Male
gems
size
Extra small
build
player
06-01-2013, 01:02 AM
PLOT TWIST.
Syrinx is officially two years old as of one hour and thirty minutes ago. Ergo, old enough to take Valhalla.
Anyone may challenge this.
Permission to PP Icarus as hun will be taking a break from Roleplaying due to real life for an unspoken about of time.

OOC: [ ]

"No," the silent whisper of the man came forth with fervor and with a willingness to correct the wronging at this meeting. This was his to undo; his battle to fight. Valhalla was officially his and he would be taking it under his metaphorical wing. A snarl was issued as his massive frame brushed passed that of Thane and various others, his immense proportions hoisting him upon the rock Cairo had stood on before him. His reign would begin with beauty, o yes. "I'll make the laws around here now," He would do his best to make Valhalla life; whether it was in the name of his father or in the name of himself he cared little. There were a change in the boy's demeanor, beyond his natural passion and fire.

Eyes fled to the white man known as Icarus, he whom had remained silence and Syrinx tossed his head to the side, "You are dismissed, your service is no longer required," Brash and independent he turned to the wolves of Valhalla, an odd look about him, and his brilliant gaze carried across the each of them. Epiphron. Chrysanthe. Attempting to resign and return to some foolish lover? No, no, that was not how it was going to work; though he would comply as far as the ruler of the pack would go. Valhalla would belong to no one other than an Adravendi, of that, the russet lord stood before them; certain of.

"Chrysanthe will be my second in command; Epiphron you will act as my beta. Aislyn, you will retain your position until I say otherwise, don't disappoint me," it was a grave warning, Valhalla would not thrive on disappointment, no longer. Warriors. Warriors were what he wanted; what he craved, and thus his eyes would fly around, prodding and searching, eager to find himself his next targets, "I lie," he would confess this with readiness, his eyes flickering over to Epiphron, "you will be my heir," Silence consumed the king yet again and his posterior fell upon the stone. The reign of the Adravendi children, it would be a good one.

"Evelette will act as a beta," Eyes swept the arena once more before he were finished, "I apologize for my lack of appearance in Valhalla, you will all see more of me, if any were high ranked or wish to aspire in ranks, see me, I will come," he would be a king that acted quickly and with honor, not someone that was rarely seen. Though, anyone that dare compare his rule to that of Cairo's they would be shamed. He were not Cairo, and allowing them to think otherwise, that was something Collision had been far too nice about. He would run things in a manner most righteous.

"Speech!".

TABLE + CODING BY KSI

Evelette

gems
size
build
player
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM

Evelette would remain silent, allowing the others to speak as they would, she had been with Valhalla half a year, long enough to know the vast majority by name and scent but not well enough to truly state her opinion on matters. A new leader was surmised and it seemed just as quickly as it arrived, such would be reworked. Epiphron was willing to give her throne to Chrysanthe in exchange for marrying the Seracian prince. Surprise would flicker across her maw but she would let these dramas play out before her, she had no part in such things, it wasn't her place to interfere. Her tail battered ceaselessly behind her, and just when she rose to stand, an all too familiar voice would sound behind her.

Syrinx would brush through the crowds, voice strong and look determined, as he passed by her, she dipped her skull out of respect, she hadn't told anyone of Valhalla her... victory on the field of battle, she wasn't particularly proud of it, but she would never be seen as weak again, and that was worth the taste of iron that still lingered in her mouth. Syrinx would take his throne, daring anyone with a heady glare to challenge him. He would deny Epiphron and just as quickly he would change his mind making her his heir. An uneasy tension settled in the air, but his next lyrics were just about enough to stop her poor heart.

Crystalline blue eyes widened rather comically and her maw fell open in shock. The absolute stunned silence that settled over her was read in every line in her face. She? A beta? She had no idea, his opinion of her was so high, what could she have possibly done to make him see her at such a honorable level. It took a long moment of gaping like a beached whale for her to clamp her jaws together and humbling dip her head. "I know not of what to say, I don't feel thanks is sufficient enough for the honor I feel at such a privilege, I only hope I can aide Valhalla in whatever way is needed of me." her words would come soft and gentle, lyrics spilling forth with grace as she attempted to reign in her shock.

Speech!

Chrysanthe

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-01-2013, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 01:37 AM by Chrysanthe.)
His deep voice was barely recognized by his own sister. It had been so long since she had spoken to him, seen him, their own father thought that he had vanished. And so his appearance, at first, sparked a bit of joy within the female's heart. And then, he spoke - and Chrysanthe froze, her veins filling with ice as he took on the tone of a tyrant. She held back a snarl, curling toward him but saying nothing.

He dismissed Icarus, something that neither pleased her nor made her angry - the man had been silent thus far, and she, as well as many of the others here were probably tired of waiting for his input. Yet the way that he was dismissed only added to the dark edge that her bright eyed brother had brought to this gathering. He was here, after being gone for so long - and already making rules and demands and she felt her frustration coil into white hot rage as he had the audacity to start giving out ranks as well.

