were they to function as a pack, if they dreaded the days where they came together beneath their alpha? "My wedding will be coming up soon - it will be a happy occasion - but I will then leave you all and take my place in Seracia." As the wife to a prince that would never love her - but be haunted her beautiful sister at his every glance. "I want to leave, knowing that you all are happy, that your lives here are as lovely as you all deserve."

Slowly she turned toward Icarus, feelings strongly about how he was handed a position so important and all she knew about him was his name. And yet... "I don't know you Icarus, but I hope that you lead this pack well. We are an open group - an accepting one. I could judge you as an outsider because to many of us that is exactly what you are... but I would be foolish not to give you a fighting chance." Her stomach churned, her eyes were watering but she couldn't tell whether it was simply emotion or the bile burning in her stomach and trying to tear its way up her throat. "I wish you nothing but the best of luck." And if he should fail, no matter what pack she was in or what duty she was fulfilling she would take the throne from him and rule Valhalla herself.

She would not let this pack fall to shambles.

ooc: um... i... yeah.

Cairo

gems
size
build
player
05-27-2013, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013, 11:58 AM by Ardent.)
Cairo listened to chrysanthe's cries, her calls, and he nodded his head to her, but he had to disagree, Valhalla is not what it was when I was younger, and I fear I'll die without it being that. I love each and every one of you so much, I will die for you all

Simple and even were the tones of the old man, he had no breath to put here, he was withering, his days where numbered and he was ready. Eyes fell on Chrysanthe with ardor and vehement passion, o how he loved her, You're beautiful, Chrysanthe. You're intelligent, and loving, and you're the most wonderful thing that could have happened to me - a daughter- no three, that are perfect in every way. You're like your mother you know -Guinevere. a tearful look overtook him and he nodded his head, So strong spoken and honorable, but, I have given Fenrir a punishment, he got what he gave- publicly destroying a member, rewards with such, and I will stick to that.

Valhalla, my time is near, i'm tired, i'm worn. I've given my life to this pack, and I hope it's been enough, he rose to his feet head hanging low as a sigh rumbled past his broken lips-his heart- Epiphron will remain in control of Valhalla...alongside Icarus, when the time comes, he will hand the throne to Epiphron completely, Syrinx has followed Eos and it would seem Epiphron, Preston, and Chrysanthe will be the final carriers of the Adravendi name, Eyes found a figure in the ground and laid on her with confusion. Soleil.

You're well? stricken with grief he turned from her gaze, I know not where collision is...I apologize, with that the man turned, his head low, his tears bleeding across his face, and he left to endure the pain. Valhalla's.

-Exit Cairo-

Aislyn I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
05-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Aislyn

Everything was growing so tiresome. One alpha to the next, one rank system after another. This pack was becoming more unstable than Tortuga! What were they going to do? She turned to Cairo, then Icarus. She had never seen this male before, and Cairo had never mentioned his name. For all she knew he would be some male he picked up in the battlefield. But, she trusted his judgement. Collision had been a respectable leader, but he would never be Cairo. No one would. That's why everyone in Valhalla needed to move on. "You all will respect his, and the new kings, wishes. Valhalla has been broken and mended repeatedly, and now that will stop. We will rise from the ashes and become the glorious kingdom we were before." She added, and turned to Cairo. "I will not allow Valhalla to break once more. I trust your judgment in this man because I only wish to see my home thrive, and I know you want the same." Her eyes bounced back to Icarus for a moment, but she turned back to the crowd. Her days as alpha crept into her thoughts for a moment. Her job had been tiresome, but she never allowed Valhalla to fall the way it had. She'd give her life before she saw the day everything shattered. Chrysanthe spoke, and she merely listened. She believed everyone had the right to speak, so she did not interfere. Cairo, however, added a few comments and left. She watched him go, but did not call out for him. She would hold her place as beta beside her new king, and she would embrace it. "I am the beta, Aislyn. I wish to speak with you on more private matters after this meeting had closed. She said to Icarus, then looked down at her daughter. What did she think about all these politics?

Fenrir

gems
size
build
player
05-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Fenrir would listen with a patience unknown to many. Cairo's words sparked a fire within him that he couldn't ignore. An insult to his mother and then judging him accordingly. His mother may have been a smart ass and had no reign on her tongue, but it was unfair to judge him off of her. It was unjust to sit there and insult him and his family name and then justify it by saying that he got what he deserved. He'd merely spoke his mind when Collision had talked down to them like they were peasants.

