Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Already he found his mind wandering to darker times, when his body had been an instrument of torture, when he had faced pain and fear and swallowed them both. His time away from Alacritia had been violent, but it had taught him much. She would inquire what sort of injuries had warranted his middle name change and he smirked, wondering where to start. "There's a jagged scar on my right hip, three puncture wound scars on my left front leg, and countless others in places I can't even remember. None have been life threatening or anything like that," he voiced. "Most all of them are hidden by my fur.. I still haven't decided if I like that or not." Had his fur been shorter or lighter he would gladly bare his scars with pride, but as it were most of them lay tucked beneath his cobalt mask. "I'm sure there will be more in the future, I've been meaning to get back into sparring now that I'm settled here in Imperium." The worst part of a fight was the day after, when the adrenaline had ebbed away and nothing remained but the pain. It was equally annoying having to find someone to patch him up afterwards, though he suspected he wouldn't have to look too far now that he lived here. "Can I count on you to patch me up the next time I add onto my list of wounds?"

""

Kyarst is 2 years old, 142 lbs, and 36" tall. This is your warning. He is prone to acts of violence including but not limited to: maims, claims, dominance challenges, etc. He is also prone to foul language. Also, Lysis is allowed to pop into his threads whenever she pleases, as the two are almost always close to one another.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
04-29-2015, 10:00 AM

Rhythm hardly knew anything about Kyarst's past, yeah they'd had a tender moment remembering those that had been lost to them but Rhy had no idea what Kyarst had been through. She was a delicate flower in comparison, the wound in her foot might have been the most serious of any injury she'd ever received. The Destruction girl was very much sheltered, not that she'd even realize her innocence in comparison. Perking her dark ears the girl would listen as Kyarst told her of the scars that littered her body. Not that she could even see any of them, and Valentine would probably be pretty disappointed if she was close enough to the other male to see these scars.

He seemed like he carried his battle wounds with pride, and Rhythm wondered for one half second how she'd react to a few scars. Would she look tougher if she had scars littering her muzzle? She kind of liked the smooth untouched fur of her features. Scars probably were not for her. Kyarst on the other hand was very much confident that these would not be the last of the marks that littered his body, Rhythm would nod in agreement. A pack guard like himself would not escape unscathed, not that he'd try to avoid injury like she did.

He'd almost catch her off guard as he questioned her softly, the pain in her paw had been forgotten as they talked. Her grin would widen as he asked his question the answer was simple. "Of course! Can't have you bleeding out all over the place." She'd redistribute her weight to nudge at his shoulder playfully. "Just stay out of those life-threatening situations, okay? You're only allowed moderate wounds." Her tone was obviously joking, but there was a truth there. She didn't know what she'd do if she was forced to face the possibility of losing her friend.

""

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-04-2015, 07:55 PM
He wondered, and humorously pictured the look on her face if he approached her injured and bloodied from a fight. They had a certain friendship and he imagined that might shake her, despite the fact that she was a good healer. He knew, though, despite how much it might upset her - he would always go to her when he could. He trusted Rhythm to fix him the right way when (not if) he was ever broken. She answered almost immediately in the affirmative, and he found himself smiling - already devising when he'd have time to spar with someone and shed a little blood. "Define moderate..." he quipped, knowing that his wounds were often a little more involved than moderate. Still, he was smart enough to do as she said and stay out of life threatening situations when he could. He still had dreams worth staying alive to accomplish. "I'll do my best," he finally volunteered, a smirk still on his lips - knowing that his best probably wouldn't be good enough. "I've made it this far, and without an amazing healer such as yourself.." he began with the grin growing leaps and bounds upon his face. "Imagine how much trouble I can get into now that I have you to put me back together!" Satire laced his words as he uttered them, and he found himself chuckling out loud when he'd finished. Oh, if only she knew he wasn't entirely kidding.

""

Kyarst is 2 years old, 142 lbs, and 36" tall. This is your warning. He is prone to acts of violence including but not limited to: maims, claims, dominance challenges, etc. He is also prone to foul language. Also, Lysis is allowed to pop into his threads whenever she pleases, as the two are almost always close to one another.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-05-2015, 10:43 AM

She could easily see the amusement lingering on his features and she knew he had to be devising all kinds of mischief in his mind. As she watched the look in his eyes Rhythm would become a bit more concerned about what she'd just gotten herself into. What did she have to expect in the future she had no idea, but she knew that when the opportunity arose she would be there to patch him up and fight for his life if necessary. She had few friends outside of her family, Kyarst was one of the special few. Rhythm would spare no expense in ensuring his health. "Define moderate..." She would offer him a playful scowl at this comment, finding she couldn't keep the smile from lifting her lips as she walked beside him. Though he would promise that he would try to keep his life from the line, but she knew with a warrior's lifestyle that wasn't always possible.