Her stomach was still in knots, but her nausea would be placed aside as she stared the bastard down, her ears pulling back in aggitation as she closed the distance between then just slightly. "You think that you can march in here after months of being missing and take this pack as your own?" She asked quietly, bitterness on the edge of her words. "I will not be second to you Syrinx - you will prove yourself just as I have, as Epiphron has - and if it has to be done right here then so be it!" She barked, and for the first time in a long time her temper truly flared.

He thought himself high and mighty? She would cut him down where he stood.

"Father gave the throne to Icarus, to hand to Epiphron who has just handed it to me. That leaves me in charge, and I am the wolf that you have to go through before you start barking orders." She wasn't completely up for this, there was something wrong with her stomach and she had been so tired - but fire and fury and adrenaline and the need to protect these wolves from the beast that her brother had become pushed her higher. "Wolves of Valhalla this meeting is ajurned - it is now a challenge for the throne. I am sorry about the interruption, but this is something that has to be done." She was doing it for them - she hoped that they would understand.

And then her attention was back on her brother, her blue eyes steeled and her body tense. He would be a fool not to recognize her stance - that of a warrior prepared to fight. Her eyes narrowed at him, her claws clenching at the ground beneath her. The hackles along her back and neck were raised, her shoulders rolled and tensed to protect the sides of her neck, and her head was lowered over her throat, her lips raised into a silent snarl.

"Your move."

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
06-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Erani

Erani waited for Icarus to speak, but instead, Epiphron spoke. Erani?s ears pricked forward as the words sank in, and pride swelled in her heart for the younger female. She was making an honorable decision that would suit Valhalla and Seracia well. She wholeheartedly agreed with Epiphron?s choice, and caught the young female?s eyes, giving a nod of pleasure, a full smile filling her face. Instead of a sad occasion, this marriage coming up would be one of joy if things went well. Aislyn said her piece, and Erani was, for once, glad to hear what she said.

She glanced around. It seemed everyone was pleased with this proposal. Her eyes caught on Rayne. The white female was looking uneasy. Then decided. Erani flicked an ear. Then looked up as Chrysanthe spoke up, and her smile broke into a happy pant as Chrysanthe accepted the proposal. But the smile froze on her face as a deep voice hissed one word. No. Her head swiveled, smile gone, to see who had spoken. Syrinx. Oh he had grown so much. But there was a new glint in his eyes. It worried her. He spoke again, taking the place Cairo had just vacated. Erani?s head tilted. Then her ears flattened as he began rapping out commands, setting ranks. He gave no choices, and his words to Aislyn seemed almost like a threat.

The female he set as second Beta, seemed alarmed at her sudden rise to new status, and though she accepted it, she still seemed shocked. That was nothing. Chrysanthe. Sweet, unflappable, stoic Chrysanthe, showed her mettle. She stepped up and challenged Syrinx. Erani was anxious with turmoil. She saw them both as her children, and no mother ever enjoys seeing her children fight. But Chrysanthe did make good points. However, Syrinx was the heir. Chrysanthe spoke to them, ending the meeting. Erani?s ears flattened and she nodded. She was not an Adravendi. Cairo had been right about that. Her input was unneeded. She turned her attention to her children. ?Come, children. It?s time to head back to the den. Quickly now, loves.?

She rose to her paws and began herding her pups toward the den, casting a look over her shoulder at the two siblings.

-exit Erani and Family, Pups can post exits if they want, but I?ll assume that they all followed, so we don?t clutter up the thread.-

Syrinx

Loner

Male
gems
size
Extra small
build
player
06-01-2013, 02:27 AM

HUSH LITTLE BABY DON'T SAY A WORD

nevermind that noise you heard

Boiling blood, racing heart, these were the things that encompassed him. Cadaverous and dangerous he seethed in his hatred. Ramification had come on swift wings, those baring angelic wings of his graceful sister and he could not have been more pleased; here she were; a woman of prowess and elegance ready to fight for all that was hers. Ready to stand and defend. There would be no denouncing her words, for it was not what they had come here to do, this would be a quick, merciless, and bloody fight. This would be the fight of the century. Blood versus blood in an unholy altercation. It was, arguably, the most toxic battle any had witnessed and any would witness. The blood, the profuse amount that would roll from the stone they stood on, o how abound and beautiful it would be. show me what it's like to love.

Legs staggered out and the king's tail threw back as a counterweight, his balance trailed between all of his limbs and his head fell low, placing his entire body in one straight line, in alignment with his spine. Ears pinned, quickly, against his red skull, and his eyes zeroed in on her bodice. No going back, sister? No, very well. Warmed body and elevated heart rate, the king knocked his chin back towards his chest and protected his vitals. There would be hell to pay in this fight, and it seemed as both were willing bidders. He just prayed that she remembered; she had asked for this.