"So we've reached the level of children now? How lovely. It's nice to see what Valhalla has become."

Tones had hidden sarcasm, but he portrayed it as pure seriousness. His voice was level and calm. He'd had enough of the damnable pack. He would leave upon the morning. Head swiveled to Chrysanthe as she spoke up for him and all the other wolves Cairo had berated. He gave her an interested and yet thankful look, but he did not want her getting in trouble for his sake. It seemed as though Cairo only cared for his blood, for he took her criticism well and still praised her. The man was completely fucked up and wrong. Old age had destroyed him.

His "punishment" wouldn't last much longer. Already plans were forming in his head. He would go to Seracia and learn more about them. Possibly make it a place to call home. He picked himself up from his place as Cairo left and then padded over to Chrysanthe and brought his muzzle to her ear to whisper where no one else could hear but her.

"Thank you Chrysanthe. Your apology was not necessary though. It meant a lot but so little at the same time. It's not your job to apologize for your father's mistakes. I made the mistake of returning here, I should have stayed gone. You may just see me in Seracia when the next season comes."

With that the massive brute left the meeting not even giving the new male "Alpha" a glance. Epiphron had his respect. She was stuck fixing whatever errors they had made previously and she had to hold together the pieces. The poor child had a lot of work to do.

-Exit Fenrir-

Speech,

Soleil

gems
size
build
player
05-27-2013, 05:51 PM

Valhalla seemed to be swallowed in a dark cloud as the wolves gathered in force. Many faces gave away the fact that they were not quite settled. Not everyone was here. Not all knew the familiar call of the former alpha, surely that was the only reasoning.

Soleil shifted her weight as she knew she was only lying to herself. All was not well in Valhalla and Cairo calling this meeting was evidence of that. If that was not evidence enough, Collision failed to appear. All hopes of any surprising her mate at her public appearance were out the window.

Cairo was speaking now. His words punching a hole into the white female's gut. Valhalla not a home? She hated to hear it but more and more it was feeling just like that. Soleil was not an old wolf but suddenly she was beginning to feel very old.

For the first time she considered the "what if" in life. What if she never left her family? What if she never met Collision? What if she never followed the charming prince home? Rags to riches was exactly what her story was but right now she felt far too weighed down by the "riches" bestowed on her.

Collision had stepped down. Now she heard it in stone. The words of Cairo always that of fact. A dark male as well as young Chysanthe were both at arms. Chrys was disputing her father, begging Fenrir to forgive Cairo, and generally making Soleil only more confused on how to feel in general.

Cairo spoke tenderly to Chrysanthe. It was obvious, the love he held for her, and the wolf let himself fall. He showed to them all just how frail he had become. The last bit of attention he gave fell on her, Soleil.

"You're well?" He asked her, his face contorting in a way that was painful to Soleil. She nodded in a small way, unable to voice her response. The auburn wolf turned away from her before she could find words. " I know not where collision is...I apologize," the wolf made his escape, leaving the meeting to whatever was left to go on with.

Soleil jumped to her feet calling in alarm after Cairo, desperate to make him hear her. "It's not your fault Cairo! Don't apologize!" Her words were of course insignificant. They meant nothing. They had no effect.

Now Soleil was looking around, eyes hungry for the sight of her mate. No where. Her lips drew back into a very ugly look. It was a mixture of angst, anger, and panic. The female ran from the meeting, bumping into wolves without saying sorry as she normally would. She needed to find Collision. No matter what was happening to Valhalla, no matter what part he had in it, he would always be her rock. She needed him now to ground her.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
05-27-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013, 09:07 PM by Erani.)
Erani

Erani watched quietly as more wolves arrived, settled in. There was Rayne. But Preston and Neo were blatantly absent. That made her frown. Preston was Head Healer, so far as she was aware. That meant he needed to be present. He needed to be keeping tabs on the pack. That was his duty. She felt a thrill of pleasure when she saw Soleil making her way into the meeting. It was good to see her up and about at last. The recovery was at last finished. Collision, however, did not show. He wasn?t at Soleil?s side. He was nowhere.