He'd offer her more of an assurance, though it wouldn't make her worry any less she would feel pretty good about her skill. He'd joke but she couldn't help but to think what he spoke was complete truth. Now that Kyarst was in the pack he no longer would be troubled by the restraints of a loner. He could fight harder because he knew there would be healing and protection when he was through. "Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into!" She couldn't help but to giggle as her eyes lingered on his form and she shook her head in disbelief.

Though the pain in her foot had not lessened she felt distracted from it, Kyarst had succeeded in that. Though as her den came into view she'd become aware of it once more. This was going to be an unfun couple of weeks. Though even as she limped along beside him she could feel her strength return. The wound would scab and as long as she didn't open it back up she'd be fine to move about the territory. "Will you stick around for a while longer? Tell me a few more stories?" They hadn't quite made it to the big boulder that covered her little den, but she wasn't ready to say farewell yet.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-05-2015, 08:53 PM

He liked that he could joke around with her, and that she could appreciate his humor for what it was. She knew he was perhaps only half serious about the things that he said. The other half was feigned certainty in his own skills and a certain degree of arrogance. He'd always been an arrogant lad, and despite his age he still retained much of that trait - he assumed it ran in his blood. A contented sigh crossed his lips. He hadn't known they were getting so close to her den, and yet there it was - rising into his view just ahead of them. Almost instinctively he slowed, as if he wasn't quite ready to get there yet. At that same time she beckoned him to stay, to tell her a few more stories. Ah, stories he definitely had. "Sure," he murmured gently and obligingly. He would never deny her such a simple request, and in all honesty he was thoroughly enjoying her company. "What kind of story would you like to hear?" He slowed further, pausing to cast an uncertain gaze in her direction. "If you don't mind I'd like to stay out here.." It wasn't as if her den wouldn't be comfortable and perfectly lovely, it was more a matter of how it might appear if he was seen slinking in or out of it by prying eyes. An ear flickered back idly, hoping she might understand and appease him for now.
""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-06-2015, 10:56 AM

She'd feel Kyarst slow as their destination came into view, it seemed like he too was not quite ready to be through with their visit. She was more than thankful, she knew as soon as he was gone she'd be left to deal with the pain on her own. There were some herbs she could take for it, though most of them would lead to her quick departure into dream land. She wouldn't linger on those thoughts though, it was much easier to be distracted from her pain than trying to cure it. Kyarst was not about to abandon her either, at her request he would answer simply. With his affirmation the blue tinged Armada would ask what stories she wished to hear, and almost as an afterthought he'd ask that they remain outside the actual den.

Rhythm would nod, first answering his second question, "Oh, of course! It's pretty small anyway and I'll probably be sleeping on top of the boulder the next few days anyway." She figured getting on top of the rock would be easier than getting under it with her hurt paw. "As for my story.." She'd pause, obviously contemplating what she wante to hear. "Got any embarrassing puppy stories?" She'd ask with obvious amusement.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-06-2015, 08:56 PM

Her nod came and her answer resulted in a bubbly chuckle. "It can't be as small as that little cave on the side of the mountain we first stayed in..." He remembered that day, fondly, and how tight the quarters had been. "If the boulder doesn't suit you i've got this place that might work. It's not really mine, per say, but it's somewhere I frequent for mid-day naps." There was a hint of questioning in his tone, as if he wasn't sure if she would want such information or not. It might work nicer than the top of a boulder, but he figured she'd probably prefer somewhere familiar. He slowed his pace to a full stop as they neared her den, and allowed his side to mold into the ground below - flopping rather indelicately across the dirt. "Embarrassing puppy stories, hm?" He paused for a moment, contemplating what sort of story she might like to hear. "Well, this one time.." No, that wasn't the sort of story she'd want to hear. He paused a moment more and then started again. "I guess my first tree climbing lesson was kind of embarrassing. My Uncle Etern used to practically live in the trees where I used to live. They were beautiful, great big oaks with gnarled limbs. They looked like spiderwebs way up high. Anyway one day he decided I ought to learn to climb them, and I can't begin to tell you how many times I fell before I finally got it right." He trailed off, reminiscing of those days and his family. "I never really thanked him for that," he noted with a sense of longing and sadness.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-07-2015, 11:11 AM