One thing he utilized against her; his size. Say your prayers. The man's frame burst forward, chest aiming to press into her mid chest, or muzzle, given the positioning of her face, and of her smaller stature. Knees bent, slightly to improve balance, the giant would pivot to his own right at about a 45 degree angle and would attempt to send his teeth barreling for her left ear. Nails clicked, noisily, against the stone they fought upon, and with a, hopefully, successful attack he would force his weight forward to propel her off of the great rock. This ends tonight, Chrysanthe. Passion, it suited him, quite well, too well. Right fore-limb would, simultaneously, attempt to slam into the side of her left fore-limb and unbalance her. During said attack, balance would transfer to his left, equalizing between his remaining three limbs. Finally, shoulders would surge forward, surrounding his neck in bountiful fur and fat, giving him an impenetrable wall.

Syrinx vs. Chrysanthe

for Valhalla leadership

1/3

Chrysanthe

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-01-2013, 03:06 AM
There was no going back now. The look in his eyes said it all - he would not renounce his faux leadership - faux, because he had all but vanished when Valhalla needed this family and come back blasphemous. She would not let him tear her down, she would not let him bring Valhalla to its knees before him. Syrinx would always be her beloved brother, but at this moment he was her greatest adversary. He was what she had trained for, why she fought on the battlefield, why she pushed herself. To protect the crown, and protect the wolves of Valhalla - she would not, could not lose.

His size was a barricade, one that she would have to take into consideration during every step of this fight. She would have to be quick on her feet, fight with quick movements and never allow him to throw his weight around without her ready to counter or react. Fluid, agile in comparison to the behemoth, she would play to her strengths, while calculating his weaknesses. Her eyes were narrowed at him, devistated at how he could stand before these wolves and take what he had left behind without a hint of regret. No apologies, no explainations, only hoards upon hoards of unabolished pride and selfishness. Her hackles remained standing in her mixture of disgust and surprise, her tail raised behind her for balance and to state her dominance.

He was not what Valhalla needed. She was what Valhalla needed. And she refused to let them down.

As he rammed himself forward, she pulled to her right as quickly as she could, knowing better than to try and knock into him head on as she would an opponent on more equal grounds in terms of size. It was just enough to avoid being barreled into, and hopefully it would use his momentum against him. A complete miss - she was no fool, he had enough weight on her to end this fight with just that! His teeth pulled against the flesh just above her left ear though, as he snagged her before she could completely pull away, tugging away fur and skin as she put distance between them. His outstretched paw swiped at the side of her left leg, leaving inflamed scratches, but no blood would be drawn by his claws alone.

She would move toward him in a sudden lunge, but all four of her feet would remain planted on the ground. Her jaws were agape, her muzzle crinkled in a partial snarl, and her teeth were aimed for his side on his left, just above his flank. Her head was still lowered in an attempt to protect her throat and her shoulders rolled and tensed to protect the sides of her neck. It was a quick movement, her limbs moving fluidly she aimed to snap at him with as much pressure as her teeth could muster, preparing for her next assault. Her right paw would shoot out to try and pull at his left leg, hopefully yanking hard enough and suddenly enough to throw him off kilter. If she managed to get a grip on the flesh of his flank with her teeth, she would use it to pivot herself, tugging at his flesh as she pulled her body behind her, forming a lopsided 'T' shape with their bodies.

attacks: a bite to Syrinx's flank, clawing at his left back leg

defenses: eyes narrowed, jaws agape, head lowered, muzzle crinkled, shoulders rolled, hackles raised, feet on the ground, tail positioned for balance

injuries: scratches on her left leg, bitten above her left ear

Round one of three

Ookami

gems
size
build
player
06-01-2013, 10:36 AM
*Going to be short for an exit thread*
ookami stood there watching the scene unfold before her eyes, this was not goign to involve her that much. Ookami shook her head to get some of the dirt out of her fur. She was ready to head back to her den with her babies and mate. She nuzzled Thane and smiled at him. her tail swayed gently as she closed her eyes a bit. "Thane i need to get back to the babies." She spoke as she nuzzled him once more and turned around. She padded away and headed back to her den where her newborns waited for her return. She knew that her babies might be cold, and hungry. Possibly crying for their mother, she needed to make it there soon, so she took off in a jog. She did not look back at who was there, her babies were her first priority at this time.
[Exit Ookami]

Syrinx

Loner

Male
gems
size
Extra small
build
player
06-01-2013, 11:30 AM

HUSH LITTLE BABY DON'T SAY A WORD

nevermind that noise you heard

He was quick and doing what was necessary, he would lead Valhalla to victory and this battle did not mean his sister would be condemned; no no, it meant that if he were to win, she would still be at his side. Why? Easy; she would have displayed poise and readiness to claim what was hers. A fever to fight, that was what he needed those around him to be filled with. They needed to know that those that were higher up took everything with a grain of salt and with the utmost readiness.