Erani took stock of her litter for a moment, giving Gabriel and grooming lick before looking around again. Her Healer?s side was taking stock of the members. Ashtoreth! She rose to her paws, studying the grey female. Ashtoreth moved with a noticeable limp in one of her hind legs. When had this happened? It didn?t look like she?d received treatment. A soft rumble of displeasure thrummed in her chest. Blue eyes flicked around, seeking Preston. Still no sign of the young male.

Cormalin and Obsidian had arrived and were next to herself and Nova. Castiel had taken a spot against his uncle?s leg, Lyric was nearby. Arella and Surreal had scampered over to Chrysanthe. Finally, the last wolf had arrived. Ookami and Thane. It did her heart good to see Ookami so strong after the bloody birth of her pups. Erani had stepped in, taking the situation into her own paws, when Preston had been absent. That rankled. She had done her best to train him, and now he wasn?t showing up where he was needed.

Cairo began to speak, and Erani?s attention was caught. Valhalla, not a home? Her eyes flicked to her children. His news of her staying without a rank didn?t affect her. She hadn?t expected anything. She only studied him, listening. At least the ranks were easy to understand again. Her gaze turned to the male he introduced. Icarus. She gave the male a long, deep look, then turned her attention elsewhere. Cairo, dying. No matter what he said, or what he did to her rank, the thought of him gone forever was something that made her chest hurt.

Chrysanthe wasn?t taking any of this well. Her voice rose, steady, though there was emotion in her eyes. She would be a strong Queen for Seracia. The thought felt bitter. She should have been the strong Beta of Valhalla. Erani?s eyes met hers as she looked at her. She gave a soft nod. Chrysanthe spoke on toward Valhalla, and Icarus. Then Cairo spoke again.

Erani wanted to go to him. She hated seeing him in pain. In a way, she saw him as both friend and father. She had lost her family at a young age, and he had given her family back in the forma of Valhalla. Himself and Guinevere, his sister, Maya, his own children. He had, in a way, given her Nova. She knew he would never have let Nova be with her if he hadn?t approved of the male. How could he ever be gone? The truth was, he would never be gone. He was in the hearts of those who had loved him.

He saw Soleil. And the shock in his eyes made her wonder what he was thinking. It was he who had said Soleil was dying. And then he left. She started to rise, wanting to follow. But she held back. She sensed he didn?t want company. Aislyn was speaking. Then Fenrir spoke up. Erani leaned quietly into Nova. She had wanted her children to have a good first meeting. Soleil tried to catch Cairo, but the small healer got no response, and flew from the meeting, a desperate air about her. It seemed Collision hadn?t visited the girl even once. Erani gave a huff. She could only imagine what awaited Collision if Soleil found him. She rose, and studied Icarus, waiting for him to speak. The meeting wasn?t over yet. Not until their newest Alpha spoke and showed his worth. What would his plans be for them? Her eyes asked the question in silence.

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
05-27-2013, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2013, 10:54 PM by Epiphron.)

One by one, the members of Valhalla began to trickle in. Epiphron Adravendi was seated comfortably alongside her father and Icarus, the man she barely knew, but the man that had been chosen to rule her family alongside her. The young woman was well-aware that some of the pack saw her as nothing more than a child, she held herself as regally as any Queen would. Beauty emanated from her, but as did naivety -- but confidence was something she did not lack, and as she stood before the wolves she had been made to rule, her blue gaze swept over them fluidly. Loyalty was important to her, and though she knew she was inexperienced, that would not keep her from trying with all her might to make these creatures safe and happy.

Her father's jaws parted to speak, and she noted the lack of power that his tones generally held. Instead, he spoke slowly and almost sadly. Cairo noted that Collision had not exactly made the best decisions, but also noted that the reaction to his choices had been unfounded. Fenrir had spoken out of line, as had Erani. Epiphron silently wondered whether she would have reacted similarly; she figured she and Collision would have been very different rulers, had he held his place as Alpha. But she did not think badly of him as a brother, despite whatever poor choices he'd made as a leader. She made a mental note to seek him out later, to ensure that he knew his adoptive sister was not upset with him. Soleil was visibly distraught, as was Chrysanthe, who's temper quickly flared. But it was subdued just as quickly, and she wished Icarus the best of luck. Aislyn spoke up, noting that she trusted Cairo's judgment, Fenrir noted his unhappiness once again, and Cairo spoke a few words to Chrysanthe before disappearing. Erani was eerily silent, a perfect match to herself; both were at a loss for words.