Kyarst would bring a blast from the past as he mentioned the tiny little cave they'd squeezed into the day of that storm. She'd smile softly as a blush overcame her features as she remembered exactly how close they had been. No, her den didn't have anything on that little space. "That's a good point." she'd give him the point before he mentioned a place, somewhere that might be more comfortable than the boulder. As well he found himself there most everyday, Surely she'd get a few extra minutes with Kyarst everyday. "You should show me.." She'd answer as he stopped and lowered himself to the earth, she would follow him. Though much more awkwardly she'd eventually lower herself next to him as he started his story. Bright blue and purple eyes would watch as she focused on his words. He'd allow her a glimpse into his childhood telling her of his tree climbing uncle and the struggle it was to eventually master such a feat. Rhythm couldn't help the amused smile that played on her features, "Maybe we should have tried some of that in the orchard." a giggle followed her words as she tried to make her injury into a joke. She didn't want him to feel bad about what had happened, she knew what she was getting into when she agreed to the game.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-07-2015, 11:28 AM

It felt good to be able to talk about his past, especially to someone who hadn't been there. Rhythm didn't know all the details, all the horrible parts he ignored or attempted to forget. With her, he could paint his past as just the type of picture he liked to look at. It wasn't that he was lying to her, he wouldn't do that, but he could delicately leave out parts that he didn't like to talk about. Parts that hurt him. There was one part he rarely talked about, one that he didn't like to remember but was constantly reminded of every day that he existed. "Maybe," he breathed, hinting that he was now far too lost in his thoughts to really know what she'd said. "Can I tell you another story?" he queried with absolute sincerity, his emerald eyes shifting toward her with a faraway glean. "It's not embarrassing, per say, but I want you to hear it." He'd told only one other - Rhythm, and that had been out of necessity, not out of desire. He had been forced to tell her because of the circumstances he lived in. Rhythm, on the other hand, he simply wanted to tell her. He knew she would understand, wouldn't pity him or look down on him. She wouldn't think him weak, or fragile, or frail. He lay still, gazing at her and wondering if she would oblige him and listen to just one more tale.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-07-2015, 11:44 AM

There wasn't much of an answer in her little musings, but with one word he could easily quiet her. Rhythm's giggle would settle as she perked her ears towards him, a sudden seriousness falling over her as she watched Kyarst wade through his thoughts. "Can I tell you another story?" She would nod, not wanting her voice to disturb him. Her foot had become completely forgotten as she found herself at the edge of her seat. What kind of story did he wish to tell? Was it the kind of story that she should offer her shoulder in comfort like when they'd spoken of their lost loved ones? He seemed distant, "I'll listen." She'd offer softly, he wanted her to hear this. The corners of her lips turned up softly in encouragement, he could trust her with this story.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-07-2015, 01:29 PM