Where he had mass and perfect compilation, she had more agility and evasion technique. A smile curved his slavering jaws and the man pushed his body forward, falling in beside hers. As she came into a an oblong 'T' (proclaimed by chrys; ergo fine for following) the beast turned his head towards her own, after easily gliding through the end of her ear and, hopefully, severing just the end. Eyes vividly watched as her teeth raged forward, ferocious and guarded to throw themselves into his flesh. His hips turned towards her, his own left, attempting to slam into her muzzle, her jaws, and render her dazed. Simultaneously, teeth would surge forward, attempting to rip through the flesh of her mid-right rib-cage. His own left paw would move, attempting to wrap over her back, for now, there would be no time to rise over her, but there would be time to do exactly this.

Anger fueled the prodigal son and he kept his ears pressed tightly against his head, eyes narrowed in on the fleshy part of her mid-ribs, and his knees bent for an additive of balance. Weight was equally distributed between three limbs (back two and front right) Tail threw backwards, raised in alignment with his spine, shoulders threw themselves forward to surround his neck in fur, fat, and flesh. Jaws were, obviously, opened, and his body constantly pushed forward to keep his chin as lose to his chest as was conceivably possible.

Syrinx vs. Chrysanthe

for Valhalla leadership

2/3

Aislyn I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-01-2013, 11:37 AM

Aislyn

Things seemed to be going as well as they could. The daughters came to an agreement that she had approved of, and things seemed to be turning around... Until he came. Syrinx. His name left a nasty taste in her mouth, a cloud of toxic waste in her brain. He was a trouble child, one who would destroy Valhalla if it fell into his paws. Heir or not things had changed, he had changed. Cairo may had seen his only son fit in the past, but now everything had twisted and turned into a new dawn. His daughters had proven worthy more than that bastard could in a life time. Where was he when important matters were happening, or when his sisters needed him, when Valhalla needed him? No. She would not let this happen. She went to speak up, tear his tail off his ass, but Chrysanthe beat her to it. She still arose, ears pinned, tail flagged, head tipped down to protect her throat. "You have no right to claim Valhalla as your own. You have been hiding in the shadows since day one, and just because you have aged another year, doesn't mean you possess the qualities of a good leader. If Chrysanthe loses this battle, I will be next to challenge you. I will not let my home fall into the paws of an ungrateful child!" Words ended with a vicious snap of the woman's teeth as she lashed toward the little bastard. She would wait her turn, though she doubted the princess would lose. But, if she did, Aislyn would go down fighting for her home. She had ruled this kingdom once, and she could do it again. She would die for this little piece of land, because, it was her home. These people were her family. She wouldn't let Syrinx ruin that.

She looked out toward the crowd, noticing some of the members were leaving. Liberty. She needed to get her out of here. "Erani!" She called out as she watched the woman begin to leave. Her and Erani had a twisted past, but she knew well enough she would treat Liberty as if she was her own. Besides, she had children of her own, and Liberty was itching to play with someone her own age. "Take my daughter with you, I may be here longer than I had hoped. My.. husband(she said hesitantly).. is gone at the moment, so i'm trusting you to watch her until I can retrieve her." She nodded toward the ivory dame, then looked down at her child. "Go with her love, she has children not much older than you, and I know you've been dying to have some friends. I'll come get you once i'm done here, I promise." She leaned down and kissed her gently on top of her fragile head. She loved her so much, and would destroy the world if anything ever happened to her. With that she turned to watch the fight between the Adravendi siblings, waiting her turn for a stab at that little bastard.

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
06-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Aislyn spoke up before Chrysanthe even had a chance to open her jaws to reply. She agreed with Epiphron's decision, and while the woman normally would've wondered if her eagerness to see Chrysanthe as leader meant that she viewed her as superior to Epiphron, she felt oddly calmed by the Beta's verbal approval.

At first, Chrysanthe seemed as though she might speak out in protest, unsure whether she should go along with it or not. But they'd talked earlier, toying with the possibility of them swapping positions -- and it seemed a plausible choice. But her sister soon accepted, humbly and yet proudly, saying she would be happy to be Alpha if that was what she desired. And she did. Epiphron grinned with affection, her tail wagging behind her formerly still frame, and she leaned over to gently tap Chrysanthe's shoulder. The decision had been made -- they would follow through with the plan that had been conjured up, for it seemed to be the one that would provide the greatest benefit to Valhalla, and the least pain for both of the sisters. Before she knew it, her sister -- her other half -- was thanking her and embracing her. Not just for stepping down, but for saving her from being forced into a marriage she never wanted, from the possibility of ruining a future that Epiphron knew she wanted with Gideon. It was a secret, shared between the two, that made the embrace even more emotional. Epiphron swore she felt tears bubbling in her own eyes, but she stifled the emotions as Syrinx's voice cut through the meeting.