As she stood before her fellow Valhallans, she knew she ought to have felt pride welling deep within her chest. But instead she felt concern for her sister, who was struggling to maintain a sense of normalcy -- though Epiphron saw that beneath her tough veneer she was crumbling. Was she dreading the wedding? No, it seemed she was physically ull. She envied the love her father publicly bathed Chrysanthe in, though inside she hated herself for feeling envious. Brows furrowed as she watched her father go, wondering if she would see him take his last breath. How much she would give to see him live on. If only she could shorter her own years to extend his; she would sacrifice such a thing for him in a heartbeat. Eyes welled with pain as his tired body disappeared from sight.

Slowly, Epiphron's attention shifted to Icarus, waiting for the stoic brute to speak at last, she grew terrified at the future that awaited her. Her recent conversation with her sister weighed heavily on her mind -- and it pained her terribly to see Chrys so distraught over a future she never wanted, one she'd never had a say in. And it was then that she realized that, while she could be a great leader to Valhalla, that Chrysanthe would be an ever greater one. Blood rushed to her head, and she suddenly felt faint. Decisions, decisions, which one would benefit everyone the greatest?

"Excuse me--" Epiphron cut in suddenly, waiting briefly as Soleil seemed to mentally collapse and sprint from sight, surely in search of Collision. "Before Icarus speaks, I would like to propose something." Her father was gone, and Collision had failed to show his face as of yet. "I am grateful to have been chosen by Collision to rule Valhalla. I have always dreamed of taking my father's place, but now that I am in it, I have realized something.." The girl's voice welled with something like pain. But her tones were filled with passion as she gazed at the wolves before her, lingering mostly on Chrysanthe, Erani, and Icarus. "It should be my sister, Chrysanthe, in my place. Collision was misguided in allowing me to rule alongside him; Chrys is easily more capable and worthy." A sigh escaped her throat; she was clearly nervous, unsure what the reactions of the Valhalla pack might be. Even if she could do as good of a job as Chrys, the thought of her sister traveling to Seracia in such a condition, dreading every moment spent there, was highly unnerving. She could see nausea welling in the red-faced woman's eyes, even if no one else saw it. "Unless anyone has any objections, I would like to step down and allow Chrysanthe to rule as Alpha alongside Icarus, while I take her place and travel to Seracia to secure an alliance with them. I am aware that Seracia's King may very well deny my request, so I will retain my position as Alpha until I speak with him. If he approves the change in plans, Chrysanthe will then step up as Alpha." She grew silent quickly, lowering herself again to recline on haunches and await Chrysanthe's response, as well as Icarus' -- but mostly out of respect, for she seemed resigned to the sudden decision, and her head was held tall on her slender shoulders as she faced the group of wolves.

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
05-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Surreal

Surreal watched the wolves arriving from her spot against Chrysi?s leg, glancing at Arella now and then to see if she had any idea what was going on. The big brown male was so sad, she crawled toward him and settled against his paw. Such a huge paw, a step smaller than her father. Just a hint. Big mismatched eyes gazed up at him as he spoke. Not much of what he was saying really made sense; it would be a little longer before anything really made sense. Chrysi didn?t seem to like what he was saying. She was speaking to the brown male, who replied with so much pain in his voice that Surreal uttered a small whimper.

Then he left, and Surreal looked over at Chrysi and Epi, eyes questioning. Why was he so sad? She went back and snuggled against Epi?s legs. Other wolves were speaking. There was another pup! Surreal?s questions about what everyone was talking about evaporated as she zeroed in on this new face. She wagged her tail, inviting the other out to play.

[Image: a5Wob8t.png]
Surreal's family is allowed to crash any thread she is in, regardless of it being private or not.