She affirmed his beliefs. She would listen. She wanted to hear as much as he wanted to tell, and so he would find himself seeking the words. His mind fought him, for the very existence of this story was enough to prove him a vulnerable creature - a fact he'd spent a lifetime trying to deny. Still, some part of him wanted her to know that he was vulnerable, to know that he had faults - and in turn she might accept them for what they made him to be. A sigh fell from his lips, nearly inaudible but present nevertheless. "I was a child, a season old - maybe two. Damn, it seems like so long ago now..." Indeed, it did. "Anyway, I was out exploring. I wasn't supposed to be - at least they made it seem that way. A volcano had erupted only hours before, but it was a good long way from where I lived and so I hadn't really thought about it much. I knew the adults all seemed tense about it, but why the hell should I have cared about it? I was out, chasing a rabbit or something like that, and suddenly everything went dark. I was coughing, hacking, dying. She came and found me, this woman named Sixx. I think she was one of my father's women, they all were back then. She pulled me out of it - the cloud or whatever that had taken over most of our territory. My insides were burning and stinging like hell, and no one knew what to do. It took hours for the burning to stop, and the healers said my lungs were permanently damaged." He paused, remembering the feeling. "I haven't been the same since then. I don't get attacks as often as before, but there's been times when I haven't been able to breathe or even move. I've blacked out a time or two." As he said it he regretted saying anything at all. This was something he didn't tell most, and now that he'd chosen to tell her he wondered if it hadn't been the smartest of moves. "Listen," he started, a dead seriousness to his tone. "I don't share this with everyone and I'd like it if no one else found out." There was only one other soul who knew (besides those who'd been in Glaciem with him) and that was Mercy. Anxiety crept into his core as he awaited her response, half expecting her to laugh at the lung-crippled Praesidio before her.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Rhythm really had no idea what to expect when it came to this story, the way Kyarst lowered his voice and and seemed almost pained to tell it. Should she let him continue? He seemed distressed (or as close to that as he could get. He 'd been pretty worried about her foot that she was trying not to think about.) She wondered if she shouldn't have agreed, but he would continue. He'd take her back to his early pup hood and began to explain to her the events leading up to his greatest weakness. His lungs had been badly damaged due to the smoke he had inhaled. Rhythms perked ears had slowly fallen to a more solemn position, she could have felt sorry for him but really she found herself thankful he was even alive. What if he really had perished? And even though he considered it a weakness, Rhythm saw the strength he had to overcome. Yeah he still had trouble, but he was a respected active member of the pack still. That took strength.

She returned her full focus as he grew more serious and her own expression would mirror his. She would not, "No one will hear of it from my lips." she'd tell him with the utmost senserity. Rhythm would find herself smiling softly again as she reached out to nudge his cheek affectionately. "I won't promise that it will make me worry any less." she couldn't help but try to lighten the mood. She already said shed fix him up as best she could, no matter what he gave her to work with.

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-07-2015, 02:42 PM

A very, very audible sigh slipped past slightly gapped lips as she confirmed she wouldn't tell anyone. Oh damn, he'd forgotten to breathe in all that time since he'd finished talking and she had begun. He inhaled deeply and allowed his bodice to relax, unaware that it had tensed in his fear. Her smile further relaxed him, and when she leaned forward to nudge his cheek he instinctively pushed back gently. "I figured as much," he breathed with a smile. "It's really only bad when I overexert, which is why you won't see me running very often. I can still hunt and do just about everything - but I have to pace myself if my lungs start to burn." He hadn't exactly paced himself with Mercy. "I let it get too bad a few weeks ago, and I collapsed. I guess I thought I could push through it." He had wanted to push through it, because he had wanted Mercy that badly. Maybe his lungs had given him a hard time for a reason. Maybe he wasn't supposed to have her whenever he wanted her. An ear flickered idly as he cast his gaze directly in line with Rhythm's vision. "I want you to know that I'm perfectly capable of protecting Imperium, it would kill me if you ever thought otherwise." He would fight till his dying breath for his home, and he'd be damned if anyone ever thought he wouldn't.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-08-2015, 11:36 AM

He wasn't quite so obviously relieved at her words but she was keenly more aware of his breathing. Really the knowledge he'd given her might one day save his life. She hoped she would never have to see him like he described, prayed that he would realize his limits better than he had a few weeks ago. However, she couldn't even begin to see the future and would have to prepare. The damage had been done, there was no repairing the damage the volcanic ash brought.

He seemed to relax though, and that was enough for her. She couldn't treat him like some bomb with an unknown timer, what was going to happen would happen, and now she would't be struggling to figure out what was going on. She would find him searching for her gaze as he assured her he was perfectly capable to protecting Imperium. "I know, Kyarst. I saw you navigate through the Orchard with your eyes closed. I could never doubt your capability." Her voice was serious, but she said her words with a confident smile. Rhythm believed in him.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-08-2015, 03:35 PM

She seemed to know that he was completely capable of protecting Imperium, and without hesitation a rather stern syllable would fall from his lips. "Good." It came out much more harsh than he had intended, and a sigh quickly followed. "I'm sorry, I'm not good at this." He really wasn't. An ear laid back against his skull, mirrored by the other one. It wasn't easy talking about weaknesses, but he felt it necessary - especially after what had happened with Mercy. Emerald eyes softened as his ears returned to their normal relaxed position, his side twitching with slow, even breaths. "Are you feeling alright? Is there something I can get for you?" He was still perfectly able-bodied, and so if she required something now was the time to tell him so he could fetch it before he left her. "Will you be able to get around at all?" He really didn't want to leave her if she couldn't defend herself or get herself to shelter if a storm brewed quickly.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-11-2015, 05:16 PM

Her dark ears would fall to her skull at his rather harsh word, but she hadn't thought to say anything. Even without his explanation she realized how difficult it had been for him to tell her something so revealing about himself. She didn't know how deep it went but his pride in his strength was something she would have never doubted or insulted. Rhythm would shake her head at his apology and their conversation would quickly turn back to her and the injury she sustained bringing her mind back to it all at once. She'd physically flinch as the pain was again at the forefront of her mind. "Pain killers." She'd tell him bluntly, which one she wanted to use though was another question all together. As long as she was going to be on her own though she didn't want to be with out some sort of mind altering substance. "And that would depend on which one I decide to take." She knew there had been some cannabis in the range, that worked decently well, she didn't want to use wolfsbane or wintergreen those were pretty dangerous. Poppy seeds would have just sat her on her ass. "You wouldn't know what cannabis looks like?"

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-12-2015, 02:30 PM

Pain killers. Well, he ought to have thought of that. Trouble was, he had absolutely no idea what a pain killing herb or leaf or flower or whatever the hell she used looked like - and he didn't imagine he'd figure it out anytime soon, either. She seemed to be thinking, most likely about what sort of pain killer she wanted him to fetch for her. Oh, damn maybe this wasn't a good idea. Finally she queried, and both ears fell back over his skull. Did he know what Cannabis looked like? Not one earthly clue. "Uh.. can you describe it?" That was probably the better idea. He shifted his weight idly, hoping that she might could give an accurate enough description so that he could find what she wanted. He also found himself praying that Cannabis looked unique enough that he wouldn't mistake another plant for it.. and kill her. That would be horrible.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-12-2015, 08:38 PM

Kyarst would look a little concerned as she asked him if he recognized her chosen plant, with his ears pulled back and that nervous look in his eye she had to believe that he had little to no healing knowledge. She'd know if he brought her the wrong plant though, there wasn't much else that looked like the leafy budded plants thta offered safe pain relief. Or at least make her not care so much about what pain she did have. Sleep would be taht much easier as well. She needed some rest after their day. "Well, it's kind of bush like. It has crystal-y buds that almost look like flowers with a seven pointed leaf. They also smell kind of skunky." It was hard to miss this unique plant. "I could try and come with you?" Though she knew she was already going to be sore in the morning.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
05-12-2015, 09:39 PM

He wasn't the nervous, neurotic type, but given a task that he had absolutely no clue how to complete that could potentially harm one of his closest friends.. he was nervous as hell. Ears remained tucked tightly across his cobalt head as he eyed her, listening closely to the words that came out of her mouth - as if her life depended on it. He didn't know about healing, so it was all frightening and deadly in his mind. Witchcraft and sorcery, mingled with insane amounts of knowledge. That was healing. He memorized the details she offered to him, and then found himself releasing a sigh as she offered to come with him. It was clear she knew how nervous this made him. "No, no.. I can do this." There was no way, with the amount of pride in his chest, that he would ever allow her to join him when she was injured. He would just have to suck it up and come through.. for her. "Do you know where I should look first?" That would narrow down his target area, from there he knew he would be on his own to locate it. The skunk-y smell would certainly help, though he imagined sight would be his greatest tool in this search. He rose to his paws, eager to help her though still obviously nervous about the task before him. He tried his best to relax his ears, attempting to lessen her fears and simultaneously reassure himself.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
05-13-2015, 12:30 PM

The nervousness was not all she saw in him, she could see how much he wanted to do well for her. She knew how impossible it felt trying to find plants you weren't familiar with, and while she had been dabbling in the properties of plants for about as long as she could remember he was obviously clueless to the species that lived around him. Not that she would think any less of him for it. His expertise was in scouting, fighting, protecting.. it was her job to fix him back up. With a sigh though he would not seek out her help, he could do this. She would nod confidently, "I've seen some in the Range, though i'm sorry you've had to travel all over the territory just for me." Though she wouldn't call him off, already he was up and quite ready to devote himself to this cause. Dark ears would fall to her head as she looked up to him gratefully. "Thank you."

""