It seemed her brother had a bad habit of disappearing when he was needed, and miraculously conjuring himself up when he really, truly was not. Slowly she turned to face him as he pulled himself tall, waltzing through the crowd as though Valhalla was already his. She loved him dearly, and yet an annoyed wrinkle was visible on her snout. "I'll make the laws around here now," he began, and a threatening snarl erupted from her throat suddenly. She cared not that he had been promised Valhalla; he deserved it less than anyone here, save perhaps Neo. He had been absent as of late, thoroughly unhelpful as Epiphron struggled to bring the Valhallan wolves together and manage the best she could, being thrust suddenly into the position of Alpha with no training or guidance. Collision had disappeared; her father was too ill to train her; and why Icarus had been chosen, she was not sure, for he had done even less than Syrinx for her family.

Despite this, though, the boy was unstable -- he'd always been different than his siblings. More jaded. Disturbed. He would not bring Valhalla the greatness he promised, but instead would run it into the ground, she was sure of it. His very attitude, his unfounded self-righteousness showed her that he would be nothing less than a dictator. He clearly cared not what the wolves of Valhalla wanted, only what he felt as though he deserved. Even Epiphron was not that egotistic.

He began to spit out decisions as though he was obligated to them, and she forced down the bile that bubbled in her throat. He had done nothing to earn the throne, and she would fight for it if need be, and hand it to Chrysanthe. "Syrinx, I will not be Valhalla's heir," she barked authoritatively. "I know you have been absent, so perhaps you are unaware of the alliance forming between Seracia and Valhalla? I will be going to the kingdom of Seracia this Winter to wed Maverick, to seal an alliance that is far more important than any rule you might see fit to enforce." It would be unwise to not follow through with the deal now; Valhalla had promised a bride for Maverick, and so one would be produced, an Adravendi -- not Chrysanthe, and certainly not Eos. It had to be her, and even Syrinx would not stop her.

Chrysanthe spoke up, confirming her place as the ruler of Valhalla. In all honesty, they would both act as equals, provided she gained Gerhardt's approval first -- hopefully her sister knew they had another obstacle to tackle before this would be set in stone. Before she could say another word, Chrysanthe challenged him for leadership. Her hackles would raise, the woman feeling rather upset that Syrinx had barged in so suddenly, with infuriating coolness, as though he had ruled to begin with, as though he belonged in her position. And he did not. Slowly she backed away from the two, though she held herself as though she might attack at any moment. And she wouldn't, but she grew suddenly unsure of her brother and his intentions.

Silent engulfed her as she reclined again, eyes alight with fire as she watched the fight unfold. Despite her lack of words, she was growing increasingly passionate. If Chrysanthe lost, she would fight Syrinx herself and hand the throne to her sister -- but if he sister lost, she was unsure if she would do much better against the brute.

Chrysanthe

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
06-01-2013, 01:50 PM
She moved her body into this perpendicular position so that she would have that much leverage on her larger sibling. Should he thrust his teeth toward her, she would be able to see it in the corner of her eyes, react to it, and hopefully avoid the attack before it became something lethal. Her eyes were narrowed, ears flattened, her tail now moving with her and raised to be level to keep her balanced. Her beast of a brother made no move to separate her jowls from his flank, only moved toward her as she began yanking on his flesh. Did he not feel the pain? Was she so insignificant to his massive frame? She honestly did not know, she had never fought a wolf so large before, even though she had lived among them her entire life as an Adravendi. As quickly as she managed to bite into her brother, she would yank on the flesh and fur that caught between her teeth. Her weight was balanced on all four of her legs as she pulled. He didn't move against her attempt to unbalance him with her right paw either, and as she backed up, she attempted to pull his back left leg along with her. Her nails clinked against the stone as she did so, attempting to put a bit of traction between she and the ground. Hopefully she'd be that much harder to push around.

When he swung his hips into her, she hadn't expected the sudden thrust - and she lost her attempted grip on the male before she could gauge how much damage she did. She tasted blood on her teeth, but there was no pride in it, this was her brother - and spilling the blood of her family would never taste sweet. Her muzzle fell flat against his side, as he thrust himself toward her, leaving her slightly battered, but not disoriented. Her muzzle crinkled as she snarled, her jaws agape and her hackles raised along her spine as she pulled herself back enough to move her head and re-position to attack. Her head was lowered over her throat, but she still watched him, felt him move toward her with his head, his teeth prepared to strike. Like a snake he would surge forth and like a cobra he would strike.