Aislyn I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
05-27-2013, 11:22 PM

Aislyn

She waited for Icarus to speak, but nothing come from the brute. It was odd, how he sat there, still as a statue while uproars where taking place before him. What kind of alpha was he? She listened to Fenrir speak, but she didn't care much about him. He was trouble, and surely he would be handled sooner or later. The beef was between him and Collision, not her. She would step in if needed, but as of now she would merely watch. She looked down at her child who was huddled closely against her leg, bright blue eyes gazing out over the crowd. Oh, the things that must be running through the child's mind. Then it hit her; Friction. Where was he? She looked out, scanning each face.. but nothing. She scolded herself in her mind. Why did she have to love him of all wolves? He never showed, and when he did he was always late. It made her stomach churn. As beta why couldn't she be with someone more pack orientated?

Thoughts broke as Epiphron spoke up. Her marriage. Aislyn had honestly forgotten about the whole thing until now. She listened to the alpha's words, nodding in agreement. She turned, eyes gazing into the woman's before her. "Epiphron, you are completely right. If you wish to pass your thrown to another Adravendi no one can stop you. You are the alpha female, and all decisions you make shall be respected. Besides, why not grant the marriage to someone who wants it instead of forcing it upon them? I doubt it matters which daughter marries the prince, you are all of equal value. It is to better Valhalla, not make a princess miserable. Her words were directed toward the queen, but she spoke loud enough for all of Valhalla to hear. She minded not of the new kings opinion. Who was he to rule over something he knew nothing of? This was the girl's decision, not his. As long as an Adravendi ruled what did it matter? She turned toward Chrysanthe. "You've made a wonderful beta darling, and I have questioned why you weren't promoted alpha. I agree with Epiphron, and would embrace your rule if you chose to take the title, that is, if you agree." A smile tugged at the corners of the woman's lips as she waited for a response. She thought this was a marvelous idea, one she had honestly been waiting for someone to propose.

Liberty

gems
size
build
player
05-27-2013, 11:39 PM
The child remained still, quiet, and respectable as she watched and listened to everything going on around her. Part of her was frightened, but she knew soon enough this would be here place, as beta, ruling beside a king and queen. She would be trained for this position her whole life, and someday she would make her mother proud, and take her place as the beta of Valhalla. She couldn't help but day dream though, thinking about what it would be like to play with children her own age. It was constantly train train train in her life, and she never got time for fun since she was an only child. She didn't protest her mothers wishes, but sometimes she wondered what it would be like if things were different. She huddled up close to her other, front paws wrapped securely around her front paw as she partially hid from the crowd. Curious blue eyes scanned each face, and for a moment she searched for her father, but never saw him. Ears pinned back. Why wasn't he ever around anymore? It hurt her feelings, she always thought he'd be there for her. She was a mama's and daddy's girl, so she couldn't feel security in just one parent. She wanted both.

She kept looking around, but this time she was in search of those around her age. At first she saw no one.. but then, something caught her eye. Could it be? Someone close to her age? She leaned forward to get a better look, but did not let her grip up on her mother. There was no way she was letting go! But she was awfully curious. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to get a better view, and it worked. There! She saw them! Not one, not two, not three... but five puppies around her age! Her tail wagged behind her little body as she watched them all curled up by their mother. Maybe someday she could meet them? She smiled, looking up at her mother, but Aislyn's attention was on anything but her. She sighed, pressing against her mother leg as she waited for this whole thing to be over. It was awfully tiresome.

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
05-29-2013, 04:30 PM

Everything seemed to be falling apart. Cairo had spoken. Speaking harshly against Valhalla and its members, one in particular, though she didn't personally know the brute. A frown creased her face, ears turning back. This wasn't the home that she had joined. Tension in the air was thicken enough to cut. Everyone was restless and unhappy. Cairo handed some brute the title of Alpha beside Epiphron. None of this made sense. Dual toned eyes followed the ex King as he made his exit, followed by Soliel, who seemed desparate to escape. Did she want to stay? She was once more feeling useless, having no completed her training, nor seeing any sign of new Lead Healer. But for now she would wait and see what this new male had to say. So far he just sat there. Unmoving. Silent. She found it odd. Here was this new Alpha, doing nothing to calm his pack down? Brows lifted as Epiphron spoke, offering her place as Alpha to her sister and would take her place in Sercia. Both girls would be wonderful leaders, no matter where they ended up, that she ws sure of.

