Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-14-2023, 04:20 AM
It was early afternoon, and the Warlord was taking a break from his daily routines. His paws led him up the path to First Light Point, one of his favourite spots in the pack. He felt the hike up in the muscles of his ankles in a way that was new to him. His body wasn’t getting any younger, a fact he was forced to face each day.

As he reached the highest point of the mountain watch, he let his gaze drift to the horizon. It was a beautiful day, with barely a cloud in sight. All the same, he couldn’t help the way his thoughts drifted to Zee, to Keahi, to Bird , and so many more in such a painful, long list of wolves he had loved and lost in his too-long life. Logic dictated that he should be in his last year, or years of his life. Still he trucked on, when so many others were lost.

Isa

Loner

Advanced Fighter (100)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
12-14-2023, 07:59 AM

Noticing the sullen mood of her Warlord, Isa did a little sneak and follow. The cerulean fae crept up the winding path to First Light Point, also feeling the burn in her old muscles. She was too chipper to admit it though. Too proud. Sore muscles wouldn't kill her and they weren't the end of the world, so, to Isa, they weren't worth mentioning.

As Sirius moved to sit and apparently reflect, Isa moved to sit beside him, pressing a kiss to his cheek before sliding down to lay on her belly next to the big man. She stayed silent, simply curling up in a little blue ball. Her side touched his flank and she stared out over the world below. Isa was simply there for love and support. If he needed to talk, she would listen. If he needed silence, she would give him that too.

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-18-2023, 12:24 AM
Sirius looked up and smiled at Isa as she joined him. He felt her lips brush his cheek, and then she was on the ground beside him. He rested a paw gently over her shoulders, leaning lightly against the smaller fae. He didn't speak for a little while after that. He had too many thoughts on his mind, and he was ready to let them out. Isa showed her patience, sitting quietly beside him until at last he stirred and spoke. “This world belongs to the younger generation now.” It wasn't the first time he had had the thought. The times he had acted on it in the past hadn't gone well for him.

“This pack should have belonged to Azure now. One of my sons from my oldest litter. He went missing a little before you joined us. If not Azure… perhaps his son, Basilisk. Though I am not sure that boy is ready. I feel I've spent years waiting for an heir to be ready, only to lose them. First Mortis, who abdicated. Then Azure, who's fate I don't know-” and that would chew at him for the rest of his life. His son had been driving a force at his side. They had just started to truly get along and work together before Azure had vanished on him. “-but Basilisk would have others to guide him. Andy, Hazel, Gossy, and Mort. We gave powerful allies with Ashen, Valta, and the Hallows. Perhaps in not stepping down I'm doing him a disservice. I've loved this pack nearly all my life now… Help me Isa, help me decide what I should do.”

"Speech"

Isa

Loner

Advanced Fighter (100)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res
12-18-2023, 04:45 PM

Silently, she waited. At some point, Sirius would speak what was on his mind. Isa simply had to be patient. Waiting wasn’t something that bothered her. In fact, she was really good at it. So she lay there silently until Sirius settled beside her, one big forearm draping over her. A little smile formed and soon the waiting was over.

Sirius spoke of his age and the youth waiting to take his place. Isa didn’t think that anyone could replace the Warlord. She did understand what he was getting at, however. Neither of them were exactly young and they weren’t getting any younger. Preparations needed to be made for the pack that Sirius had put so much of himself into. Isa could completely understand the melancholy. If only Sirius could live and rule forever, but this wasn’t the case.

Her opinion was asked and Isa remained silent for a moment, deep in thought. In time, she spoke. “It would be better to hand things over to the next generation while you’re still here to ease them into the role. You’ll be their guide until the end.” The fae smiled softly up at her mate, her love.“And I’ll be here with you.”

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-31-2023, 11:40 AM
It was no easy thing to discuss, and this time he did not feel he would be leaving leadership as strong as he did when it had been Azure at the front. He felt that Basilisk was still figuring out who and where he wanted to be. “That is true… though I feel that perhaps it would be best if I walked away for the first few months, both to give them a chance to find their footing and… to refrain from protesting any changes they make. I’m an old wolf, and I know change doesn't come easy to me” His voice was lightly teasing, though there was truth to his words too. He would not find any changes made after he stepped down to be an easy thing. 

“Lastly, do I hand the pack over to my heir, or do I open the floor to see who might be interested in leadership? Basilisk has been preparing for it, but there are others that could be suited to lead as well. Andromeda, for one.”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Whistful Dreamer's Col 04:20 AM, 12-14-2023 03:08 PM, 03-31-2024