She instinctively pulled further to her right as he pushed his front toward her side. It was not enough to avoid his teeth, and she felt them slide over her flesh, tearing at her side and leaving a wound that might just be similar to the one that she tried to give him. The pain was sudden, white hot and horrendous, yet she expected it - would not falter because of it. Watching and reacting to his movements as sharply as possible she faintly realized there was an imbalance. She had made his back left leg a target, and he raised his front left leg to try and lift over her back. And so the dame would thrust her lowered head at his left hind leg while pivoting further to her right, attempting to wrap her jaws around it just where his stifle met his hock. All four of her feet would be on the ground once more, as this time she would try and unbalance him with her teeth and not her paws.

His left paw would not completely wrap around her because of her reaction to his movement and moving to the right, but it would land on her side where his claws were free to scratch down the side he had just wounded. Whether he would follow her in her movements or not she was unsure - but if he kept his leg up he would be left with one leg on his left being attacked and the other suspended. Her hind legs were squared, and her knees bent for balance - and she was prepared to spring should she be given the chance. All she needed was a moment - his size made it difficult to fight the way that she was used to, playing on her strength and keeping at close quarters, but if she could force a single opening for her to gain the upper hand, she would seize it.

------------------------------

ooc: you didn't respond to Chrys swiping at his back left leg? I know Syrinx is probably big enough to ignore it |3 I don't even know what I would do in assuming it hit, she was trying to affect his balance. Also, I'm going to assume you meant her left rib cage with the attack with his teeth ^^;;; I have no idea how he'd get around to her right.

attacks: bite to Syrinx's back left leg

defenses: eyes narrowed, ears flattened, tail raised for balance, weight shifted onto all four feet, shoulders rolled, nails scraping against the stone for traction, muzzle crinkled, hackles raised, back legs squared and ready to spring, knees bent for balance

injuries: scratches on her left leg, bitten above her left ear, wounded on her left side

Round two of three

Obsidian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
06-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Obsidian watched with interest as wolves arrived, and announcements were made by the great brown male, Cairo. Her tail flicked lightly as she listened. What the male had to say seemed to upset several wolves. He himself seemed very upset, and left soon after. A small white female left just after him, looking panicked. Obsidian tossed her head lightly as the events escalated swiftly, and another brown male arrived. Then, the meeting was suddenly being ended. The dark faced female, Chrysanthe was challenging the male who had arrived.

Erani was gathering her children, and the white beta called out to Erani, sending her own child with Erani and her pups. Obsidian turned and began following behind, head low and snaking to help keep the pups in a group. Behind, the fight was beginning, and a black ear flicked backward to listen. She liked Chrysanthe. The young wolf was one of the few that actually took the time to chat with a horse. Deep down, she wanted Chrysanthe to win the battle. It would mean that she was fully he lead ?Mare? of Valhalla. Er. Alpha, she corrected herself as she trotted after the pups.

Cairo

gems
size
build
player
06-01-2013, 06:33 PM
He had wanted to shamelessly ignore their calls however with each word that he heard from them his heart broke a little more. He had not known that Syrinx would be coming, he had not known that his first born would come with more than simple eagerness to lead. No, what he heard explode behind him was horror in play and what he was faced to turn around to frightened, sickened, and threatened his very well being. Teeth mashed against flesh, snarls and vehement rage courses through each and every one of the voices he turned to, and the old man would rotate, his eyes falling heavily and sadly upon the sight of his first born son and first born daughter at arms.

He opened his mouth to speak against the noise and the sounds, but what came was silence, what came was a ghostly expression voraciously ravaging his once powerful gaze. This was retribution and pain, this were the beginning of the end. He could feel heat cover him and he could feel something strange brew in his chest. A dangerous feeling exploited him in silence and the beast fell to the ground; the stone on which he stood. Motionless and seemingly lifeless. A heart attack would be the beginning of the rest of his life

Ooc; Cairo is not dead...yet.

Also syrinx would be attacking her right if she is attacking his left and they are side by side with her head at his rear.

Evelette

gems
size
build
player
06-01-2013, 06:42 PM

Evelette would be the first to move, her crystalline blue eyes widening as blood challenged blood, such ferocity, such aggression, was Valhalla not supposed to be a family? Was this not the same blood Syrinx had been so adamant to protect a few moments prior? No, this could not be, such hatred, such animosity! It made her see the error of her own ways and for the first time she felt guilt for what she had done to Morgan. The ivory woman's jaws would part, panic and horror blossoming in her gaze as the two ripped from their positions, coming after one another with blood lust and hatred brimming in the snarls and naps that ripped free from their chests. She wanted to speak, to say something, anything to make them stop, to make them see, but no words would fall and the ivory goddess would turn to their maker who watched in silent horror.

Her feet would propel her before her brain could catch up as the massive leader would collapse upon the earth. Her lithe bodice was traipsing over the terrain without thought or care for her own safety, someone's talons racked her flank but she had set her sights upon the King, the male she had never met personally but had heard so much goodness about. Scaling the stone and paying no one else any mind, she would nudge her body beneath his side, allowing his head and upper torso to rest against her own, a cushion. She was no healer, she knew not how to fix him, but God damn it he did not deserve to die alone.