Through the haze of her thoughts, the ivory dame came to a decision. She would travel to Sercia, see what the pack was about, and possibly make her new home there. She didn't want to be around if Valhalla fell. Blinking slowly, eyes became sad. Once the pack meeting was over, she would say her goodbyes and then head off. There was no reason to linger. She was ready to settle down, find her happiness once more, and put her skills to use. A soft sigh slipped from her lips. She would be patient, she would wait for the Alpha to speak and end the meeting before she left.

"speech" thought

Azalea

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-29-2013, 07:34 PM

So here's the story. Her mother had been pretty much pegged for dead. No one saw here. She saw no one. For about a month Azalea hardly saw her either. Whatever strange illness seemed to plague her mother made it hard for her or any wolf to hold a relationship with her. That didn't mean that Az didn't love her mother. That didn't mean that she wouldn't fight tooth and claw for her. All it meant was that while she did love her mother, it was hard to find sympathy for her. So while some might have expected her to cozy up by Soleil and comfort her, she didn't. Azalea placed herself where she chose to be in the pack.

Cairo made it clear that Collision, her father, had not made the best alpha. She would not disagree. Collision had acted in ways that the pack was not properly prepared for, not that she knew much of the details as she was too young to be so overly involved. With a heavy heart she accepted what Cairo had to say because even if she hadn't been alive while he ruled in the prime of his life, she still felt the power and influence in his words.

Cairo was everything Valhalla stood for.

She sat on the balls of her feet as Cairo suddenly devoted all his attention to Soleil. It was a desperate moment and Azalea's brow spots lowered over her amber eyes fixing into a worried look. Their words were lost to her, really, she wasn't close enough to hear them over the louder voices in the crowd, but after a small conversation both wolves fled from the meeting. The auburn headed wolf jolted, legs begging her to follow her mother but she thought clearly. Better to stay at the meeting as she was supposed to, besides too much was going on to just leave.

Azalea relaxed once her mother was out of her sight. Her attention falling back to the meeting at hand. It had progressed and she struggled to catch up quickly.

Speech,

Thane

gems
size
build
player
05-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Thane shifted on his haunches as he heard Cairo talk of how this was no longer the home it used to be. In the brute's mind he agreed; somehow things had changed and Thane had noticed them but tried not to acknowledge them. Just nod and smile, and he would be on his way. How many meetings had be sat through without saying a word? Perhaps all of them unless if he was required to speak. With a grunt white lined ears perked up. Should he speak...would he receive frowns upon his words?

The wolf still sat quietly beside his mate before averting his aqua blue gaze to her. He silently looked at her before having another thought resurface. Honestly he had had a thought contemplating if this was the right place he had chosen to raise a family. But now with the newborns here he had already shook that thought away from his mind. But the concern still lingered...it was as if there was slight anarchy. But of course it wasn't anarchy at all...it just seemed complicated to him. And of course everything going on didn't involve him as much but then it did; everyone here was family, Valhalla was family. Once in a while everyone may forget but he knew they are all in the same pack. and what does family do, they stick together!

The male knew that there were ups and downs once in a while, and this seemed to be one of them. What family can go on without a little skirmish here and there in the stars knows what. Then again Thane knew in his heart that this was his home. He would watch his children grow up here. But then what?

A deep battle of thoughts went on in his mind. Quiet did he stay and still was his body. Upon the ground were his paws with bones relaxed and slack. Relaxed was he for this would end, and it would end well.

Aqua blue eyes averted then to Epiphron who said that Chrysanthe should take the position of alpha. A small smile appeared on the male's maw. Thane thought that this was a grand idea; choices and freedom of each wolfs own was what the brute saw. But of course he was only a humble brute and kept his mouth shut. Thane was just eager for this all to set in place so he and Ookami could return to their three sleeping newborns back at the den.

Chrysanthe

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
05-31-2013, 11:06 PM
She would hold back a sigh, the remnants of a whimper as her father denied that Valhalla was not what it was when he was younger. Oh how badly she wanted to prove him wrong - to show him that the wolves here were loving, that there was good to them and to his own family as well. But she didn't know how, there was no way to do so, and what she wanted wasn't to argue... what she wanted was for Cairo to be as proud of Valhalla as she was. To love this pack the way that she did. Yet she understood that her father was aging, that he didn't have the strength to change the pack the way that he wanted to.

