gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
05-09-2023, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2023, 02:51 PM by Crux. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Location for Home Turf: Dreamer's Col]

This was much harder by himself. Riya was out, hunting, it seemed she preferred to hunt for herself. He'd seen her dragging whole deer up into the trees to eat and he understood why it might be easier for her to catch whatever she was planning to munch on in the tree tops. Still that didn't mean he didn't wish he didn't have help right now. He was trying, and mostly failing to drag a nice fur into the cave he'd found and claimed for his own, it was a large mostly open space that connected directly to the marketplace, there was a small side tunnel that led to where he'd set up his own sleeping area but he hadn't really known what to do with the bigger main chamber for a while, but he'd eventually realized it'd make a perfect clinic. So he was trying to set one up, as far as he was aware they didn't have a central space for that sort of thing so surely it'd help the pack right?

Well that idea was going nowhere fast, the fur he was trying to drag into the cavern was much too big to not have to drag somewhat but with his leg he was struggling to move quickly or even well. It was a slow awkward and jolting progression, and furs were just one of the things he had to do to get the space usable, to his standards at least. There were herbs bundles to be sorted, stocks to be counted and other tools to be stored.

"Speech" "Riya"

Art by Cloudy!
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Ansem

Armada
Missing

Intermediate Fighter (30)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KPride - Aromantic
05-09-2023, 03:20 PM
He was nearing a year old but wasn't quite there yet. The lanky boy was growing, mostly all legs now, but he did as his grandfather once bid when he was young and ate all his mother told him to eat, and then some! With his mother's teachings and influence, the boy had taken a liking to the herbs she worked with. He watched her work a lot, and often butted in to try and help. While he wasn't a pro by any means, he liked to think he was. He bounded around the marketplace, sticking his nose in here, bothering someone there. There was always something to see, but what caught his attention this time was catching sight of someone that seemed to be trying to drag some furs into one of the Col's many caves.

He paused for a moment, head tilting as his tail slowly began to wag but surely it gained momentum. Before anyone could stop him, he was racing towards the yearling that he hadn't quite properly met yet, and leaped onto the fur he was trying to drag. He rolled around on it, rolling onto his back and looking up at the yearling that he vaguely recognized as a...well, he couldn't remember. Their family was so dang big!

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

05-28-2023, 05:48 PM

All progress Crux was making, slow as it was, was halted when he felt a weight on the end of the fur yank his head down. Muttering under his breath he let go of his prize and listed his gaze to see one of his... Nephews? Yeah that seemed about right, perched happily on the pelt he'd been dragging. Crux swallowed down his first instinct to throw verbal barbs at the boy. Instead taking a breath before speaking to him. "Would you mind getting off?"He could see why a child might think what he was doing was a fun game, but he was struggling enough doing this on his own as it was.

"I'm trying to take this back to my den, to set up a clinic." Maybe if the boy understood what he was doing it'd be easier to coax him off the fur.   

"Speech" "Riya"

Art by Cloudy!
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Ansem

Armada
Missing

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KPride - Aromantic
06-22-2023, 09:57 PM
It didn't occur to him that his actions might have irritated the boy he was playfully harassing. The older boy asked him to get off, a request that Ansem reluctantly obliged. He rolled off the pelt until he was on bare ground, frowning until the other boy said he was trying to take it back to his den to set up a clinic. His ears perked then, "A clinic? What's a clinic? Can I help?" He jumped to his feet, tail wagging as he...didn't exactly wait for an answer. He grabbed an edge of the fur and headed in the direction Crux had been going, bouncing along without a care and without even thinking about the fact the other boy had been struggling to begin with.

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

06-25-2023, 06:59 PM

Had he ever been this much of a handful? No probably not, he wasn't exactly able to jump and run around. He tried his best to keep himself from getting to frustrated though, the boy was still just a child and Crux would have to put up with worse if he wanted to help the pack, no doubt his patience would be tested then. He watched his nephew roll off the pelt and he started to lean down to pick it back up, when the boy's question reached him and he paused. Just long enough for the boy to grab the fur and start off past him, Crux stood there for a moment trying to process what had just happened before he spun around and took off to catch up, his pace halting, luckily he hadn't gotten too far and it only took Crux a moment to catch up to him. He picked up the other end of the pelt, lifting it to try and keep it from being dragged through the dirt any more than it already had, it'd have to be washed... He gently guided the little caravan towards his new den, gesturing with his head to put the pelt down once they were further in the first cave.

"A clinic is a place to care for the sick and injured." He finally answered as Crux let go of his end of the fur. "I'm going to set up a few different furs for wolves to lay down on." He explained to the boy. He moved around the very rumpled pelt to stand in front of his nephew. "I'd certainly take some help if you're still interested. There's a lot that needs to be set up still." Sorting herbs, cleaning the fur, getting more furs situated, and that was just what he could remember he almost certainly was forgetting things. "I don't think we've been properly introduced though, I'm Crux, you're one of Aris' kids right? That'd make me your Uncle." Who else was there to be producing purple kids after all? Even if this boy was much paler than his mother.

"Speech" "Riya"

Art by Cloudy!

Ansem

Armada
Missing

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KPride - Aromantic
08-19-2023, 11:36 PM
He listened as the older boy explained to him what a clinic was. Caring for the sick and injured, huh? Sounded...like a lot of work. But also something that he felt he could probably do. His mother, after all, was also a healer. He let go of his side of the pelt as Crux continued on about how he was trying to set up different furs for other wolves to use. "The wolves that need help?" He asked with curiosity. Were those gonna be for the sick and injured? "I'd certainly take some help if you're still interested. There's a lot that needs to be set up still." "Oh! Yes please! I wanna help!"

Maybe he'd learn a thing or two from this guy! Speaking of..."I don't think we've been properly introduced though, I'm Crux, you're one of Aris' kids right? That'd make me your Uncle." "Yeah! I'm Ansem! Imma be a warrior!" Or so he thought.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Might as well, right? Dreamer's Col 01:17 PM, 05-09-2023 09:35 PM, 01-22-2024