A horrendous howl would rip from her larynx, a sound demanding a healer, anyone, everyone. His children would have to wait, she couldn't save all three, and she had chosen the elder. She wrapped her neck around the base of his own, cradling him to her, in a desperate attempt to stop whatever had seized his body. She had never felt so useless in all her life.

(((OOC: I realize I power-played Cairo a bit and if y'all want me to change it I will ;) )))

Speech!

Cormalin

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Cormalin

Luna?s Bright Pelt, things moved fast in this pack. Cormalin frowned gently as Cairo spoke. Chrysanthe spoke up, showing a sign of her true mettle, but it subsided almost as soon as it had flared. Cairo spoke to his daughter with all the love a father could show for a child of his blood. Cormalin glanced at Erani, wondering how she was feeling about her continued lack of rank. She wasn?t showing anything, just looking steadily and sadly up at the old Alpha. His attention returned to the front. So Collision had stepped down. And there was Soleil. She was here, and her mate hadn?t even had the decency to be with her. He could smell nothing of Collision on the light breeze coming toward him as it brought her scent to him. No trace. His muzzle wrinkled in distaste.

Cairo spotted her as well. The sight of Soleil, whom he, Cairo, had told Erani was dying, seemed to shatter the old male?s emotions the most. He left swiftly, and Soleil ran after him. Cormalin felt Erani?s muscles tense, as though she wanted to follow the old male. Then the forced relaxation as she turned her head to study the younger male Cairo had set before them. Icarus. Cormalin studied the male as well. If he was to be their new Alpha, with Epiphron alongside him, Cormalin wanted to see what this fellow, who had a look of a seasoned warrior, would bring to Valhalla. He wanted the male to speak to them, but he just sat there. Epiphron spoke instead, and Cormalin?s ears perked as her voice fell upon their ears.

He liked what he was hearing. She was resigning from the high rank he?d known that she had once wanted. She was stepping down, and offering to switch places with Chrysanthe to wed the Seracian Prince, Maverick. From the last meeting, he?d seen her quickly hidden pain at the news of the betrothal between her sister and the Prince. He had sensed that the pain had a great deal to do with that male. Erani had been infuriated. He smiled. He had a feeling he knew what was up now. The smile grew as Chrysanthe accepted. Long, thickly furred tail thumped heavily, and he noticed Erani?s pleasure as well.

Then his stilled as a young, deep voice uttered a hissed word. He turned his head at the same time as Erani. The male who was gliding through the crowd could have been mistaken for Cairo, if it weren?t for the tell tale lower jaw. Syrinx had returned. He felt Erani tense, saw her ears drop back a little. She had always had a good sense of character, something that could have saved Redwood Pack if they had all listened to her anxiety about the three wolves the Alphas had allowed into the ranks. Her unease and lack of joy at the sight of Syrinx told him that the return of the original heir wasn?t a good thing. He rose to his paws as Syrinx spoke again, watching the son of Cairo leap lightly onto Cairo?s vacated seat.

He listened with growing unease as the male barked out orders then openly lied and took back one of the orders. If he wasn?t mistaken, Syrinx had just demoted Aislyn without any honors for a long, faithful service, promoting a young female, Evelette straight to Beta status. Cormalin glanced at the female. She looked as though her heart had stuttered to a halt. She hesitantly accepted the station, but he could see she didn?t feel as though she rightly deserved it. The shock was evident.

His head whipped back as Chrysanthe?s voice sang over his ears. Her voice was quiet as she spoke, but he heard the anger in her tone. That spark she had shown earlier this meeting had flared again, and this time it survived to become a flame as she barked out her words. He was impressed, pleased. She wasn?t going with the flow anymore. She was standing for her pack. She had issued a challenge, and swiftly, she ended the meeting. Erani quickly began gathering her children. Aislyn called out to his sister, and he paused in his helping gather the pups. Quickly, he helped add Liberty to his rabble of Nieces and Nephews, and let Obsidian snake them after Erani.

Cormalin turned away as they slid into the forest, and turned to gaze at the fight that was beginning. He would stand with the ones who had proved themselves worthy of their stations. If Chrysanthe fell, he knew Aislyn wouldn?t stand by. And Epiphron didn?t look like she would, either. So he set himself to wait. And then Cairo came back. Cormalin turned his head to look at the older male, and felt his heart stop. The wolf had fallen. Something was wrong. Cormalin was over to the old King?s side in three bounds. Evelette was there already.