She hoped that Epiphron would be able to do it for him, and that he would watch and smile and be proud of her, and be proud of Valhalla once again. Yet as he spoke, there was doubt that he would live to see it - her old man was aging before her eyes and... she had to stop and mentally tell herself that he wasn't going to live forever and now she was leaving. These final days, weeks, months, seasons, it was never long enough - but no matter the length of time she would spend it wondering how he was doing, waiting for words of Valhalla's growth. It saddened her...

But she would leave knowing that she was loved. Blue eyes met her father's blues as he said that she was beautiful, that she reminded him of her mother. The last time that she was mentioned she had been burned, and swallowed the comment with bitterness. Now though, she could see the affection and sadness and she cursed at herself within her own mind for being angry with him all those months ago. He hadn't been the one making the decisions then... although he was now, and she couldn't believe that his retaliation to verbally embarrassing he and Fenrir was "an eye for an eye."

It would be forgotten though, as Fenrir did not accept her apology - he slipped beside her, whispering to her, and she turned to face him as he spoke, wishing that he to, would not say that Valhalla had become something other than good. It frustrated her to no end, but she held her tongue and bared her teeth behind her closed lips. "It wasn't a mistake." She whispered, but he left, he didn't give Epiprhon and Icarus a chance and simply left it all behind.

Her father's next words nearly broke her heart - he was old, he was giving up but not because he was tired of Valhalla, but simply because he was tired. She swallowed, watching him stand up and sigh - stating that Epiphron would be Valhalla's head once she was of age - and that she and her siblings would be the final Adravendi's. But no - that wasn't completely true, was it? Soliel's children, they were as much Adravendi as she and Epiphron and Preston were. Even Soliel herself was a part of this family - hadn't she taken the name too? "Father, your family is larger than you think. Valhalla is in good hands. You don't... have to leave." But he was already retreating, and she imagined that this had taken a lot out of him. She would make no demands of him.

Things buzzed into quiet once more, and they still awaited Icarus's speech. The man was surprisingly silent, and the beta wondered whether he was regretting stepping up while Valhalla was in such a tense state. Yet as they waited, Epiphron suddenly cut in as Soliel made an exit. She was probably looking for Collision, who had the audacity not to show when his wife, who was sick for so long, had made an effort to be here. She cast those thoughts aside though, turning toward her sister - wondering what she had to say. When she finally came to the point of her words, her lyrics were strained, and the beta couldn't tell whether it was out of passion or pain. But it all came spiralling down to one thing.

She was stepping down.

Chrysanthe was flabberghasted, and her first instinct was to speak up, to tell her that no - she shouldn't leave Valhalla, that she was an excellent alpha and would do great things for this pack. And yet she couldn't do just that, because her sister had made a decision and she would be going against that to argue with her. It would be disrespectful to blatantly disregard her trust in her and refuse to step up in her place... and she knew, deep down she knew that this was what she wanted. "Epiphron..." She whispered, not interupting, letting her finish her piece. She was stepping down and going to Seracia, going to marry Maverick, the wedding would be her wedding... was this what she wanted? She knew that she liked the red prince, but she had been a part of Valhalla her entire life.

It was Aislyn's words that gave her the courage to speak. She was so opinionated, but so optomistic. She approved of this choice, approved of her stepping up and stepping in. Chrysanthe couldn't be more grateful with her support, and her smile brought a small smile onto her own lips as well. As sick and on the spot as she felt - she nodded. "I would be honored to lead you - all of you. Valhalla is and will always be my true home, just as the wolves here are my family. Epiphron, you know I think you are an excellent leader, but if this is your decision, I accept your proposal." She couldn't be more grateful, she had spoken with her earlier and they had both wondered what it was that they could do about this to try and make it better. In the end, it was Epiphron that had the strength to step in and make the change. "Thank you." Her eyes were teary as she thanked her sister, daring to stand up and move toward her despite her churning stomach - and quickly nuzzle her sister in a short wolven embrace.

She had whisked away much of her pain, and given her a platter of responsibilities that was entirely different from the ones that she had before. Now, she was not expected to be a prince's wife, but Valhalla's alpha. All in the span of minutes.

But this was something that she felt that she could rise to, and hopefully succeed in making Valhalla the place that it deserved to be.

ooc: i figured i would keep this chugging along, with the round ending a couple days back and it being winter c: