Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-14-2023, 11:24 PM
It had been long enough after the flood for the water’s to seep back into the earth. Repairs were well underway, and many wolves had been able to move back into their dens. It was also well past time that the Warlord spoke to his children. What he needed to tell them was something that many of them may have an issue with. If any could not deal with it, Asla had agreed to take them on. But, there was a hint of weary hopefulness in his chest. He did not and would not want Isa to replace what they had lost, but he hoped they could find a way to accept her presence.

He raised his head, and howled for his children. He knew many were busy, but after today the news would be out there, and any who did not come and hear it from his maw would no doubt know about it shortly afterwards.

"Speech"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
09-15-2023, 06:46 PM
Maybe he was just much more observant than others but Crux wasn't about to be surprised by the news his father was looking to tell. He'd already settled his emotions, he'd been tempted to be angry, irate, other words that started with vowels. But the truth was he just wasn't. There were things about his mother he'd always carry with him, both physically in the form of the leather cuffs but also emotionally. She was under everything the driving force behind why he worked so hard. But he also didn't expect his father to remain a widower forever just because of their mother, if he'd found someone that made him happy then he saw no reason for it to be a problem. Well aside from knowing it might be for the others. All of which was to say, while he had reason to assume the call for his whole family was about the flood, he wasn't going to be all that shocked by the truth.

Now what would catch him off guard was realizing he was the first of his siblings to show his face... How this kept happening, that was a mystery.

CruxRiya

Art by Twonahalfer
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Andromeda

"Dreamer Of Improbable Dreams"

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

Master Intellectual (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - BisexualTeacherOverachieverDouble MasterStudentSamhain 2022
09-15-2023, 08:38 PM
The flood is behind them and, while the Armada is still picking up the pieces, most of the wolves that were injured are well on the road to recovery. While pneumonia had knocked Andy down, the girl is past the worst of it and, while she can still get winded walking short distances, she is way past feeling like she is dying. The call from her father finds the girl resting in her room per healers’ (and Aresenn’s) orders and she groggily lifts her head from her bed. Shaking the sleep from her mind, the girl quickly stands and makes her way out into the Col.

Memories of the flood and the fear that had surround the events that early morning slam into the girl as she steps outside but she is quick to push it down. Andy’s steps are slow, measured in such a way that will take her to the gathering near the Obelisk without stealing away her breath. Even with her purposefully slow gait, the purple girl arrives to find that Crux is the only one to have arrived so far. With a bright smile to her father, the girl moves to join her brother and comes to sit next to him. Looking to Crux, she offers a friendly bump against his shoulder and warm grin before turning her attention back to their father.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
09-21-2023, 08:03 PM

Gossamer was grateful for Dagrún's help and the assistance that Ethne had brought. Between the two of them they'd managed to finish cleaning out her den. There was still a small river that ran down the middle of the floor but as most of her supplies were up on the ledges it wasn't a big concern. There was also of course the matter of Dag's invitation to come live with her in Ethne. Gossy had declined in the moment but the more she thought about it the more she was opening up to the idea. Dagrún was not well suited to the structure of the Armada but Gossamer also wasn't sure she wanted to keep up a long term relationship. Maybe it would do her good to let her hair down, try new pack experiences. Still, the thought of leaving home was difficult.

Gossamer hung the antler dream catcher that Dag had made her, above the hides that formed her bed. She hoped it would catch the nightmares that still haunted her from time to time. Not only of Pyralis but now the flood. She was lost in thought til she heard her father's call. Figuring it might be something related to the after effects of the flood she grabbed her pack and called for her companions before trekking to the source of the call. She noticed Andromeda and Crux were there already and she gave her father a quick nod. "Hey dad, something I can help with?"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-22-2023, 04:25 PM
Two from his youngest litter showed, and one from his middle. He nodded his head to the three children. He wasn’t terribly surprised by the small showing. The pack was busy, putting their lives back together and mourning what they had lost. His time was not the best, but he had decided that he did not want them to find out by accident. They deserved to hear it from him.

This wasn’t easy for him, and he knew it would be even harder for them. With a small, intimate grouping of his kids, he moved closer to them, so that all three of them were in paws reach. He looked from one to the other. Even his youngest were on the cusp of adulthood now. They had, all of them, been through so much.

”Thank you for the offer Gossy, there is always something to do, but this isn’t about that. I wished to tell you all something, so that you’d find out from my own muzzle. This might be difficult to hear, and if you wish to express your opinions, I’ll hear them.” Whatever he could do to ease this transition. He was definitely expecting them to take it badly. “I want you to know that I would never replace your mother, who she was will always be a centre point in our lives. But nor do I wish to be alone for the rest of my life. I.. that is, I’ve found somebody I wish to share what few years I might have left. Isa.” He paused there, letting them respond.

"Speech"

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
09-23-2023, 06:31 PM

Sirius explained he hadn't called them to talk about work but to share something that might be difficult to hear. Gossamer's stomach twisted in a knot and she immediately feared that one of their family had died from injuries due to the flood. She had heard of 'secondary drowning' and had feared the possibility that those that had inhaled water could suffer the condition. Gossy trusted the ranked healers to do their best but as she'd already learned, there were some conditions they could do little about. Gossamer steeled herself for the news. Waiting to hear which funeral she'd need to prepare for next.

Her head tilted to the side as her father mentioned that no one could replace their mother. Well, duh, but what did that have to do with- ohhhhhhh. Gossamer just blinked at her father as she tried to process not only the information but the emotions that came with it. She was relieved it wasn't news of death. However, she wasn't quite sure how she felt about her father falling for someone else. Logically she knew it was a possibility. Her mother was dead and she didn't really expect her father to remain alone the rest of his life even if he was aging. She just didn't expect him to find someone so soon.

"I see…I- Honestly I don't know what to say. I mean, as long as you don't expect me to call her 'mom'. I figured you'd probably find someone… eventually, you know." Gossamer fidgeted. She didn't really know Isa that well either so she felt even more at a loss. Did he really love her or was he just trying to fill the void left by their mother's loss? Fuck… what if that's what she was doing with Dagrún? "Dad, when you have time, can I talk to you alone?"

Andromeda

"Dreamer Of Improbable Dreams"

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

Master Intellectual (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - BisexualTeacherOverachieverDouble MasterStudentSamhain 2022
11-28-2023, 08:24 PM
Gossamer arrives and Andy, from her place beside Crux, offers her older sister a huge smile and small wave. It seemed that they would be the only ones to show and, while it isn’t too surprising given the fact that the Armada is still trying to rebuild, the lavender girl cannot help but feel slightly sad that none of her other siblings appeared. Their father moves forward, moving the meeting into a more intimate setting. With rapt attention she listens as Sirius explains about his relationship with Isa.

A huge, joyful smile fills her face as her eyes dance with happiness and the young woman feels extremely delighted that he has found true love once more. Isa has always had a special place in her heart and the fact that two of her favorite wolves in the world are getting together couldn’t have been better news; which she really needed after the events of the flood. Gossamer seems uncertain and her words only help to show that fact. Pale blue eyes move to her older sibling and she offers her an encouraging, sympathetic smile.

When Gossamer asks to speak with their father alone, Andy turns her attention back to her dad and stands. Stepping into his space, the girl sits and wraps her legs around his chest in a warm hug as she softly says, “I am happy for you dad. And I am happy for Isa too! We have all been through so much and you deserve every good that the world has to offer. May both of your lives be long and filled with endless love.” With a gentle squeeze she releases Sirius from the embrace and sneaks a gentle kiss to the side of his cheek.

Taking a step back, Andy says, “Maybe we could all have a family outing sometime! That way everyone can get to know each other better.” Pale blue gaze darts between Crux and Gossamer as she lifts her brow in silent question. Then, as if to sweeten the deal, she adds, “Isa is a great cook! Maybe we can do a picnic.” While she has had the benefit of knowing Isa since the woman first arrived in the Armada, many if not most of siblings have not had the same luxury. Well, it was time to change that.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. This is big Dreamer's Col 11:24 PM, 09-14-2023 01:00 PM, 03-24-2024