Erani had taught him how to check for vital signs, and he ran through the procedure. There was breathing. But the heartbeat was strangely stuttered. What did that mean? He sent a howl to Erani. By now she and the pups would be back at the den. Obsidian was a good guardian for the pups. This wasn?t a call to a sister. It was a call for a Healer.

ooc Big fat Cormalin Post. AGH

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
06-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Erani

Erani had settled her children and Liberty with Obsidian. There was feeling that she hated in her chest. Fear. So she set the Horse to guard and keep the pups in the den, and turned back, trotting swiftly toward the recently ended meeting. She could hear the fight from here. She didn?t know what made her grab the plants she spotted, both strong herb for heart problems. And then her paws were running.

She came into the clearing just as her brother sent a howl for her. And she skidded to a halt at what she saw, herbs shuddering in her jaws. Cairo? No, not yet? She darted forward and came to the three wolves. Evelette, and Cormalin, with Cairo laying limp on the ground. The fight was a distant thing right now as she ran through the checking of vitals. The heart beat. It made her think of Adette. There had been no heart beat in that wolf, but they had been lucky to find her so soon after it had stopped.

She nosed the faded chocolate fur, running through the memory of what she had done to revive Adette. Chest compression. But that was for lungs? But the heart had started beating again.. She looked at her brother and Evelette. ?Brace him.? Her voice was steady, showing none of the terror that ran through her veins. Once they had complied, and Cairo was braced. She reared up and brought her weight down on his ribs, not hard enough to break them, but she hoped hard enough to jolt his heart. She did it again, and again. Then stopped to check the beating of the heart, praying to Luna that it would be right again. She wasn?t about to submit in this battle.

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
06-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Surreal

Surreal had snuggled down into her elder sister?s legs when the events took a turn. From sad to happy, and then to something new. The big brown male was back. But his voice was all wrong. And then she saw it. His jaw. It was bone? Where was his fur? She looked up at her sister as the male rapped out orders. This male was scary. His eyes gleamed with wrongness. She huddled closer to Epiphron as Chrysi rose. She?d never seen her sisters angry before.

She looked around as her mother called for her and her siblings. She hung back a moment, looking between the wolves that sat around her. Chrysi and the male were squaring off. Surreal gave Epi?s leg a lick then scampered after her mother, tail at a nervous half mast position, instead of it?s usual jaunty high wagging. She kept close to her mother. She wasn?t feeling very warrior like. Then a new face came in among her siblings? faces. The other pup! She gave a brave tail wag and then leaped forward as Aunt Obsidian?s teeth nipped at her bum.

They reached the den, and instead of staying, their mother left, leaving them with Obsidian. Surreal turned to the new face, and threw herself into starting a game.

=Exit Surreal=

[Image: a5Wob8t.png]
Surreal's family is allowed to crash any thread she is in, regardless of it being private or not.

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
06-03-2013, 04:05 PM

All hell broke loose. A male she had not seen before entered, staking his claim to the throne. The meeting soon broke in a challenge between Chrysanthe and this brute. She rose to her paws ready to exit but dual toned eyes drifted across the scene that was unfolding before her, eyes settling on Erani. Skull tilted to the side curiously as she reared up. Gaze dropped to the seemingly lifeless form below her. The chocolate fur was familiar. Cairo. She raced towards the crowd that was forming, weaving through bodies to come to Erani's side. Wide eyes looked at the woman, waiting for a command. She took note of the fact that Preston was nowhere to be seen. "Erani." She spoke her name softly, alerting her of her presence and desire to help. Was there anything that could be done? She didn't even know what had happened, or what was wrong. The ex-King was old, that much she knew but as far as other health problems she was in the dark. Eyes drifted to each face that surrounded her before settling back on Cairo. Ears pushed forward, on high alert for the softest of commands. What was going to happen? As soon as things settled she would leave. She knew that much. For now her focus would fall on Erani and Cairo.
"speech" thought

Arella

Somnium

gems
size
-
build
-
06-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Arella remained crouched beneath Chrysanthe's legs for some time. Sapphire blue eyes widened as the creatures began to speak. All this business-like talk was confusing to her, but she tried to pay attention as best as she could. But little of it involved her mom and dad, and no one seemed to notice her and her siblings, so she found it difficult to keep up.

Before she knew it, a big, scary looking male appeared. A fight broke out quickly. Who was this? She had no idea the male was technically her adoptive brother, since she had never met him before. Curiosity turned to fear quickly, and she withdrew from Chrysanthe's company to find her mother, who was gathering the pups.

Confused, she found herself being accompanied by another child, Liberty, being ushered back home. Aunt Obsidian ushered them home. Following Surreal, a game quickly broke out when the pups arrived in their den. Arella leapt up to nip at the horse's tail, as though she'd forgotten completely about the fight between Chrysanthe and Syrinx. No, she hadn't, but she didn't expect anything bad to happen -- such was the naivety of a child.

-exit Arella-
"Speech"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
06-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Default to Chrysanthe

Due to Syrinx not posting in the allotted time, Chrysanthe is the winner.

Syrinx must give up by either passing out, submitting, or running away.